Does anyone else really like Idris Elba?

Does anyone else really like Idris Elba?
I can't think of a single movie he's been in where he doesn't make it better, or at least where his character stood out amongst the others in a good way.

He's a great actor and also plays some pretty likable characters. I still wouldn't accept him as James Bond.

This and /thread

I can't think of any movie he's been in, and don't really understand why he's so revered.

Me neither. All his roles a generic and anybody could have played them.

far as black actors he's mediocre but he's got a great agent and bloggers are weirdly obsessed with him

Pretty much. I wouldn't even mind him as the next Bond. I really don't give a fuck that he's black and it would be great seeing all the but hurt on Sup Forums and Sup Forums.

the only people who dislike him are insecure drumpfy whitebois who get triggered by the sight of a real African MAN. most women ovulate at the sight of him and guys know that their place is to watch from the sidelines and worship the BBC

>ey gurl u want dis BBC lmao
>See you in my room in 10 minutes.

i like that scene lol

he's a good actor, but they need to stop putting him in white roles. It brings out trolls and has happened enough times that it's starting to be a "type" for him.
>We need some diversity. let's take this white character and cast a black man.
>I know just the guy!

Would let him marry my sister.

He'd be the best James Bond. Black people in the UK are ultra cultured and he'd blend in overseas. The fuck is wrong with you people? This isn't the cunting 60s.

All of a sudden as this guy is nearly an old age pensioner people never shut up about him, he's a mediocre actor and wouldn't be arsed if I never see him in any show or film again.

I would let him fuck my gf.

You're like council house garbage, aren't you?

>Prometheus
>has sex and lets 2 of his crew die
>kills himself

>Pacific Rim
>has control of all Jaegers and lets 6 of his crew die in 2 minutes
>kills self

Yeah he's really making his movies better lol

Why would that be pertinent to anything? Who the fuck are you? Some snob or something,

Was that image created after July 8, 2015?

Sorry, you just sound like a stupid cunt that hasn't seen or understood anything. I might be wrong.

bad actor

Why is that?

You said nothing, then called me a snob like an insecure person would and never commented on Idris body of work, which you don't seem to know. Have you watched Luther, or The Wire? You're an empty asshole who just types garbage. But continue by all means.

You said council house like it was a class war. Most people live in council housing. That was snobbery.
I've watched the wire in it's entirety yes. He wasn't the best of the gang member actors desu, the amateurs did as good a job if not better than him on the whole.
You know fuck all about me you sanctimonious self righteous tit.

I don't want to see him in my movies.

Accept other people's opinions and stick on your favorite idiocracy elbow wank tape.

don't ever type 'desu' you sound like a cunt. and understand your economic situation instead of being a twat. You need to spend time in the adult community from now on. I'm as sanctimonious as you are stupid. Grab your time.

Wtf is a "white role"?

desu desu desu desu desu

kid.

roland in the dark tower

desu desu desu desu

Idris played a black ballmore gangster who was more savvy than a black detective in the UK. That fucker can do any role on the planet.

You said it user, Idris is definitely our guy.

Shut up newfag, it's a wordfilter you ginormous imbecile.

I know you're basically children, but I always hoped you'd be clever children.

>mfw this thread

Still doesn't make you sound like you aren't someone who should be ground up into soylent green. You really understand you sound that stupid, right? You should be food for other humans.

Oh Jesus who gives a shit? I'll be honest, I've never read the books. Is Roland explicitly stated to be white? Is it a major plot point that he's white? Does casting a black actor change or ruin any aspect of the story? Genuinely curious about your opinion.

Hmm food for other humans, you sound like a savage.
You must be really intelligent because you keep saying you're some elite person or something.

Makes you sound like a twat.

The main part of the 7 books is him arguing with a black woman because he's white so YES it is important.

film adaptations of white characters from comics and literature. don't be dense. this isn't some Sup Forums "muh white race" nonsense. it's filmmakers making casting choices to pander to political fads. deliberately casting someone black in a written-as-white role (or vice versa) instantly breaks suspension of disbelief and strongarms the audience into making a political evaluation unrelated to the storytelling. it's unnecessary, distracting and manipulative. That's not egalitarian equality. It's just bad casting and political grandstanding.

don't play that who gives a shit card, what the character looks like and sounds like matters in cultural context and in the context of a story. the same way many wouldn't accept a white man playing malcolm x, there are roles that can't just be played effectively by certain races.

He was fucking garbage as Heimdahl. Wasn't he? I, honest to god, hate you people.

Hey guys, I'm a big Idris Elba fan so I made this list of roles that I'd love to see him in:

>The Man with No Name

Idris will have already done Dark Tower so wouldn't it be great if they got him to do a modern spaghetti western as an homage to Sergio Leone? They could even get Clint Eastwood to play the villain which would be so perfect honestly.

>James Bond

This one almost goes without saying but an actor like Idris could really bring the Bond franchise back to its roots. They could bring the focus back on Bond's aggressive sexual conquests and Idris would no doubt be able to portray this role very convincingly. It be great if they got someone like Emma Watson or Elle Fanning to be his Bond girls because I'm sure everyone would want to see that.

