/tpg/ - Twin Peaks Generalq

Waifus Edition

Use this to make new threads: pastebin.com/edit/TDtvypx0

WARNING: If you haven't watched until S3E04, spoilers abound.

FAQ:
>I want to get into Twin Peaks, in which order should I watch it?
American Pilot (the one that lasts ~1h30m) + Season 1 > Season 2 > Fire Walk With Me > The Missing Pieces > read Secret History of Twin Peaks (optional) > Season 3
>I have never watched Twin Peaks, can I start with Season 3?
No.*
>I have not watched Season 2, can I skip to Season 3?
No.*
>But user I've heard Season 2 dips in quality a lot after the first 9 episodes and then comes back to quality at around episode 17-22
This is true, but ideally you should still watch it all. You can skip the James-out-of-town scenes safely.
>I have not watched Fire Walk with Me, can I skip to Season 3?
No.*
>I watched the new episodes without ever watching any of the old stuff and still enjoyed it. You mad?
No.
>Has everything leaked?
No.
Ep 1-2 were released normally on 21st, Ep 3-4 on the internet that same night.
Ep 3-4 will be re-aired on 28th. You can find torrents for Ep 1-4 already.
>When does Episode 5 air?
June 4, same time as premiere

*By "No" we mean "You shouldn't if you actually want to enjoy the series and understand the motifs/story"

Music:
youtube.com/watch?v=IGUboLZx3Tk
youtube.com/watch?v=sjvVw0pgdKc
youtube.com/watch?v=5l2EbSK8bNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=khMlcTE7lw8
youtube.com/watch?v=vmDDOFXSgAs
youtube.com/watch?v=MvCp0XtXYXw
youtube.com/watch?v=vsevMDc7-fo
youtube.com/watch?v=jxlGtcW1Qg8

Links:
>The Secret History of Twin Peaks (MOBI)
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=933D7216D1B8C38C9F507E2624886FBF
>"Diane..." The Twin Peaks Tapes Of Agent Cooper
archive.org/details/DianeTheTwinPeaksTapesOfAgentCooper
>More Twin Peaks reading material
pastebin.com/RYJr9bPW

Meanwhile....

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OqRRzDmZwNg
youtube.com/watch?v=40K_-akYm1w
youtube.com/watch?v=vKBRyNNW3u0
youtube.com/watch?v=3hOERnIuvbg
youtube.com/watch?v=o6KHdHygZ6k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tammy Ass

I still wanna fuck Lucy

Oh, mr. Jeffries, the shit it come out of my ass

Best butt in twin peaks?

She was married to a man possessed by Bob for 40 years, perhaps that explains it sufficiently.

Ok guys, I liked Lynch since I first watched Mulholland Drive at the theaters back in its day.
Since then, Ive been trying to show my girlfriends films of him, including TP.
Most of them found them strange and nerdy, but there are others who adore me because I showed them something different.

The question is,
which film/show or piece of art from Lynch would you show your girlfriend?

I always choose Mulholland Drive.

I want to fuck Lil.

T H I S
H
I
S

I just want Shelly to dominate me really

What went wrong?

which Christa Bell song do you recommend?

>She's got a really weird connection to the spiritual realm without even being bothered by them.

That's because he loved ones were fucking killed by them.

plastic surgery is one helluva drug

Wild At Heart

daily reminder the whole dougie storyline is only a dream

I made her watch TP with me and she loved it, disliked the middle of S2, disliked EP1/2 of S3, loved the rest.
Saw Mulholland Drive, she can't handle horror but loved it aswell.

>Opening scene is shot in black and white to signify it's the Black Lodge
>Giant tells Cooper he can leave soon
>Fast forward
>Next time we see them,the room is red again
>Mike talking to Cooper about leaving
>Cooper is sitting and WAITING to leave
>Cooper,The tree and Mike were all in the WAITING ROOM as Cooper was WAITING to leave

It doesn't get anymore fucking clearer than that. Please feel free to learn from this post so that you may stop calling the waiting room "Black lodge" in future discussions.

She can't even scoff properly. Why is she an actress?

Perhaps that could be an explanation as to why she actually sees Bob. But she still witnesses the appearance of the white horse.

I don't think the answer is that simple as prolonged exposure to a possessed being.

youtube.com/watch?v=OqRRzDmZwNg

Blue Velvet is the best way to introduce people to Lynch.

Oh Mr Jeffries

>Why is she an actress?
I'll give you a big reason why

How do you all bet Cooper will react once he regains lucidity and realises that 25 years has gone by?

Mental breakdown?

That Audrey pic is from like seven years ago.

FIRST FOR WE'RE NOT GONNA TALK ABOUT JUDY.

FIRST FOR WE'RE NOT GONNA TALK ABOUT JUDY AT ALL.

He''ll probably play some backgammon.

You're still wrong about the B/W room being the Black Lodge.
It could be that she was in need of seeing the white horse, as I think it might be a good spirit, I think that she's been susceptible to all things Lodge related simply because Bob was near her so much.

I miss the great close-ups from Fire Walk With Me.

I can cope with it being digital, but after watching and being obsessed with the movie ever since I saw it, I got so accustomed to seeing Twin Peaks through this lens. The movie is full of them, it's such an intimately shot film, and a lot of the mood comes from that.

Seems like he's intentionally avoiding the use of them, though, he's had plenty of shots where it would be effective, but the camera is still at a distance. I wonder if this is him taking a piss out of people watching it on their phones, everything becomes so minuscule you just can't see it.

My exgf enjoyed S1 of TP but dropped it in the middle of S2, she did enjoy Blue Velvet though.

No idea of what she thinks about S3, I hope she thinks of me everytime she sees any commercial about it.

