What's Sup Forums's favorite Kung Fu movie?

What's Sup Forums's favorite Kung Fu movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=owz45n-QUNQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kung Pow: Enter The Fist

Fist of Legend or Fearless

I think Kung Fu hustle is the quintessential kung fu flick.

that's a lotta nuts

Kung Fu Hustle is god tier

>ip man
>kung fu

>ip man
>Kung
>Fu

>not knowing what "kung fu" means

Okay fine. Martial Arts movie.

Kung Fu is a Chinese term that refers to any general martial art.

Enter the Dragon

There are better martial movies as a whole but that Jackie vs Benny fight is so goddamn good.

The raid 1 and 2. Ip man 1 and 2. Fearless. Spl killzone 1. Hero.

Damn how did i forget that wheels on meals...also legend of the drunken master

Legend of Drunken Master is a legit 11/10

The 36th Chamber of Shaolin

Deff jackies best work

Too bad Jackie didn't use the drunken whore style from Drunken Master.

I don't watch Kung Fu movies because I am not a child. Grow the fuck up and get some taste.

Except it isn't you idiot.

Except it is, retard.

I'm kinda torn between Wheels on Meals or The 36th Chamber of Shaolin.

youtube.com/watch?v=owz45n-QUNQ

Nigger, we have google now. Look it up.

/thread

the matrix))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

>People like something I don't like
>Everyone's opinion is shit except mine
I think you need to grow the fuck up and learn the world doesn't revolve around you.

werd up

gotta throw in there drunken master 2 and that shaw brothers movie about some guy that gets impenetrable skin (think he bathed in some liquid) just to fight this white haired tyrant (guy had to practice on bronze dummy with marbles in it symbolizing pressure points)

any help on that movie.
loved watching it on kung fu theater

unironically, completely seriously, pic related.

you sound like a boring pseud.

i bet you barely read too. boring overcompensating ass.

Ip Man 2. I like the plot a lot more than the others.

God this scene is so good. it has everything, well shot, good choreography, a bit of comedy they comedy also has to do with jackie showing off that he's hurt making the fight look more real, and has my favorite troupe of the hero changing up his fighting style to win.

>and has my favorite troupe of the hero changing up his fighting style to win.
I don't know if he's actually changing his style. He says to himself to treat it as training. Which is kinda odd because he's fighting seriously and he's losing. Usually it's the other way around.

It's also nice to see that they are potraying Benny as the toughest and best fighter throughout the whole movie while being just a hired goon.

The thing I like about the fight is the honor between both of them. Even when Jacky wins he still saves the other character's life.

Also the part where the candles get blown out was real and wasn't staged.

THAT'LL BE FOUR BUCKS BABY, YOU WANT FRIES WITH THAT

Police Story
Druken Master

Fearless.

Legend of Drunken Master

The one where Jackie Chan gets drunk

But he gets drunk in both drunken master movies.

The Grandmaster

Shaolin Soccer is better

>36th chamber of Shaolin
>Project A
>Drunken Master
>enter the dragon
>Ong Bak

Also personal favorite is rumble in the bronx because I my dad loved kung fu flicks and he bought that on vhs back in the day, used to watch the shit out of it

This.
It may be the most obvious pick (thus making it unsexy), but it's the correct one.

No mention of Once Upon In China.

Kung fu vs wuxia. What's better and more entertaining. There can sometimes be a fine line between them with how over the top some kung fu movies go.

Heroes of the East. Shaw Bros, Lau Kar Leung, Gordon Liu, and one of the greatest chopsocky plots of all time as far as excuses to have awesome fights are concerned. It's one of the rare old HK movies where you get to see Japanese styles in action alongside kung fu.

The Lone Wolf and Cub series is pretty great for atmosphere and cool moments, though the actual fight choreography and editing isn't really that impressive if that's what you look for in this kind of film.

If you do want to see some great swordplay choreography, though, try The Blade (Tsui Hark's frenetic remake of the classic One-Armed Swordsman) or John Woo's early wuxia flick Last Hurrah For Chivalry. They both have at least one scene guaranteed to make your jaw drop.

Also, Jet Li is garbage and he uses wires to pull his tiny body around in every single movie he's ever been in even in scenes where it's completely unnecessary. Jet Li could already do amazing things on film, it's annoying that his natural talent was ruined by caricature. Bruce Lee didn't have this problem. Jackie Chan dabbled in this madness but was a lot more circumspect. Jet Li is a standout because he just didn't care about how many wires were poured into every single film he made. Sad.

The most annoying fight scene in Fist of Legend is where Jet Li uses wires to yank his opponents back 5 meters when he devastates them with a punch to the chest. Oh wait, that's every single fight in Fist of Legend. Oh my bad, that's actually every single fight in every single HK movie Jet Li ever made. Respectfully, fuck Jet Li.

SENTIMENTAL SWORDSMAN

Hard Boiled

End of discussion

I've never seen this before but holy shit that was a great fight scene.

These. End of discussion.

>Legend of Drunken Master

The display of dexterity at the end of this short clip always amazed me.

That clip appears to be from Drunken Master II, actually.

i'm with you user it was good, but definitely not my favorite

Drunken Master II is Legend of Drunken Master in the states.

>pitting a genre against its own history

and the Magnificent Butcher. Pretty much most of the shit made by Golden Harvest or the Shaw brother had some good choreography in it.

The wiring was a studio trend, choreographers have had mixed opinions over the years. If there's pressure to use it, you do your best to embrace it.

Drunken Master II and Who Am I are Jackie Chan's best movies.

I would say Police Story and Project A are way better than Who Am I.

Ip man where he's old and dies of cancer. My brother is the Bruce Lee connossieur, and he says fist of fury and enter the dragon are Lee's best.

Huh, huh; Ip man was bruce lee's teacher

Red Wolf

36th chamber of shaolin is the goat

The fight vs Ron Smoorenburg is okay (it's kinda a copy of the Ken Lo fight in DMII) and the clogs scene is funny but generously adding the Crazy Jackie Stuntâ„¢ that's only 20 minutes of decent movie. The rest of that film is really just trash.

Most of Who Am I? is terrible! Why do you like it?

Who Am I has a fun, ludicrous plot, silly acting and brisk pacing such I love. Police Story and Project A might be technically better films, but I'd rather watch Rumble in the Bronx over either of them.

Maybe I just have horrible taste.

Rumble in the Bronx is great.
RIP Anita Mui ;_;

Yeah that's some sad shit.

I grabbed the Blu-ray for $7 a few months ago, great PQ.

Stephen Chow should changed his name to Stephen Kino. Literally every movie he makes is gold.

Wow, it's only $7.88 on Amazon. That's a great deal.

Based Bill Tung is great in this flick. Also, the part where Jackie Spider-Man parkours up a building left me in awe when I first saw it. Might be my favorite stunt.

where can i buy jackies 80s movies subbed? i fucking hate dubs so god damn much

My friends and I used to get drunk and while walking home from the bar I'd scream "UNCOOOOO!!" at the top of my lungs. Surprised nobody called the police.

I used to get them from Tai Seng for $80 a pop

Where did this meme cone from

The One-Armed Swordsman

Hong kong action cinema is a hairsbreadth from pro-wrestling, so when you get a legit guy like Benny the Jet vs a fan favorite it always causes excitement. See also Chuck Norris vs Bruce Lee in Way of the Dragon.

The Blade 1995

Ip man 2008

God I remember being so impressed with Police Story

what about the one he gets opium

downright brutal if you ask me

FROM THE SLUMS OF SHAOLIN

wing chun is derived from kung fu you bitch

This. It's a classic.