About to watch this for the first time. What should I expect?

About to watch this for the first time. What should I expect?

I hope you are watching the Sub because the Dub has some weird as fuck VAs , Scully from X-Files and Billy Bob Thorton, lots of very distracting VA casting

fucking weird out of place VAs if you're watching dubs which you should be unless you're a fucking weeaboo

the correct term is marathon.

>What should I expect?

kino

Great buildup to a lackluster vanilla as fuck ending.

dub was awesome wtf you talking about

preachy environmentalist shit

i enjoyed it.. wasnt terrible

miyazaki and hisaishi's best and most comprehensive work together in my opinion
this is what peak performance looks (and sounds) like

Watch naruto instead faggot

This is true for all the Disney dubs of Ghibli movies.

Thinly veiled environmentalist propaganda, but still a great film overall.

>Disney's dubs of Studio Ghibli movies

Absolutely awful, they're just so jarring. Using big name actors instead of actual voice actors

Overrated Miyazaki

This

Billy Crudup is pretty good, and Bender actually does a really good job despite sounding like Bender.

The dubbed version is fine. Japs can't voice act for shit and it always sounds like you're listening to a JAV soundtrack whenever you watched a subbed anime.

This post is incorrect

you guys are trying to project it onto the modern world. Not only is it a fantasy but it's meant to recall Shinto and Buddhist imagery in a historical setting.
It's not exclusively about mankind fucking up the environment but about mankind growing into hubris and out of harmony as it matures, leaving nature behind.
this is some splendid bait

Entertaining with some great action scenes.

When will weeaboos learn that nobody cares about the sub vs. dub debate?

This shit blew me the fuck away when I first saw it, was probably 12 at the time. God knows how I didn't turn into a weeb with how dope I though it was.

that is systematic to the entirety of this studios films. First 2/3 always better then the last 1/3

>this is some splendid bait

T-thank you user. After all, I was only kidding

Haha

:'(

so you're serious about hating japanese voice acting huh
I'm going to assume it's only because you've ever watched low budget 90s waifu trash that you discovered through osmosis due to date sim rpgs floating around the internet in the early 2000s
there is a lot to be found both earlier and later than that, anime VA is a way of life for a vast majority of extremely talented people in Japan. Guys like Jouji Nakata and Shigeru Chiba are absolute legends in their own right with careers spreading over decades in some cases

Probably my favorite soundtrack, perfect composition with the movie too