Why does this franchise keep devolving?

Why does this franchise keep devolving?

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/film/news/david-gordon-green-direct-halloween-for-miramax-1201983506/
gamelengths.com/games/playtimes/Alien: Isolation/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Right side looks more real. I never understood why the original aliens used to look like they were made of metal and plastic tubes. They look like a car engine.

The biomechanic look is far more unique than pleb slimy monsters, you wouldn't understand.

scott and cameron were the only true visionaries behind the alienw hen it came to stories and direction, everyone sicne (including scott) has tried to copy or duplicate those 2 movies instead of making something new

as much of a boarderline parody it is, Ressurection was the only one since that felt like it could bring some kind of new unique vision, even if it was basically a comedy

>I never understood why the original aliens used to look like they were made of metal and plastic tubes
Because Giger was very fond of ketamine

His whole style is biomechanics and penises. Lots and lots of penises.

>They look like a car engine.
They look like genuine fucking Giger you turbopleb. The one on the right doesn't look like shit, it looks like a tight suit.

Giger vs Beksinski, who's more fucked up

I don't get how ridley scott claims ownership of the whole series

he didn't write the first movie or the second one, and he didn't design the alien. how does he get to decide what's canon?

Allegory for communist poland in there somewhere

and this is bad how?

a) he's still alive b) studios keep giving him money to make mediocre flicks cause he has a great work ethic

He's rich, famous and prestigious, everyone obviously kisses his ass.

Also Dan O'Bannon and Giger are dead, so they can't really challenge his claim of ownership.

why can't they get cameron

I like his art but he does have a bit of a big mechanical looking cock fixation

As for the costume designs:
Alien is darkly lit almost as if it's trying to be a horror film, and the angular plasticy design adds to the creepiness
Aliens is an action flick and xenos are only glimpsed as they get gunned down, so doesnt matter much
Alien 3 is half CG anyway
Alien covenant is brightly lit almost as if ridley is a senile hack and therefore the costume needs to look good when brightly lit

t. embryo

He's busy doing Avatar. Hell, I don't even like Blompkamp's films, but I'd take his Alien film, if they had someone else writing the screenplay/story.

Cameron doesn't give a fuck, he's obsessed with his giant smurfs.

Which is probably why Ridley is so hellbent on making a shitload of Alien movies, he's still butthurt that Cameron made the better Alien movie and is now making another franchise with aliens.

the real answer is that the xenos in alien covenant aren't the xenos you see in aliens

they get their tube design through "evolution"

Also, Sup Forums's thoughts on this
variety.com/2017/film/news/david-gordon-green-direct-halloween-for-miramax-1201983506/

>getting the guy who ruined Alien with a shitty sequel

Beksinski inspired horror movie when

Never because hollywood jew is allergic to new ideas

So maybe when polish jew decides to make one I guess

Why do the alien's bodies resemble that so closely of humans?

James Cameron has more attachment to this franchise than ridley does

ridley's just some old codger the studio decided should direct it for some reason

he hasn't had a good movie since the counselor which is just alien in mexico and shouldn't be in charge of building the world since he's just going to find a way to cram christianity in there for some reason. it's almost like he doesn't know how to make an interesting story and relies on allegories to the bible in order to engage the audience. hmm really makes you think..

hey, they used his art in the Dawn of War 3 trailer. That game was heavily marketed.
It's not much, but it's something.

Also Scorn and Agony took some of Beksinski's aesthetic.

Excuse me where is the penis/vagina? How are the supposed to procreate?

you are so retarded, the biomech look is the style the were going for

with facehuggers

>made the better Alien movie

heh

funny how this is the best thing that happened to alien franchise since the original

>tfw you realize Geiger hated company executives plagiarizing his work especially the alien sequels

I really want to fuck that xeno.

he was amazing though

>his work

uhmm, nice try sweetie

kill yourself idiot

You're talking to the same people who unironically think half of the special effects in Star Wars should consist of flimsy muppets. They should be ignored.

samefag

The original deisgn is sexual as fuck. Alien toys with it, other films just stick to oral rape forced pregnancy.

If it was 4-6 hours shorter and completely cut out any confrontation with anything besides the single alien that wanders around like a hungover dad. And if you weren't able to craft a noisemaker and run away unmolested when cornered. Then it would've been a great game even. But since this is the alien franchise we're talking about, yeah, isolation is better than most of the flicks in the series.

Been playing this game on/off for the past 2 years lol. It's long af, but im near the end

it's not even that long wtf

The Azmodan cutscene from Diablo 3 had some Beksinksi flair

They aren't aliens anymore, theyre genetically altered humans

the first is the best, the newest is a suit.

gamelengths.com/games/playtimes/Alien: Isolation/
It's not a short game, but actual spooky ayylium funtime is about 1/3 of the game

THICC

Quads confirm

the face hugger was a vagina that would mouth rape you

the one on the right looks like skellington king Froome

>Alien egg looks to much like a vagina. They wanted to screen the film in the catholic countries
>so I added another vagina that makes a cross and now it is doubly offensive
>h.r. giger

egg: vagina
facehugger: vagina with penis
alien head: penis
alien tongue: penis
chest burster: violent erection
engineer ship: double sided dildo

I think beksinski is WAY more fucked up

his paintings are far more disturbing and less contrived/forced

gieger stuff is pretty gimmicky with an interesting initial concept of sexbiology/mechanics
you can tell giger copied a lot of stuff from beksinski and gigers stuff is such a one trick pony that he milked to death where as beksinski made something new every time he painted, just retained his style

Giger was an edgy little degenerate and a literal cuckold. He lived in a slum with his girlfriend (inspiration for pic related) who he had an open relationship with. Eventually she killed herself which just made him edgier.
Love his art though.

>20 hours is long

>just a single alien
>implying that wouldnt make the 20 hour game extremely boring with little variety.

>just craft noisemakers and run
Obviously didnt play on hard cus that only works the first few times then then xeno ignores it completely the rest of the game. Try the game again on the men's difficulty and tell me its boring and easy

yo dawg

Hell from Constantine is inspired by him

Watch the movies, it is clearly explained that the aliens take the genetic matériel of whatever host they find. Hence the human skull in the alien head.

>000

the issue is you can see the creases in the onesie across the crotch. it's just so obviously a suit

>made the better alien movie

my fav portrayal of hell desu

Neck yourself.

Was going to point this out, I have no idea what that retard is talking about. Right looks like shit.

Then why does the dog/ox alien look so human too?

k y s
y
s

>Cameron made the better Alien movie

i'd let that curvy bubble butt xeno rape my mouth desu

But it's true.

Alien halfway through is just Ridley walking alone in a dark ship. Aliens has cool battles, fun characters, Newt, and ends in a Boss Fight.

Cool battles fun characters and boss fights aren't exactly normal Alien characteristics

Jesus Christ.

Dullest franchise. Just kidding that's star wars

Aliens>Alien

Barlowe

I never saw anything sexual in these films

SHUT THE FUCK UP ROSS AND MAKE MORE FREEMAN'S MIND YOUR OPINIONS ARE AWFUL

>I will never understand why an artist made a design choice to make the creature more interesting

>literally just quoting shitty videogame youtubers word for word for free (you)s

have a good long think about your life

Yeah Clone Wars sure was a great video ga- I mean movie.

I think I ate bad nachos.

you forgot:
alien slime: cum