Blood Meridian

Since most of Sup Forums seems to love Blood Meridian and people have been trying to make it for years, what would you like a Blood Meridian film to be like if it HAD to be made?

Any director/actors/cinematographer/composer/whatever you have in mind? Any similar movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

nautil.us/issue/47/consciousness/the-kekul-problem
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

id like it to have the same kind of atmosphere that There Will Be Blood emanated

Director: Christopher Nolan
Actors: Aidan Gillen as whoever the fuck the main character is (I've never read the book, only shit-posted about it on /lit/) and Tom Hardy as the Judge or whatever
Composer: Hans Zimmer

Michael Cera as The Kid.

This.

Idris Elba as the Judge

I never understand why so many people cast the kid, who is literally a kid, as an adult here.

It shouldnt be made- if it had to, Malick directing w/ D'Onofrio Judge and long stretches of silence/narration as only he could make as interesting.

>PG-13
>bland action
>horrible dialogues

The most striking part bout this book is the imagery. I love the stark picture of lightning illuminating a dark landscape and feeling transported into this hellish mirror of the deserts I know. I feel like reflecting the imagery of the text would be the most important element if they really wanted to do it justice.

Vincent Dinofrio as the Judge

Nicolas Refn as director.

Dunno who would play the kid, as child actors are universially shit.

The Judge should be prime Marlon Brando.
As that's now impossible, we'll have to settle for Willem Dafoe.

I hope to god I die before someone makes this movie.

Why?

Is it because they would fuck it up?

it's impossible to do in my eyes.

if you consider the adaptation of apocalypse now from hearts of darkness, you might be able to make a new film based off the same premise. not updating it to modern times, but building off the framework. but even then, the beats of the story are just about the most uninteresting thing about it.

the pages of prose with zero dialogue are the real draw of the book to me.

As I've said before to deaf faggot ears on here, if this is good then Trey Edward Shultz will be /ourguy/ to direct

Just how bad are these?

>Since most of Sup Forums seems to love Blood Meridian

this fact has caused me to reevaluate the novel and I've come to the conclusion that it is in fact shit.

>ppl are tru monstaz meme
no, thanks

Sup Forums doesn't read, They're just basing their opinion on its Wikipedia page.

>Trey Edward Shultz
Handheld steadicam Malick and Kubrick shining zoom ripoff. No thanks. Trey's descent but still a hack. He's not intelligent by any standard.

Not quite as bad as Child of God.

You are faggots who will never enjoy anything in life. I have a film degree and highly patrician taste, I think I know true talent when I see it

Something tells me you're either treys friend or cousin. Krisha and it comes at night are ok but blood meridian is a great novel and he shouldnt be directing it. Trey is an ok director deal with it.

Nah I don't know him at all, just watched the trailer for "It" then watched Krisha like 2 weeks ago. You're judging his talent based on a microbudget drama which got rave reviews and a great-looking trailer which is being hailed as a horror masterpiece from the advance reviews.

And unless you were at that Overlook Festival or whatever, you haven't seen It Comes at night and are a liar.

ah, blood meridian, monsieur that novel is the sark and chaparral of literature, the filament whereon rode the remuda of highbrow, corraled out of some destitute hacienda upon the arroya, quirting and splurting with main and with pyrolatrous coagulate of lobated grandiloquence. our eyes rode over the pages, monsieur, of that slatribed azotea like argonauts of suttee, juzgados of swole, bights and systoles of walleyed and tyrolean and carbolic and tectite and scurvid and querent and creosote and scapular malpais and shellalagh. we scalped, monsieur, the gantlet of its esker and led our naked bodies into the rebozos of its mennonite and siliceous fauna, wallowing in the jasper and the carnelian like archimandrites, teamsters, combers of cassinette scoria, centroids of holothurian chancre, with pizzles of enfiladed indigo panic grass in the saltbush of our vigas, true commodores of the written page, rebuses, monsieur, we were the mygale spiders too and the devonian and debouched pulque that settled on the frizzen studebakers, listening the wolves howling in the desert while we saw the judge rise out of a thicket of corbelled arches, whinstone, cairn, cholla, lemurs, femurs, leantos, moonblanched nacre, uncottered fistulas of groaning osnaburg and kelp, isomers of fluepipe and halms awap of griddle, guisado, pelancillo.

/lit/ please leave this place and go jerk off shirtless pics to that Jap manlet who sudokku'd himself

DDL as the Judge

Christ, is that you Cormac?

>Not jerking off to Mishima

It's like you don't even watch films

Cormac McCarthy published his first non fiction work, an essay on the unconscious, and it's a doozy:
nautil.us/issue/47/consciousness/the-kekul-problem

>An aficionado on subjects ranging from the history of mathematics, philosophical arguments relating to the status of quantum mechanics as a causal theory, comparative evidence bearing on non-human intelligence, and the nature of the conscious and unconscious mind.

He is the Judge

Coens maybe

I really wonder what young Cormac was like. I just can't imagine him being anything other than what he is.

ew

Engineer from Prometheus as The Judge

my dick as the kid

Hahahahah nice one!

Probably have Roger Deakins do cinematography and Fukanaga or Villenueve direct.