King Arthur

is it worth it to pay money for this film? i am skeptical since even my normie friends say this film is all action and no substance.

Its terrible, just go watch Excalibur.

I'd say yes.
It's not for everyone, especially capeshit loving normies.
This movie is pretty unique in the way the story is told; lots of montages with an amazing soundtrack that gives the movie a weird but not bad pace.
Add to that great visuals, an excellent Jude law, a chinese Knight named Kung-Fu George.
Sure the story is nonsensical at times, aggravated by the very clear and visible cuts made by the studio/distributor, but the movie retains its charm.
Special mention for David Beckham's cameo, which is so bad it's good, and Bill "CIA" Goosefat's bad acting.

I completely agree. This movie's like some kind of throwback to 80s action/fantasy. It's not accurate, it's not faithful to the lore, and it's not trying to be. It brazenly gives no fucks while it tells its own story and it's awesome because of it.

This movie would have succeeded in the 90s, it's a fun action packed flick with a linear simple plot and cool fights. Not so great CGI though

It was awful.

And the chinese/black/arab britons were ridiculous.

yeah it was great, don't listen to Sup Forums they just get insanely mad whenever they see black people

Literally gray filter the film, watch it if you like DC capeshit

it's pretty good, Guy Ritchie does fantasy done p good

WE

>King Arthur
>Shiggy
>Rocknrolla man
>Shiggy
>Fills it with WEWUZ
>Fucking bombs
>Sup Forums insists this is just Sup Forums
>Sup Forums somehow convinced the normies with raciss! anti gay! kay kay kay!

It's possible people just didnt want to see Arthur ruined by sjw policies and took the wewuz as a red flag.

But im suuuure it was just all those scary boogeymen who ruined your girlbusters shit

The way critics shit all over it sure didn't help. I swear to God, if Boorman released Excalibur today, they'd shit all over it, too.

It's very, very bad.

Ritchie's ADD style is just incomprehensible and hideous. The acting from all concerned is terrible, the story is needlessly obtuse, there are stray sequences here and there that are good but it's honestly just a gigantic, loud mess.

Do not compare Guy fucking Ritchie to Boorman you tasteless pleb. Ritchie is one of the biggest hacks in Hollywood, he caters exclusively to the mentality of teenage boys.

Reminder that they planned a 7 movie series out of this and Guy Wretchie's incompetence cost 800 people 15 years of income each.

>The Arthur Cinematic Universe

OH AM LAFFIN

>people defend it by saying it's the director of nu-Sherlock
>people like Nulock
>plebs everywhere

I'm not, dumbass. I'm saying that modern critics shit on anything that doesn't adhere to their preconceptions. By that metric, Excalibur would get shit on, too. Care to see some of the idiotic criticisms we'd get from them if it didn't have thirty years worth of good will and analysis by *good* critics to vouch for it?

>incessantly dark and grim
>fog! So much fog!
>ohhhh! Look at the green glow! Green: the motion picture
>why is God pretending to be King Arthur when he talks to Percival?
>if Percival is talking to King Arthur at the Grail castle, why doesn't Arthur already know where it is? Why doesn't he already have it? Is he just tucking with them?
>If "the land and the King are one," why does Excalibur get shoved through Merlin instead of Arthur when he sticks it up in the ground between Lancelot and Guinevere? It makes no fucking sense!
>It's just a loud, confusing mess set to "epic" music.
>"I will build a . . . ROUND TABLE!" - fucking lol.

Go ahead and tell me that wouldn't be these dumbasses' reactions. I fucking dare you.

>dat montage with song
>dat lady in the lake scene

Yea it was a good movie

>dat badass eric bana witchkiller

Bana's Uther was GOAT.

id watch him and merlin fuck shit up in a movie

You're weird.

It's kind of breaking my heart that it's doing so poorly so far. I liked Ritchie's take on the Arthur legend. I liked the world they set up, too.

liked it way more than GotG
huge failure in the studio making it appealing to audiences

I've never seen such a based character

You're not alone. I left GotG2 feeling sort of cheated. I left this one hype as fuck.

"Why is King Arthur such a fucking cuck?"

>enjoyable as fuck
planning on seeing it again this sunday

Thank you.This guy gets it.

I've seen it twice, too. Saw it once on it first weekend, then took some buddies back to see it last Sunday. They were shocked at how much they enjoyed it. It was like seeing people wake up from a trance.

Is not worth even to download it for free.

>my normie friends

>all action and no substance

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Besides there's substance,

"You make sense of the Devil."

>rides on his horse to kill the mage
>thinking "aww shit they killing off Bana this early into the movie!?"
>single-handedly carries

>tfw you will never follow blessed Uther into glorious battle and watch him save the kingdom

So Vortigern was purging the mages, right?

uh yeah, so he could be the only one and rule

All this movie said to me is "This is the Witcher". It's perfect. Charlie Hunham is absolutely born to play a young geralt. His ferocity, aggressiveness, athleticism and no care lady killer attitude is perfect. I hope guy Ritchie with a better writer can adapt a Witcher movie one day.

I'm interested in how mages work in their world. I sort of got the impression that it was Potter-esque, sort of a familial thing, like Vortigern was full-on mage while Uther and Arthur were sort of "latent" for lack of a better word.

JAYZUZ CROIST JACKIE BOI

>that moment when Arthur grabs the sword mid-flashback

i must have terrible taste because i really enjoyed this movie

This.

It does not deserve the critical drubbing it's getting. The movie is actually pretty charming. Fuck you all.

I enjoyed it. I am still hoping for a truly epic Arthurian legend film ( Excalibur is good but not epic ), but Guy did alright I thought. Ruined only by his epic bantz sequence that he shoe horns into every fucking film - it was quite jarring.

If enjoying this means I have terrible taste, then I'm just so OK with that.