Person of Interest

>dude we have a new number
>next episode
>dude we have a new number
>next episode
>repeat a billion times

When is this episodic shit gonna end? Makes it impossible to stomach several episodes in a row

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2424913/Person-Interest-filming-stopped-police-prop-guns-scare-residents.html
youtube.com/watch?v=37MNDqPJZgo
youtube.com/watch?v=SEs5hdn5_20
youtube.com/watch?v=vbqY3DsCpfg
youtube.com/watch?v=tmEmukYs-Kg
youtube.com/watch?v=u7APmRkatEU
youtube.com/watch?v=uGTvNKNguWo
youtube.com/watch?v=BioylrW8jhU
youtube.com/watch?v=sf6mkYz4mx0
youtube.com/watch?v=lcAvPigE9bs
youtube.com/watch?v=Ksgw79s5vE0
youtu.be/jDvIkqapC84
youtube.com/watch?v=NwudqTCkBis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>When is this episodic shit gonna end? Makes it impossible to stomach several episodes in a row
That's kinda the point of procedural shows.

Thank god they dropped that format though

DUDE LESBIANS!

Never, the number of the week episodes are the only reason it got made at all, they just do less of them as the show goes along.

I mean i can tell I'd enjoy this weekly but ahh can't stand episodic shit that goes on for too long

I loved this show.
It's a shame they rushed the last season

Someone post the Shaw/Root webm.

Using CGI gunshots in the final edit should be illegal. Blanks are safe and inexpensive now.

They didn't really have a choice, CBS kinda forced the better Nolan and his buddies to do so.

>Blanks are safe and inexpensive now.
The problem they had is that Fag Yorkers were calling the cops on them

dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2424913/Person-Interest-filming-stopped-police-prop-guns-scare-residents.html

Who /Fusco/ here?

Is he /ourguy/?

To be fair to New Yorkers, thatd probably happen in any city.

Except Detoilet

Samaritan really is /ourguy/. Running 7 thousand lesbian sex simulations probably wasn't even necessary, it just did it because it wanted to.

Samaritan would have given this another season if it had won

>Remember when you left New York? Before all this, before Samaritan? You were gone seven years. Seven years I waited, hoping that you wouldn't come back. Every year, I took a holiday. I went to Florence, there's this cafe, on the banks of the Arno. Every fine evening, I'd sit there and order a Sensha Green Tea. I had this fantasy, that I would look across the tables and I'd see you there, with a wife and maybe a couple of kids. You wouldn't say anything to me, nor me to you. But we'd both know that you'd made it, that you were happy. I never wanted you to come back to New York. I always knew there was nothing here for you, except pain and tragedy. And I wanted something more for you than that. I still do.

comfy as fuck, the iranian chick would get my dick

Everyone likes to bitch about the slow, case-of-the-week episodes especially early into the series. I'm not a fan of CSI or NCIS type shows, but POI made the procedural episodes very entertaining and put in a lot of world-building at the same time.

Plus the ending makes you appreciate more those earlier moments when the main characters were just slowly getting to trust each other all while trying to figure out the purpose and capabilities of the Machine.

Some assholes realize there are two story arcs happening at the same time. There's the story that is progressing, and the episode that supports the story in one episode. Why are you people so fucking tone deaf to how you write a narrative? This was one of the best procedural dramas to complete an important idea.

Are you fucking retarded?

I need OP moron to check in and explain how he can't follow two things at once.

>but POI made the procedural episodes very entertaining and put in a lot of world-building at the same time.
Agreed. I started making one of those episode guides for the show on my latest rewatch and was surprised how relevant most of the episodes are, you just don't realise it on your first viewing.

I know most of you people are emotional cripples, but this was one of the best scenes on television I've ever seen.

youtube.com/watch?v=37MNDqPJZgo

What the other people said about episodes still moving the plot along aside, I'm really sick of this idea kids have now that 'procedural=bad'. Look at the X-Files, most of the best episodes of that show were the entirely self contained, procedural episodes.

A show does not need to be a 10-part miniseries on HBO to be good.

