When's the Chuck Thompson biopic?
>that scene when the plebs receive the fax

>>like a billion fucking kurt cobain biopics
There is one that is only "based" on him, not actually about him
He has too many documentaries though.
>>chris cornell biopic accounced
I googled and found nothing
What are you talking about?
And why would you want one? Name one music biopic that wasn't shit and very inaccurate.

Unlike Kurt and Chris, there was nothing romantic about the way Layne went out. Hard to glamorize someone rotting in their apartment for a month before anyone gave enough of a fuck to check it out.

>Hard to glamorize someone rotting in their apartment for a month before anyone gave enough of a fuck to check it out
That's way easier to romanticize than Morrison's or Hendrix's deaths, yet they get movies.

Well yeah. Morrison and Hendrix were also "torturted geniuses/voices of their generation" whereas Staley was just a dick who liked hard drugs. Even in his prime, he was still less-regarded than guys like Cobain and Eddie Vedder.

When Cobain died, the world was shocked. When Staley died, they played a couple of Alice In Chains songs on the radio.

Better question: how come soundgarden never got a fucking unplugged session?

Also, AiC>pearl jam>nirvana in terms of unplugged performance

>>chris cornell biopic accounced
I googled and found nothing
What are you talking about?

yep i found nothing but Christian Bale looks good for the role

>Also, AiC>pearl jam>nirvana in terms of unplugged performance
Truth

what did he do? what was his life about?
I like aic, but I can't recall anything memorable from the way staley "lived" his last days

he was just high. thats all I guess

I imagine Staley like that guy in seven where he just constantly took drugs and you thought he was dead but was only kept alive by the drugs.

there's an unedited of AIC where Staley fucks up a lot and the band just helps him on. Got glasses on and everything at least Cobain you could see his eyes.

i think this is it vimeo com/33794322

There's no real story behind the guy, he was just a junkie. Cobain had the whole suicidal martyr and symbol of Gen-X despondency thing going. Cornell was an amazing vocalist and was at the forefront of grunge while also having another successful group in the 2000s. Stayley was talented but he wasn't provocative or influential.

He only wore glasses for the first song or two.

this?
youtu.be/fWmH-Qvjx94

>Chuck Thompson lives his life normally
>doesn't inject heroin
>makes incredibly influential, excellent music which resonates throughout the generations
>matures into the ultimate songwriter
>explores several different American musical styles and masters them all
>no one cares because he isn't a fucking degenerate

>Chuck Thompson

who?

yeah I was trying to remember been awhile i did a vimeo link to full unedited show

>wah, I can't google chuck thompson to inform my response to this thread
If you don't know what I'm talking about you should just fuck off and probably die too.

He's right, you know.

Layne is the best vocalist of the "grunge" era. Cornell is second

just enjoy this youtube.com/watch?v=JMbSq5dDBo8

There's a doco about Chuck Thompson which is pretty good

EEEEYENTOOOOTHA FLOOD AGAAAAAIN

SAME OL TRIP IT WUZ BACK THEEEYEEEEYEEYEEEEEEN

AiC>STP>Nirvana>Soundgarden>Ten>Every other album by Pearl Jam

Layne was too pretty to be played by anyone

>stp and nirvana over soundgarden

that's a paddlin'

>calls someone who made great music and became famous a fucking degenerate for making some really stupid lifestyle choices

tell us about all you've accomplished with your flawless "non-degenerate" life apart from spouting retarded shit on a Vietnamese forum, im sure its quite a list

AiC>Pearl Jam Ten >Coheed and Cambria>Nirvana>Soundgarden>STP>

looks like woody harrelson drank from the fountain of youth

Tool> System of a Down> Deftones> Rage Against the Machine> Nine Inch Nails> Korn> Smashing Pumpkins

I agree with this standing. Are their any other unplugged worth watching?