Posted this too late in the last thread:
I've seen Mulholland Drive, Blue Velvet, FWWM and Eraserhead. I've loved them all.

I'm thinking of checking out Lost Highway and Inland Empire next.
Should I just skip Dunne, Elephant Man, Wild at Heart and Straight Story for now? I hear they're pretty conventional, and I'm craving full Lynch-ieness

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

oh god damn it

Probably because no one wants to see closeups of old people and their flaws in HD

Yeah, you should skip them.

Wild at Heart is very very Lynch.

>pants full of shit

JUST

FINALLY! I thought I was the only one noticed. This really pissed me the fuck off.

Elephant Man and Wild At Heart are both great. Dune is shit don't even bother.

That scene made me lol with all those pictures

>why is she an actress?

she's not, she's a musician. a pretty good one at that.

THE CONGRESSMENS DILEMMA

Keep Wild at Heart, it has nice things like those motels and deserts which are already showing in S3

I would recommend seeing his shorts. They are nice too

I'm thinking of checking out Lost Highway and Inland Empire next.
Should I just skip Dunne, Elephant Man, Wild at Heart and Straight Story for now? I hear they're pretty conventional, and I'm craving full Lynch-ieness

If you want crazy Lynch then yeah, skip them for now but definitely go back and watch Wild at Heart and Straight Story at some point. Forget Dune, it crap desu

Dune has some nice designs

He will frantically look for Annie

Sometimes his arms bend back.

rrreeeeeeeeee what's with people saying this, Wild at Heart is much crazier than Blue Velvet.

You can. Wild At Heat is also a bit more conventional but still not as conventional as the other ones you mentioned. I'd suggest watching Inland Empire last since that's probably the most concentrated Lynch that exists and also his only movie that isn't even a little bit linear.

HELLLOOOOOOooooo-OOOOO

i'll cry when this scene inevitably shows up. i just know it.

poor coop.

>tfw gunlet
someone spoonfeed me

ARE YOU THE MAN?????

friendly reminder that Shelly is a coalburner irl and Audrey remains the purest waifu

>BLACKED - fine
>BLACKED - fine
>NOT BLACKED - looks like shit

pure coincidence...

Obviously. This is true for almost every David Lynch movie.

everything was excellent, this just triggered the /k/ in me, although the mac10 in cole's office was ok

magazine is backwards

The magazine is in backwards. Apparently sometimes cops will do that to put it in evidence though. I didn't even know that you could put a magazine in backwards, I thought it just wouldn't go in.

Is that a laser sight mounted on the side?

are we going to get another world-class spook from the master?

He'll get a nice cup of black coffee and get right on to solving the case.

Audrey fucked Prince you mong

DOUGIE JONES

I was spooked by the cell spirit.

ARE YOU THE MAN???

Another album cover.

>magazine is backwards
of course it is, he's a lodge spirit. duh

if you have a twitter account i highly recommend sending praise to Patrick Fischler (@PFischler). that motherfucker deserves more credit for how well he builds up dread in just a few lines. he might even respond.

Has this general calmed down yet?

Give me time and I'll improve it

Anyone else just randomly shouts "HelloOooOo"
during the day?

Make one with mister Jeffries and the guy shitting himself.

At this point I'm pretty sure about that. The monster in the box was spooky, but I think in the 14 remaining hours there will be some scary shit at the level of MD or IE.

HELLLOOOOOOooooo-OOOOO

LE LYNCHED xDD

>of course it is, he's a lodge spirit. duh
bravo

think it's simmered from the intense speculation and attention. it's going to start getting bad from june 1-2 when we've been so long without an episode but i'm a veteran of Homestuck Generals so i know we won't be hitting the lowest depths possible.

yes

Audrey fucked Prince and is convinced that (((they))) murdered him.

Noticed recently that Mike isn't upset at the train car, he's in hysterics laughing manically.

I always assumed he was trying to help Laura, and maybe he's laughing cause he was able to throw her the ring, but him being with TMFAP at the end makes all of this seem dubious.

the motivations of these black lodge spirits are really hard to work out. TMFAP clearly doesn't seem like he's one of the good guys, but maybe he is? They wanted her to have the ring so Bob couldn't take the garmonbozia for himself is what I figure.

Does anybody got an epub of 'Lynch on Lynch' to share?

Will we have the whole 18 episodes every week? Or will we have to wait months?

will tracey "two coffees" barberato be making any more appearances?

I don't think he's laughing, he seemed panicked and upset, he even helped Ronette.
Perhaps he is laughing because he managed to toss Laura the ring.
Either way, I don't think it's deniable that Mike is a good spirit.

The dwarf and the tree are evil, everyone in the convenience store is, I think.
Mike said that he used to be evil but severed his arm and turned good, the dwarf is his arm.

>Lynch will die soon

realistically he'd be fucked in the head for the rest of his life. wonder how lynch plays it out.

youtube.com/watch?v=40K_-akYm1w

Post your favourite peaks music

Me
Dougie Jones

how can I achieve god like lynch hair

I doubt 2bh

The spirits act on their own interests alone, not to help or serve any characters, it's all for their own gain from what I can gather.

Garmonbozia is a big factor in their motivations, and general disliking towards other spirits in the lodge.

It seems to be that Mike, the Arm and the Tall Man don't really seem to be friends with Bob or any of the other spirits above the convenience store.

The only spirit that has good intentions and directly helps is Laura, who I think is part of the white lodge.

youtube.com/watch?v=vKBRyNNW3u0

youtube.com/watch?v=3hOERnIuvbg

It's so sad and defeatist, thinkgen of Laura ;(

she was gifted, Laura was damned

youtube.com/watch?v=o6KHdHygZ6k

Why would she be a good spirit?

I think the Giant is the only good spirit.

Coincidence?