So, did the post-credits scene imply that he's alive? How? and Why?

So, did the post-credits scene imply that he's alive? How? and Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Deg7VrpHbM
youtube.com/watch?v=lTUZshWf7QI
youtube.com/watch?v=Vp1rS_UAvjs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

plot hole.
>writers be like: we'll figure it out in the next film

Money, and more money.

It showed his body in the big tentacles of some Cthulhu thing and then his eyes open up

Why is he still cursed if all the curses are broken?

stop giving the theater jew money. Especially on garbage like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=9Deg7VrpHbM

The third movie rendered death pointless. All you need are a few of your bros to turn a ship upside down when the sun sets and they'll come and get you.

Maybe Barbossa is the new Davy Jones?

Pirates 1 is the only half decent film in the whole franchise

Probably some shitty retcon reason like THE FLYING DUTCHMAN MUST ALWAYS HAVE A CAPTAIN

He willingly volunteered to captain the ship for the sea goddess that looked like Rihanna. Probably some lampshade explanation that while she lied and betrayed him, it's not technically a curse

You can just tell that Jewy Bruckheimer is setting up for another trilogy. I predict the trilogy will end with AYYYLMAO pirates who sail through the sky being behind everything. That poseidon trident looks like some cthulhu technology.

Then the feminist atheist character will be redeemed.
>SEE I TOLD U IT WASNT MAGIC

There must always be a ferryman.

2 was pretty good desu. loved the whole davy jones thing in 2 it worked great

I remember being absolutely amazed at how good his CGI was in POTC2. Does it actually hold up? Not seen in in years

youtube.com/watch?v=lTUZshWf7QI
youtube.com/watch?v=Vp1rS_UAvjs

Still holds up

It still looks just as amazing as it did back then. The worst it looks is in bright natural light, but even then it looks great and it's not exactly a fair comparison because basically no other movie has the balls to show what they got like that without Zack Snyder tier color grading.

Aand the natural light, still great in my opinion.

That gets you out of the locker. If you have a ship. Not into it.

And that wasn't the afterlife. That was basically purgatory. Not every dead person goes there. Jack did because Davy Jones hated him

It's distractingly fantastic. I put too much attention into following what each of the little tentacles are doing, I can barely follow what's actually happening

Is a POTC 1-4 rewatch following with watching the 5th in theatres in order? im about to take finals this week so i have a whole week to blow before im kicked out of the dorms

Man, this fucking movie, you could literally see when the writers wrote themselves into a corner and just made shit up to get away with it.

> "But how can Salazar fight Sparrow if Sparrow is on dry land?"
> "We'll have him possess Turner."
> "....we haven't mentioned possession the entire movie. Can they even do that?"
> "They can now."

I'm pretty sure Will Turner's inclusion in the movie was uncertain early on and required rewrites when Orlando Bloom finally agreed, similar to Spider-Man in Civil War.

When will this meme end? Just look at that hammerhead guy and his fucking play station tier look.

also why has no one mentioned the fact that giving away the compass releases Salazar now, even though it's been given away in the past?

Also Jack would never give up the compass as freely as he did in DMTNT. It was all to serve that massive plot hole.

it's a disney film you mug, they're supposed to look a bit goofy at least. Also they would have put most of their effort into making Jones look great since he's on screen the most apart from maybe Bootstrap.

They never really explained why Salazar's crew stayed alive as ghosts rather than just, ya know, dying.

Also why a ship would fucking explode after running into some rocks.

I can give that a decent explanation at least, the same happened when Salazar rammed Faramir's ship. Lot's of explosives on board wouldn't take too kindly to the ramming!

As for them being alive they keep calling that place the Devil's Circle so it's obviously some kind of cursed place. Although there are a lot of shipwrecks there so you'd expect there to be hundreds of ghost crews!

I never watched POTC 4 and I never will.

It's universally regarded as phoned-in cash-grab trash

>arguing over "lore" in brainless disney movie series for children

>Why is Jack Sparrow sword fighting with Salazar?
>Isn't Salazar a ghost? Wouldn't Jack's sword just pass through him?

Since the maelstrom he fell into at the end of At World's end was of Calypso's making, it's not outside the realms of possibility that she kept him alive in some sort of Purgatory state or even the Locker itself as a sort of ironic punishment for showing the pirate lords how to imprison her.

I'm so goddamn mad about Pirates 5. Even Pirates 4 was fun even though it was less enjoyable than the first 2-3 movies.

Shoehorned family drama, Jack Sparrow being a real idiot with luck instead of an excentric, weird but clever man. CGI-fuckfest (young Jack Sparrow comes to mind) and the story that wants to do everything and go everywhere but ultimately doesn't do shit and plotholes out of the ass.

God fucking damn, I'm mad.

sorry fun police, no need to get hot headed, no trouble here

>but still the best boy will never be brought back
IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR!!

I liked 4. Self contained and no Will.

he's back?

does this series have any original ideas? they dig up dead characters like it's nothing

>I don't like so it's reddit
when will this meme end?

How is Davy Jones back when
>all curses are lifted
>he got his heart stabbed
>he fell into a whirlpool
>no one likes him enough to bring him back

And why the fuck did they kill off Barbossa again? Most people agree he's the best character and Rush is the only guy who looks like he's having fun in these movies.

A lot of plot holes can probably be fixed by saying a witch did it.

I haven't watched 5 yet but there was a witch in the trailers. Was she as bad as the previous one played by Harris?

>CGI-fuckfest (young Jack Sparrow comes to mind)

of all the things to be mad about, this is retarded. it was a flashback, why are you mad they showed a young jack in a flashback?

Because they realized that it's been 5 movies and they forgot to give him a character arc

i saw someone suggest a total asspull where going through the whirlpool transported him to a place not subject to the tridents power, so his curse was never lifted. seems like something they would try to do to explain away issues

I shit you not, every time I see this guy I get a mad craving for fried calamari.

She's only in the movie for two scenes, and is okay, I guess. As far as I can tell she's literally a magical plot device written into the movie to get Barbossa to join up with the other characters, because otherwise he'd just be wandering around the ocean looking for them.

I assumed pirates 6 would be about bringing him back.

the Locker would probably work for that theory.

Because young Jack was basically a cgi'd young Johnny Depp that look rather horrible. You just knew it was fake when something like that has been done better.

>Pirates 2 brings Barbossa back
>Pirates 3 brings Jack back
>Pirates 5 brings Davy Jones back
>Pirates 6 brings Barbossa back again
Who the fuck is next, Pintel and Ragetti?

looked better than Leia.

alright, plot hole solved

theres another 500 million for disney

Will Turner, Jack, Barbossa, Davy Jones, Blackbeard, and Salazar all come back to engage in a six-way royal rumble at sea.

Pirates ain't no movie for children, they are movie made for adults with some deep redpilled message

(OP) #
The chick in this movie was hot as fuck.

>Dem titties busting out of her dress in damn near every scene, especially ones where she's breathing super heavy

I wouldn't mind a POTC Battle Royale with all those characters and the Pirate Lords who did nothing in the third movie.

That pirate lord hierarchy really goes against the pirate aesthetic.

>Pirates 5 underperforms at the box office but still does well enough to greenlight another sequel
>Gore Verbinski signs on to direct two-parter
>fans excited
>Pirates of the Caribbean 6: Walkin' The Plank Part 1 comes out
>oops, it's shit too