Uhh I was comparing him to Chuck not myself but I've made over a million dollars

>old fag here
I saw them all back in their primes. Pearl Jam was by far, the best live band. Soundgarden was underwhelming. AiC was pretty fucking great, but had nowhere near the raw energy of Pearl Jam. You had to be there to know. Regardless of your feelings about the music, Pearl Jam was the real fucking deal. They were the shit.

hey brother, ya got some good bands there. Particularly soad, deftones, rage, and pumpkins. AiC and Deftones are prob my top 2 favorite bands. But fuck the new Alice in chains albums, and fuck the first 2 deftones albums. everything else is gold

Who will do a balls to the wall Layne movie already. I like soundgarden and stp=Alice in chains to me but Layne was insane.

SOO I MAYYY A BIG MISTAAAAAYYY

TREEEOH SEEE I WAAAAHHH MAAAHHH WWWAAAAAHHHH

Slayer > Megadeth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anthrax >>>>>>>>>>>>> having syphilis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>metallica

Eddie Vedder only one left alive so they'll do some smash up movie of Seattle bands in the 90's.

>2017
>still listening to meal

youtube.com/watch?v=p620iDmyXdo

first two Deftones are the best I hope you mean the last two

and it will be a shitty travesty. I like those bands, so I dont want any movies done on them. Documentary maybe because who really gives a fuck

Layne Staley and Cobain were the best grunge personalities. Am I wrong? Have I run too far to get home?

Real nigger talk

who /bush/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=pU6KhFWvKPM

>meal

You're gone and should be left alone.

AiC always hits me in the feels, the only grunge band I like. Knowing how much Layne suffered in his years just fucks me up from the inside

youtube.com/watch?v=lBdXLRl2g2E

>implying Jim Morrison died

Too bad the most interesting figure from the era will never get anything cause he's not a fag from Settle.

>chris cornell biopic accounced

What the fuck was so interesting about Chris Cornell?

down in a hole was their best unplugged performance

> Grunge music

I WOULD
>youtube.com/watch?v=Nco_kh8xJDs

Agreed. Layne was easily the most talented of the three. I'll go the extra mile and say Alice in Chains was the best Grunge band, even better than Pearl Jam and Soundgarden.

Then again, I haven't listened to Grunge shit since my teens, so who knows.

>Morrison's death
Nigga please, it's a great death. Supposedly in your bathtub after you shaved, lost the fat and were on track to getting better. But that never came because your heart gave out and your cancer ridden dick was too heavy for you to move.

Korn actually is.

A Dave Grohl biopic would be interesting.

>DUDE I MAKE SHITTY MUSIC ALSO I PLAYED DRUMS FOR NIRVANA LMAOOOO

mtvla.com/ar/pe/mad-season/videos/river-of-deceit-from-rkcndy

Strung the fuck out, but holy shit that voice.

Where was this fag from?

youtube.com/watch?v=YEwNj55uf8c

That's so bizzare. I understand why Nirvana fits this style but Korn? Tbh I don't know if I like it or not. Davis doesn't really have a good singing voice. It's perfectly fine for the type of music Korn plays but not so much a sitting performance. But they nicely softened some of their harsher songs.

>AiC better than Pearl Jam
I love them but whoa there, let's not get ahead of ourselves

what is there to write about ?
he was a junkie in a mediocre band that moved on without him

outside of a behind the music they don't deserve much.

From time to time I remember that Bob Dylan is still alive and can't believe it. He seems like a natural addition to the "legendary musician who died young" club.

>t. user who never did anything with his life and died the was he was born, a nobody
Boy you sure showed Staley

Ten is a perfect album, everything else is hit or miss.

Sid Vicious got his movie and it's almost impossible to find a bigger nobody with almost non-existent legacy (one Sex Pistols song has his bass somewhere in the background oh wow).

>I haven't listened to Grunge shit since my teens
I doubt any self-respecting human being listens to grunge in their 20s or beyond.

You can like the music without living the lifestyle.

