Just saw pic related. Almost cried at the end. did you?

Just saw pic related. Almost cried at the end. did you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zuDtACzKGRs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Everybody posts The Master and Commander as a "women will never understand" film, but this is truly a film a female can't process or comprehend.

Fucking Roller Coaster of emotions, and pure submarine-kino I cried like a little bitch

I'm a woman and Das Boot is one of my favorite movies.

I don't actually get those threads aside from shitposting.

Nigga have you ever been on a submarine? Have you ever hunted British convoys in the North Atlantic? Have you ever been in an iron coffin 300 feet below the ocean surface while gigantic drums full of explosives are creating vaccuums in the water that will eventually rip your body to shreds and send your pulverized remains to Neptune's fucking locker?

If you say that, for some reason, a female can't understand 'Das Boot', your and my faggot asses can't either.

>When you realize their mission would have been a sucess without the hindrance of british-occupied gibraltar in their path

Why the FUCK didn't Franco just oust the british from gibraltar and give that base to the kriegsmarine instead? Both the battle of the atlantic and Rommel's campaign would have been a sucees by then and britain would have been knocked out of the war by 1942. Same thing with fucking finland, romania, hungary and italy who all changed sides and betrayed Germany in the end. Save for Japan of course

With ""allies"" like those you truly do not need enemies

You know Das Boot is an anti-war film, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=zuDtACzKGRs

'cuz Germany's interests were of little concern to Franco.

as a man it is possible that you could though. It would never happen with owmen u dummi. Wimyn are coddeled by society and will never have to fight so its impossible for them to empathize.

time to stop posting

>as a man it is possible that you could though
>being this delusional
The events and circumstances of the film 'Das Boot' will never happen to you or me. If a Martian landed on Earth with no exposure to human history or culture, and the first thing he did was watch 'Das Boot', he would have almost exactly as much empathic connection with a fucking WWII-era U-Boat crew as you or I do.

I know it gets your dick hard to think that you have this special power within your dick that will let you hop in to a Type VII U-Boat and start sinking supply convoys, but let me clear it up for you: the movie isn't real. You're not in a U-Boat. You're on your couch, in your living room.

triggered bitch detected.

tits or gtfo

I started watching it sometime, then I got depressed watching it so I stopped watching it and ever since I hate it.

I've only seen the two hour version, is the miniseries or extended version worth looking at?

Is it wrong to be triggered when the only standardbearers left for 'Das Boot' are autistic Wehraboos who are so trapped within childhood that they think they are *in* the film rather than viewing it?

show me your little roastie

This movie had me at the edge.
The first hour almost made me think the hype wass bullshit, but then i completly lost myself in the next 2/3 of the movie.

You do realise that the germany was fucked right from the start right? It lost in 1933. It never could afford the war. They could never win. Sadly they wnt for it and made 20M lose their lives

You don't have to experience the exact situation to empatize and relate to it you absolute turboautist.
You can relate with Luke Skywalker in ANH, and you don't have to be a a piss poor farmer who lives in a galaxy far far away to be able to relate to him.

Das Boot is about respect, brotherhood and isolation and all of those themes and concepts are pretty alien to females, while men can fairly easily relate to it.

>ask him to peek out from his internal fantasy of being a big man under the sea
>I must be a woman

You talk a lot about dicks... baby

Das Boot is available in three lengths. Which one did you watch? You should watch both 'The Boat' and the short version of 'Das Boot' one after the other. The dialogue for the English dubbing of Das Boot was written by a German screenwriter and performed by English speaking German actors. The dialogue for the English dubbing of The Boat was written by an American screenwriter and performed by American actors.

The acting is heavily underappreciated in it.
It's basically just a couple of men in a studio pretending to be 300 feet below while looking around and being quiet. And it absolutely works, you believe every second of it.
Sound design is god tier too.

Just watch the original Directors Cut with subtitles, no fucking degenerate english dubbing please

Because the Allies would have steamrolled into Spain, a country still trying to recover from a catastrophic civil war. Franco was an ass, but he wasn't stupid enough to jump right back into a war.

>Das Boot is about respect, brotherhood and isolation
Dawg I bet you start breathing heavily during the part in 'Gladiator' when Russell Crowe says "What we do echoes in eternity".

I don't mean to take away everything you have, but there are no themes in 'Das Boot' which a female hasn't already absorbed, examined, and appreciated at least one thousand times more capably than that noodle in your Mongoloid bone bowl has. I honestly feel bad for you.

Is that the one that is app.300 minutes long?

no, it's about 3 and a half hours long, the most popular and approved version

>miniseries
There's a fucking miniseries?

First you say no one can understand those concepts shown in the film, not you or me.
Now you say that every female completely understands it, make up your mind.

Also I'm pretty sure those concepts (especially isolation, for obvious biological reasons) are pretty alien to women.
Find me a female who likes/enjoy/appreciates films like The Man Who Sleeps, The Conversation, Wake in Fright, The Hill, The Wages of Fear

why? fucking nazis had it coming.

I did cry a little

Definitely. Binge watch all four versions. Drive your old lady crazier.

it's the 5 hour version

transwomen don't count. You were a man once so that's why you understand.

Watched 3,5 hours one. German audio, English subtitles as it should be. I get that dubs could be good, but I prefer original sound and emotions actors deliver.

I agree. The main reason to watch The Boat and the short Das Boot is the visuals are edited the same. The dubbed dialogue is different, and some of the supporting characters have different personalities in the two movies. The English speaking German actors speak with a variety of very convincing German accents. The American actors all have very convincing American accents.

>comprehending this little from the film

christ

post yfw
>NOT YET KAMERADEN, NOT YET