3D Recommendations

Since the 3D era seems to come to an end and the movies are getting cheaper, I was wandering which movies are worth buying

Any recommendations?

>emily blunt will NEVER step on your balls
just die in my sleep already
( ._.) ( ;_;)

In the meantime I'll keep posting posters of movies that I already have.

Dredd
Hugo
Mad Max Fury Road
How To Train Your Dragon
Gaspar NoƩ's Love

>Hugo
I have everything except Hugo, what kind of film is it and is it real 3D?

3D is not at an end. Every Disney / Pixar animated kids movie is in 3D and they make huge bucks doing that. Case in point : Cars

Many TV manufacturers have stopped adding 3d to their products. The future seems to be 4k without 3D.

Also, live action movies with 3d are becoming rarer as of right now. Ridley Scott has said in an interview that he would've liked to shoot Alien Covenant in 3D but the studio didn't let him.

As for animated films, it doesn't really cost much more to do a 3D Version so that's why it stays prevalent, but it won't be of any use if there are no TV's around to watch them on. It will probably be only in cinemas in the future.

Everest 2015
Doctor Strange had really good 3D. For some scenes they had to tone it down because it would be incomprehensible in 2D.
and you may not like them but the last two Final Destination movies

>Many TV manufacturers have stopped adding 3d to their products. The future seems to be 4k without 3D.
/3/ here. All you need is a high refresh rate display and glasses that sync up to an emitter. This hardware already exists. Its called Nvidia 3d Vision.

>It will probably be only in cinemas in the future.
in the future we will have advanced versions of VR and our content will have much MORE 3D content, not less

Everest I have.

Do the Final Destination films suck or do they have some redeeming quality? I only saw the first 3, 1 and 2 were really good but 3 sucked so I stoped watching

forgot the poster

4 is complete shit. i only have it cause i like to see blood and gore fly in my face. 5 is average, but with much better 3d

>/3/ here. All you need is a high refresh rate display and glasses that sync up to an emitter. This hardware already exists. Its called Nvidia 3d Vision.

Doesn't sound like something that anyone outside a very specific (therefor small) audience would use. That means not much consumption of 3D media which means studios won't be bothered putting out 3D movies because it's to expensive.

As for VR, do you really think that normal people will sit around with that thing on their head. Do you think families will sit in their living room, everyone with their VR on their head killing all social contact and destroying any form of family life. VR is for singles and nerds, but not mass appeal

>Doesn't sound like something that anyone outside a very specific (therefor small) audience would use.
Its a snap to setup, multiple people can use it at once, and Avatar looks stunning on it.

>As for VR, do you really think that normal people will sit around with that thing on their head. Do you think families will sit in their living room, everyone with their VR on their head killing all social contact and destroying any form of family life. VR is for singles and nerds, but not mass appeal
Yes, absolutely. VR is the future for everyone, there is no doubt about it.

>Its a snap to setup, multiple people can use it at once, and Avatar looks stunning on it.
I'm not saying that it is bad, I'm saying that the masses are not going to do it

>Yes, absolutely. VR is the future for everyone, there is no doubt about it.
Might be that it actually is as popular in the future as you think it is, but I highly doubt it

I guess I'll pass then.

I already have a bunch of movies I ended up disliking that I just bought for the 3D experience

>Might be that it actually is as popular in the future as you think it is, but I highly doubt it
VR movies are going to run on slim wireless glasses instead of the headsets they have now. VR will replace current media like Netflix replaced Blockbuster - it'll be a total different landscape

Best 3D movies are the Hobbit Trilogy

>VR movies are going to run on slim wireless glasses

OK, you're talking much further into the future then I am. This stuff won't be happening in the next 10-15 years anyways. More likely the next 30-50 years

Yogi bear, jackass 3d, kinda reccom chronicles of narnia. Complete waste of time was transformers revenge of the fallen. It had like 3 3d scenes. I wanted a refund from micheal bay. Never again will he get my 3d bucks. And it was the first of his films I bothered to go to the movies for.