Name a better movie

Name a better movie

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xO60RohuARY
youtube.com/watch?v=HR10bEV9uJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=yhw_UG7gl8k&list=PL446B7FBDC4E946AC&index=10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Can't do it. It's still Spielberg's best.

Exorcist

there are none

This fucking scene still freaks me out.

show a better poster you can't do that either

Piranha 3DD (unless you're some kind of homo)

There really isn't one, shame it got beat for nearly every Oscar by the godfather part 2

John Wick
John Wick 2
Drive

it wasnt even nominated for anything though iirc

fuckin nuts

The shark they built looks a bit silly now especially some of the scenes on the orca but that scene it looks terrifying

It won for best editing I believe.

It was nominated I think, but the only Oscar it won was for the soundtrack, still the best I've ever heard to this day

Godfather part 2 was released one year before.
It lost to One flew over the cuckoo's nest (though it only got 4 nominations anyway)

I heard the only reason they didn't show the shark more was because it wasn't finished till they already shot 2/3rds of the movie, why they used barrels and that end of a pier to show where the shark was, if the shark had been ready this movie would feel a lot more dated

The Terminator

The shark broke when they put it in the salt water

I thought it was released before but still after the previous Oscars I could be wrong but I know jaws didn't dominate the Oscars because another movie beat it narrowly for everything

Partially right. The shark was finished but was only tested on dry land in California before shipping it off to Martha's Vineyard. The sea water really did a number on the electronics.

Cool probably a good thing seeing more of the shark would have spoilt this classic and made it forgettable

What is some more Roy Schneider kino?

>thinking rotten tomatoes means anything

Definitely. Those yellow barrels pretty much saved the movie.

Alien
Aliens
Mad max 2
Empire strikes back
I do think jaws might be better than these but its a tough decision

jaws 2

Checked
The relentlessness of them and the strain it cause the three of them is what made this so spectacular
>just finished watching this an hour ago

Or jaws the revenge, making the shark roar like a lion, just pure fucking genius

youtube.com/watch?v=xO60RohuARY

John Carpenter's The Thing

Saw it on it's first run inn theater. Quite the line to get in even on the 4th week of release. The jump scare was pretty terrifying to 13 year old me at the time. And the paranoia it caused with people being afraid to swim in the ocean lasted all summer.

The GOAT scene

Pretty jealous, user. Wish I had been old enough to experience Jaws and Star Wars when they were brand new and predictable summer blockbusters weren't yet a thing.

I can't imagine anyone else but Robert Shaw in that role. Easily one of the greatest hard drinking, tough guy actors of all time.

Sorcerer
All That Jazz
Klute
Blue Thunder

Yeah. i saw all the 70's and 80's kino in the theaters first runs. Star Wars Trilogy, Wraith of Kahn (well every Trek for that matter) Conan the Barbarian. King Kong (World Trade Center) all the Jurassic's. ECT.

Poultrygeist.

It always bothered me how unrealistically large the cover shark for Jaws was

It's not a fucking megalodon

The Seven-Ups

We knew surprisingly little about sharks back in the 70s. Back then I guess a 25 foot great white seemed feasible.

That is the same cover as the book. Although the movie isn't true to the book.

for scale

Damn. Raiders of the Lost Ark must have been a blast to see in theaters.

HOOPAH

approximate size

YES..IT WAS!! Along with Close Encounters of Third Kind, Poltergeist, and Alien

>tfw we'll never get a megalodon movie that's actually good

thank GOD jesus christ it would have ruined the movie

the lack of the shark = more for the imagination = more suspense

you can buy megalodon teeth online

That said, this image from a failed attempt at filming the Alex Kintner attack is fucking nightmare fuel.

I was pretty obsessed with the movie and fell for th hype. Had a fake great white tooth necklace i wore, A great white poster on my bedroom wall, And i bought and read the "The Making of JAWS: book. This was also playing on the radio at the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=HR10bEV9uJQ

And i bought the 45 and still have it.

Kek. Thanks for sharing this.

GOTCHA!!

you're welcome.

raiders of the lost ark

GOAT tier adventure movie soundtrack as well.
youtube.com/watch?v=yhw_UG7gl8k&list=PL446B7FBDC4E946AC&index=10

>solid 7's across the board

maybe a little generous but pretty accurate. only retards who read the percentages get triggered by RT scores.

great white's regularly grow to 20 feet

Jews

No, that is there maximum though. Largest one recorded was maybe 21 or 22 feet. Most in the ocean seem to be between 14 and 18 feet. It's very rare to see one around 20feet nowadays. Was once more common before over fishing on the population.

Jaws probably didn't help with every yazoo wanting to go out sport fishing for a big great white even though they're not considered very challenging sport fish.

This. A 25 footer like the one in Jaws has never been caught/reliably measured.

Which is why they put a little person in a miniature shark cage to upscale the much smaller Australian sharks in the parts where they used actual shark footage from Ron and Valerie Taylor.

That midget almost died when the shark got tangled in the cables suspending the cage

Bullshit. They aren't super common but 20ft is a size of a big great white.

fight club

Ratatoing

That's what he said user. He's right though. 14-16 feet is the average size when they're accurately reported.

Is it possible for a Megalodon to still exist? The ocean's an extremely large place

that was easy