>Steve McQueen

Steve McQueen was one of the greatest movie stars of all time and it is a shame that we've never had a decent biopic of him. This is probably because almost no modern actor could pull off McQueen's effortless cool but I'm certain Idris would be up to the challenge. The movie could focus on McQueen struggling to balance his racing, acting and family and it would be awesome to see Idris recreate the car chase scene from Bullitt.

>King Arthur

Think of how cool that'd be! We all know the Guy Ritchie version just flopped because they cast some rando as the lead. Idris would have saved the film for sure, just imagine Idris being tutored by Merlin and pining for Guinevere. It would be amazing.

>George Washington

Given the success of Hamilton! I figure it's time for an actor like Idris to take on another founding father and who better than the father of the nation himself! He could give a rousing speech at Valley Forge or before crossing the Delaware that would get him the Oscar he so greatly deserves.

I'm sure there's tons of other roles he'd be great in as well. Who would you most want to see him portray?

Okay, I get why autistic fans of the book might be upset at changing his race. But for the rest of the world who don't know he's supposed to be white it doesn't matter at all. Filmmakers have always ignored source material and fanbases to try to get the attention of a wider audience. They dont care about pissing off some Stephen King nerds if they can draw in a bigger crowd. Idris Elba is a big name right now. It's less to do with sjw pandering and more about making money.

well you can say it doesn't matter until you're blue in the face but it does matter

Think about it. Say you've read the books over the course of 10+ years, thinking oh imagine if they made this into a film then you find out they cast Roland with a black actor.
That's shitting on the fans, do you think that's ok?
Idris Elba isn't a big name at all. That's bs.

>comparing famous characters and real people to a literal who only a bunch of King-worshipping sperglords have ever heard of

Ok

>black actor
>shitting on fans

It literally only matters if you're racist. I mean, that's fine, stand in your truth user. But recognize that not everybody is.

this discussion has nothing to do with racism actually, making that accusation just destroyed your credibility

I've read the fucking books, The character of Roland Deschain being black is the most ludicrous thing to change.
Watch your film hippie.

don't get me wrong, I think Idris is a good actor. Loved "The Wire" and "Beasts of No Nation". But you don't have to be an autist to look at Roland, or Heimdall, or Cpt Roque, etc. and say "wait... what?"

>Roque

I'm confused as to why you have a problem with that one.

Come on now Idris an A-list movie star who's breakout role was Stringer Bell from The Wire. He was also in Prometheus where he played Charlize Theron's love interest and also raised his profile by playing the brilliant detective Luther plus he will also be starring in the upcoming adaptation of Neil Gaiman's Dark Tower. He's a really really big deal user.

>this character's race has no bearing on anything at all but I don't want him to be black
>not racist

looks just like him, right? It's just unnecessary.

but race does have a "bearing" as you poorly put it, that's why there would be a large scale freakout if tom hardy starred in a blade remake.

Does it matter? Really? He played the part well, does it matter what he looks like?

Please explain to me why it matters. I'm really trying to understand.

I can't wait to see Jared Leto in the remake of "Shaft"... right?

>I can't tell the difference between the character and the actor's performance

>a couple chapters in the second volume is "the main part of the 7 books"

it matters to a lot of people apparently, just look at the iron fist freakout. but it only matters for certain roles and then it doesn't matter anymore

Tell you fuckin one thing. Never once while reading did I picture a black cockney as Roland.

Why? Race or gender shouldn't be the defining trait of good character.

>leto's shaft has "bitch" tattooed across his forehead
>spends his spare time slapping female cast and crew
>gives everyone deferred child-support payments as end-of-shooting gifts
>claims it was all done to get in character

Idk, he might be able to pull it off.

>It's less to do with sjw pandering and more about making money.
You're an idiot. Iris Elbow isn't even a household name.

Funny, because that's exactly what Idris Elba sounds like.

There's a really weird slightly racist tokenistic movement surrounding him, like he's painted as the only cultured black actor or something. I don't really get it.

I always found him to be boring and not stand out. Not sure why you guys suck his dick so much. I think only white people like him.

Cuck

I like to imagine him fucking my wife.

>this guy is nearly an old age pensioner
he's 5 years younger than Craig

Yes he's great, really talented and hard working too.

Oh wait he's black, in that case I hate him, something something nigger.

I think he's OK. Very overrated because he's a nig tho. Would probably make a shit Bond if you saw that one recent movie of his. He's better at playing characters like Luther that are more more street than the glamorous Bond.

that's really racist of you. we were having a nice thread.

>get me a black actor to play a traditionally white character because he's "cool" or whatever
>say no more famalan

He was great in both of those films though

This.

I can sort of understand casting an actual famous blackwash to draw in a crowd, but normies would not be able to name him from a picture.

Hell, i doubt most people would be able to answer "who is the black guy from Fast and Furious or The Avengers" without answering Samual L. Blackson.

And they are the two most popular franchises of the last 10 years.