And this was a close second. youtube.com/watch?v=SEs5hdn5_20

Stories without "procedure" is life without routine. Does that happen in real life?

Once you finish, by all means please post. I'm still trying to get some friends interested in PoI. It really is underrated.

I'm not an emotional cripple at all, POI has probably made me cry more than any show I can remember. Bawled my eyes out in the series finale 2bqh

That scene is great though, Jim Caviezel did 'menacing' so well. Honestly there's so many great scenes from this show that I don't even want to post any, because I'd probably be here all night doing it

I feel you. It's cut my guts out more than I like to admit. I don't even know a rape victim. The writers were good people.

On that line of thought, you can think of The Sopranos, a show that is by all accounts heavily serialized, but which introduces every few episode that one-off character that never appear after or that minor plot line that gets resolved within that episode.

All things considered, Person of Interest pulled off the procedural masterfully.

Fuck it, I'm gonna post one of the best scenes. All the flashbacks in that episode were so good, but plucky comic relief character Fusco got the best one, easily.

youtube.com/watch?v=vbqY3DsCpfg

Honorable mention goes to Reeses though for pic related

That's HBO dude, not CBS. 24 shows a season isn't sopranos.

The lighting in this scene and his manly face structure are so striking, it's really great.

This is the show I watch when I'm feeling sad. The people in this give me hope for some reason. I kinda love it.

I'm putting both in contrast. PoI starts off like any other procedural cop show, yet builds up to this incredible narrative arc. The Sopranos, on the other hand, announces this great serialized story and still puts in a lot of episodic fluff (mostly good).

Just looking at the way a lot of the episodes were shot makes it pretty clear that POI wasn't like anything else on CBS, or a lot of network TV for that matter. But it still gets lumped in with the CSI's and NCIS's and ignored by most people, just because of the network it had the misfortune of airing on. And that makes me sad.

It does seem like a lot more people are discovering it now through netflix and other things, and I have a feeling in 10 years it's going to be looked back on fondly as "That one really great show nobody watched"

>It does seem like a lot more people are discovering it now
Another thing to consider is international, the finale only aired in the UK a few months ago, I'm sure there are some other places even further behind.

Wasn't Tony Scott involved with this show? Some fucker with an idea wrote this..

What's your favourite existing song used in Person of Interest? There's so many great choices

youtube.com/watch?v=tmEmukYs-Kg

Afraid of Americans.

Jonathan Nolan, Christopher Nolans more talented brother.

Welcome to the Machine fucking killed me when it turned on

YES! Thank you. shit I was wrong.

Listen to that!

youtube.com/watch?v=u7APmRkatEU

I dunno about favorite song but Hurt had my favorite sequence with it

youtube.com/watch?v=uGTvNKNguWo

youtube.com/watch?v=BioylrW8jhU

This was good too, I loved the way that episode ended, with this song

youtube.com/watch?v=sf6mkYz4mx0

Fuck this was a good show. Such a satisfying overall series story compared to other JJshit like Lost had

Probably because JewJew had no creative control or input, it was all Nolan and Plageman.

>episodic series evolves into large overarching story arc

Is this the GOAT tv show format? This had it, Farscape had it, DS9 had it

Why do you insist on just being an asshole? Are you suffering so much?

He's right though. Lost was so obviously thrown together on the fly. It was fun episode by episode but looking at the show as a whole it is a colossal trainwreck of plot

legitimately wat? Where did that come from?

This show was great but Root was so fucking annoying and preachy, I hate how the show made her right all the time

Absolutely, especially in sci-fi. Fringe is another example.

Dont forget Babylon 5

>tfw I actually loved season 1 without even knowing where the show was headed afterward

Root was right most of the time because she always had The Machine in her ear telling her what to do and where to go. Its less that she was right and more that the Machine was.

She was little more than The Machine's Avatar though, it's hard to be wrong with God whispering into your ear

The OST is the real gem. Character themes were kick ass and the producers really integrated the music into the storytelling brilliantly.

youtube.com/watch?v=lcAvPigE9bs

This so much, Person of Interest has one of the best tv OSTs I've ever heard. All of the character themes were so good, and the de facto theme song for the show is amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ksgw79s5vE0

POI is a great show, but the ost made it so much better

root a cute

CUTE

>its a "root has to wear a cute disguise to avoid detection by samaritan" episode

Caviezel was great in this show. I hope he comes back to tv. Fusco was awesome. Bear was the best sidekick

The final season is shit. Slowly moving to more serial format was great, but the writing got really bad at the end.

