The Rock committing career suicide

>Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Is Having Trouble Accepting That 'Baywatch' Is A Bad Movie

yahoo.com/news/dwayne-apos-rock-apos-johnson-135344336.html

>The movie’s star, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, however, is on a one man social media mission to convince the world that “Baywatch” isn’t as bad as everyone’s saying it is. Cue the actor launching into an almost Trumpian tweetstorm on Thursday about how out of touch the media is with what the the public wants.

>He kicked it off by reminding us all of the “extremely high scores” from fans.

what's his fucking problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2017/05/pirates-of-the-caribbean-5-dead-men-tell-no-tales-baywatch-box-office-weekend-1202102887/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's not career suicide. I love the Rock more for standing up for his movie and the common man

He still has to promote the movie

only thinks it's good because he's in it.

Literally nothing can stop the Rock right now. If anything, studios will like him even more for standing up for shitty comedies.

He's playing the game. If Twitter had been a thing when Doom came out he would have done the same thing. Look at how he talks about Doom now. He'll do the same for Baywatch once the window for adding to the gross closes.

This is why studios love him. This is why he gets hired. This is why he gets paid.

yo user who gives a fuck man

name 10 movies the rock has been in that scored less than 50% on rotten tomatoes and grossed less than 20 mil

that's what I thought

would this movie even be good enough for one fap?

DWAYNETTY SEETHING

Dwayne should be careful. Batista is already taking his lovable wrestler actor role.

It's Rock's first time being an Executive Producer for a movie. If if flops, that's generally a huge knock against someone's prospects in Hollywood.

Rock will be fine though.

>Standing by your product is career suicide

He's right

There's a shot where Daddario demonstrates why she wears a sports bra to Zac Efron.

I'd wait for the webm desu.

He's done a lot worse.
>Tooth Fairy
>scorping king ps2 graphics in Mummy Returns
>GI Joe

also he has like 10 projects coming up on imdb. Literally the most sought after actor right now

>literally one of, if not the most bankable actor in the world
>hasn't made a single good movie
how?

Bad movies make more money. See marvel/disney

rocketty was the ambrose

>Man takes stand and supports the film he stars in
wow what a piece of shit!

>complains about trump
>wants to be the next president

Pain & Gain is an amazing comedy.

>the ambrose
finna back to the discord tripfaggot

Oh my

>defend your movie
>career suicide
no, movie studios will love him even more for it

The Rundown is a great 90's movie released in the 2000's.

you have to wonder, is the rock carrying daddario or is it the other way around

>but the fans love it!

Only expected to make 24mil this weekend

deadline.com/2017/05/pirates-of-the-caribbean-5-dead-men-tell-no-tales-baywatch-box-office-weekend-1202102887/

No its not

I need to go see this movie now. Don't even care if there aren't any boobs in it. Actually, I think I'll buy some extra tickets for no reason at all.

Hi Dwayne!

Do it, Rocky.

It's kinda understandable tbqh, he's trying to be this generation's Arnold while all his movies are schlock. The anxiety is catching up with him.

hit the showers ya dweeb

If there were tits I would at least give it a shot.

In time, we will join you in the sun.

Flabby beta male gets to hook up with CJ Parker, so there's a little wish fulfillment at least.

Eh, don't blame him. He enjoyed working on it, he enjoyed watching it. He said he watched critics at the screening laugh at the jokes, apparently.

because the rock is just a huge fucking Chad who lthinks people give a shit about what he thinks in real life.

hes a court jester, all actors are.

This was his passion project so probably hurts a little more when the reviews say it's trash. That said no need to sperg out on Twitter and respond to every dumb normie bait that comes your way.

fucking kek

Critic shit. Sup Forums shit. Every shit.

HEEL TURN?!

it's sad to see a wrestler you loved fall so hard
He's a meme actor and needs to realise he will never make kino he should suck it up and take the L

Dwayne "The Salt" Johnson.

madman

If that's salty you're too autistic to understand humor.

Charisma. He's a great performer.

>i-it's great, I swear!
haha oh wow what a piece of shit

It is salty, Dwayne.

checked

and you're right

people can't bant anymore without people labeling as salty

NO ROCKY WHAT ARE YOU DOING. YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE.

he's a meme actor who can't take the L

Should've stuck to wrestling and got his HOF and cleaned up with a few cameos in movies like Diesel
instead of trying to be a leading man

Dwayne isn't an actor though
He's just a marketing tool

Stop samefagging, Rocky.

no one has ever called samefag and been right.

try again

He is going to be the president in 7 years, right?

>he's trying to be this generation's Arnold

That ship passed him by a long time ago

This and Walking Tall

The thing is, Rocky, if you spent less time on Sup Forums and more time getting gud at acting, you'd get better reviews.

fuck no

try 4

>calling the rock, rocky

surely you can see the error in this?

Nope
He can't handle bad press over a shitty movie, how is he gonna handle the venom of a presidential campaign?

Stop hiding from your past, Maivia.

sadly this

>7 years
>trump firing people trying to look into russian vote rigging
>he thinks trump won't be impeached

AHAHAH

Hi Vin, you fucking manlet!

kek

>Be star
>Hired in a movie that turns out to be crap
>Support the movie with the media and get fans to watch it
That how you keep getting hired, and why when someone finally gets a good movie (say, Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool) everyone is happy for them.

The average intelligence of a libtard

stay mad salty rock

Has he been hacked? Is he drunk? Wtf is happening

>everyone is happy for them

Speak for yourself. Reynolds is a fag

SEETHING

Hes absolutely right

i keked

vin sabotaged the rock because the rock was being a faggot

d i m e s

>muh 5d chess!

>I hate fun

No, he's just an insecure closeted fag that is exposing himself

>b-b-but it's fun!!

al-right BTFO

why, of all the shitty movies he's done, is he most attached and insecure about this one?

imagine if his DC movie gets terrible reviews. he might livestream his suicide on periscope.

>its fun

Tfw The Pebble will never star in a Terminator tier movie ever.

Trump can't handle the fact that fewer people showed up to his inauguration than Obama's so being petty isn't a dealbreaker for the presidency.

Pain and Gain was a good movie

People love shitty movies, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is doing really well right now for instance

Things that never happened : The Post

is this the end of the rock?
is this another age of the tooth fairy?

T H I C C

After the Rundown, I still don't get why he wasn't casted in more action movies like that one. It even had an Arnie cameo as a way of showing how the torch has been passed.

I certainly hope so
At a certain point, people are going to get tired of seeing his overexposed ass

>Pirates is going to have the same opening than Wonder Woman costing three times more
J U S T

there is a disconnect between snooty critics and the normal person though

like for instance critics thought the witch was a masterpiece, while no normal person could get past 10 minutes of the film without turning on the subtitles, only to get through to the end and have nonsensical shit happen and then roll credits, so its basically reviled by the normies.

these types of movies serve a purpose, and its partly this kind of shit that is the reason the rock is the highest paid actor in hollywood. He should still calm down with the tweets though, he isn't exactly in sandlerville yet