DUDE DEPRESSING MUSIC AND HEROIN LMAO

Stone Temple Pilots' was great.

>no john fahey biopic

suddenly I hate hollywood

I suppose you're right. But it takes a lot of the punch from most songs.

I'm not a faggot who cries to Bob Dylan lyrics. I enjoy music for what it is.

That's because Bob Dylan is shit.

Straight edge lifestyle saved so many musician lives.

As much as I'd like there to be one, you probably will never get it for a good reason in that because of how he was near the end.. it's best to remember him by the music.

I have a feeling that the blame lies on Jerry Cantrell. The dude just can't accept the fact that Layne WAS Alice in Chains, and he's been riding on the name ever since. I think he's so egotistical that he felt the band was always his, which is why he still tours with the band and their shitty Lenny Kravitz clone lead singer.

I don't know, I just have a feeling he has something to do with it. That, and the fact that Alice in Chains is probably the least known of those grunge bands. A lot of people still think it's a glam metal band from the 90s.

Perfect music documentary already exists.

this

Ten is a MASTERPIECE, everything else is just eh while with AiC everything is good or better

Jerry gave Layne every chance in the world to get his act together and showed the respect to not replace him or continue the band without him while Layne was still alive.

He waited nearly 13 years before putting out an Alice in Chains album without Staley which i feel is more than enough time to have waited.

Layne WAS the band, just like how Kurt Cobain was Nirvana.

You know the difference? Grohl and Krist didn't have their head so far up their asses that they thought otherwise. Also Grohl had enough talent to make it on his own, with his own talent, without having to rely on the brand name of Nirvana.

Cantrell is just a loser, not talented enough to do his own shit. Always embarrassed by Layne because he knew, even nodding off through a performance, barely able to remember his lines, the man was a superior vocalist and made Alice in Chains what they were.

I can't believe they released a movie that showed what retarded assholes they really are. It's like a real life version of Spinal Tap

>no GG Allin biopic

This is literally edge: the movie waiting to happen

>and fuck the first 2 deftones albums

Eat shit, ATF was gold

Bob Rock did literally nothing wrong

people still wear Sex pistol t-shirts.
not Alice.

>with AiC everything is good or better

They literally had 4 good songs. That's it. Alice In Chains were the biggest posers in that whole scene.

sounds like someone has barely listened to Alice in Chains

Too ugly and irrelevant

It's honestly hilarious. Like the Phantom Menace documentary.

Sounds like a memester who can't argue around it. You like them because they're the least popular of the nameable Seattle bands, notable only because of Staley's nasal vocals. He had no range and JC's guitarwork is completely hit or miss, the latter being more often the case.

They're literally just glamfags who switched to grunge because it was the local scene taking off. Disgusting.

He was 6 foot 1 and died at the weight of 36kgs, worse he was found by his mom.
Life turned to shit because his ex girlfriend died (cutie) of a heart attack while prostituting with her pimp.

Jerry also was a huge part of the band, yes part of their success was Laynes amazing vocals but another part was Jerry's guitar playing. Look at mad season they had Laynes voice but it was missing Cantrells guitar and it didn't feel as good as AiC was with both of them

The Doors

Cantrell is 99% of their sound and was never in a glam band. Dirt is also by far the most timeproof album with the most lasting value out of the entire grunge movement.

Now you are just talking out your arse. Im wearing one right now actually. Le sex pistols shirt is used more by fad by gurls and fags which had only heard one sex pistol songs trying to look kewl.

JC guitarwork is great. Layne range was just as not that big as Kurt's range and many others. The harmonized vocals of that kind weren't find in any other grunge band.
i feel you are just baiting. JC voice was great for complementing Layne's. Also, he did the music of AiC, which is way more than what the dude mong and the lanklet of Nirvana had ever done in Nirvana.

Cornell Staley and Weiland are tied for me but I like STP and AIC more than soundgarden