What the fuck did you expect from a CBS show?!

Be thankful that the cripple with the glasses doesn't say BAZINGA every five minutes of every episode.

Reminder that CBS fucked them over because they didn't own the show fully and had to share profits with WB, CBS forced them to include filler shit even in the shortened final season.

Fuck those greedy assholes.

He was supposed to be in that SEALS show but dropped out.

Not their fault. CBS gutted their budget, they had to beg to have a final season at all

It came out after shows like Lost, and people were tired of that format and wanted episodic back. And it looks like people are now tired of episodic "of the week" episodes and want one long story.

Atleast we got a final season though. Fuck CBS and all, but PoI had a fantastic ending. More than a lot of shows get, so Im happy about that

Show was epic en comfy as fuck though

Watched it from the start till the end and absolutely loved it

One of my all time favorites

Season 5 completely lost me, I was on-board with it and it steadily got better, but that last fucking season.

Bullet immune cars, the research into IT infrastructure and hardware vanished (that fucking cooling system in the train, 'encryption' doesn't work that way, that suitcase mishap), some of the AI stuff made no sense (it relearning). The Govt lost control too quickly. And I think some of the premise was wasted on the how god-like the AIs were.

I'm being vague here because it was many months ago but this was just my general feelings. I think my main issue is that it could have been a lot better than it was and just didn't live up to my expectations.

I miss this show.
One of my favorites.
The songs and ideas were just top notch.

What's the deal with this show? It seems to get pretty high acclaim from its viewers, 10m+ audience, but it's hardly a show anyone ever mentions and very few critics have even reviewed it past season 1.

Is it weird that I thought Root looked insanely hot in that torture scene? All sweaty and disheveled and shit

youtu.be/jDvIkqapC84
>the comments are still about PoI
;_;

This is Amy Acker we're talking about. You'd have to be weird to think any different senpai

Due to it airing on CBS it was lumped in together with all the other procedural shows.

Why did the Machine only care about people from New York? Send the team out to Seattle or something. Christ.

That's why the best episodic shows have an underlying plot and secondary plots that are developed little but little during each episode until the season finale.

Seriously? They didn't get the fucking hint by the appearance of film cameras and lights and dozens of staff standing around with headsets and shit.

Got sold to CBS as a procedural crime show with a minor sci-fi macguffin and (starting with the end of the first season) became a show heavily about A.I.s and the illegal government surveillance state they could create.

I cant for the life of me grasp whats supposed to be happening in that picture. It doesnt make any sense to me at all.

Still, it's a very accurate representation of how pointy Root's nose is.

I know, she's as near to perfection as a human being can get but I mean for some reason that scene in particular is extra hot to me. Her lookin all nasty like she's been up for 3 days straight. I like it.

Look. Let's be real here.

Samaritan was the good guy in this.

The machine and its lackeys were just a bunch of anarchist scum.

Planned economy and a guided populace >>>>> """"""free"""""" market and uncontrolled masses

It's implied that the Machine has cells all over the place.

Root is teasing Shaw, and Shaw slaps the shit out of her.

Yeah but why is she flicking severed rabbit tails at her? Why does she have eyes and Shaw doesn't? And why is Shaw wearing novelty cat ears??? This is the most puzzling comic strip I've seen since The Pipe Strip.

Honestly if Samaritan was real, I would serve it willingly and without question. Because it's the best leader mankind could ever hope to have.

Shaw and Root were into some kinky shit.

I had no idea that anyone had saved that. Always nice to see my old work...

It's nice to have something to remember those PoI threads that ran during the final season. First and last time I've ever seen them hit bump limit, over and over for like a week.

It was nice.

youtube.com/watch?v=NwudqTCkBis

It's impossible for me to hear this song without thinking of Shaw now.

This.