Cloud Atlas was criminally underrated

Cloud Atlas was criminally underrated

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_cycle_of_the_universe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Movies made by the mentally ill, absolutely disgusting.

The Wachowski Sisters are two of the best filmmakers of this generation

It's so embarrassing that the left one did it too to fit in

>friends want to watch a movie
>they bring up cloud atlas
>tell them it's pretty shit and they really shouldn't bother
>they are adament about watching it
>get 20 minutes in
>they turn it off
>mfw

yeah I feel like this one of those movies that just got fucked by the first few reviewers saying it was underwhelming and everyone else basing their opinion off them. I think people were expecting the storylines to weave together more but that's not really what it's about; it's about little moments pushing together for big change. It's not a masterpiece or anything but it's a great adaptation of the book and has a good story.

Its a masterpiece. I think people legit dont get it.

No it wasn't they even made the composer gay for some reason, fuck those fgts

I love it. I watched it twice in one week.

>great adaptation
No it fucking isn't they changed or just cut most of the story to push an agenda

Great movie, literally only low IQ scum don't like it

WE WUZ & FAGS the movie.
Nah it was shit, the only two good stories were Timothy Cavendish Escapes From the Nursing Home & Sonmi-451.

>I let my politics get in the way of interesting ideas
Pleb.

the book had interesting ideas, the movie was just gay shit sometimes literally, I'll give them the cavendish bit though that was almost identical to the book and I liked it

>>I let my politics get in the way of interesting ideas
Nah you stupid cunt, even if I don't like niggers and gay, Timothy Cavendish Escapes From the Nursing Home & Sonmi-451 were the only good stories in that shit of a movie, you are the pleb for liken all that pile of shit.

Kill yourself dumbass. You clearly don't like the other scenes for Sup Forums reasons and that makes you a massive fucking retard.

This movie was basically a really long trailer for the book. I don't see how someone who hadn't read the book could understand the movie.

Another low IQ pleb. What isn't there to understand about the movie fuckface??

not him but you really have no idea what the fuck your talking about, the composer bit for instance in the book he falls in love and becomes completely becomes obsessed with the old guys daughter and thinks she's being forced into a loveless marriage and tries to 'rescue' her, turns out she just thought of the MC as a freind and really likes the guys shes going out with, its a good story the MC gets completely rekted though his own self-centered bullshit, in the movie? nah he's just a fag. Just one example, they changed the story to fit their agenda

Am I my brother's penis?

I understood everything, because I read the book.

Do you even know what a book is?

>You clearly don't like the other scenes for Sup Forums reasons and that makes you a massive fucking retard.
Hahaha being this mad, not my fault you are a pleb, even user told you so.

Kek, I think you are the low IQ pleb here user, stop getting so mad about a movie and the opinions of others kid.

This movie was fuckin gay yo

DUDE BOOKS LMAO

This is a film board.

your butthurt is palpable little pleb, stop posting

I didn't read the book.
But I am very familiar with Buddhism, so I understood this movie just fine.

They just updated the social contentions to be relevant to modern politics.

The book had the same ideas and the main message of "we are one soul reincarnated across time" is still the same if the characters are gay, black or whatever you happen to not like.

Its completely antithetical to racism and homophobia on a more basic level so I really wonder what "interesting ideas" you thought there were.

Do people really project this hard?

Get the fuck out of my board, Sup Forums trash

project? huh? I really like the book one of my favorites, this movie seemed like they read the cliff notes and then decided to make some gay shit instead, i've given examples of how it differs, another thing their isn't 'two souls' in the book its one guy dealing with his fucked up karma from previous lives thats what its about karma, not anti-racisit or anything like that, its about the consequences of the decisions we make

HEHEHEHE this fag, you have to be +18 to post here Kiddo.
It's ok little pleb, you will grow up some day to have some good taste.

AHAHAHAHAH what a retarded faggot

lol, weekend poster? just stop kiddo no-ones your Sup Forums boogie man ITT, this is Sup Forums we know the difference between a good film and a bad one, go away

>updated
>book released 2004
ok so they completely changed the entire theme of the book because it was 9 years later? yea bullshit

Sup Forums loves Cloud Atlas. Kill yourself

no retard we think its shit, reading comprehension look into it

What a tryhard

k

Reddit in one post

k

>another thing their isn't 'two souls' in the book its one guy dealing with his fucked up karma from previous lives thats what its about karma, not anti-racisit or anything like that, its about the consequences of the decisions we make

thats why i said "one soul" its saying your decisions have consequences to others and that harming others is spiritually the same as harming yourself because

>we are one soul reincarnated across time

which pretty much excludes hating people for being gay

the title is literally a play on "atlas shrugged" saying that its not great men that hold up the world but a collective of small men with their innumerable individual commitments to the common good. It shows over and over again how bigoted individualistic philosophy is a cancer to mankind.

>Mitchell has said of the book:

>Literally all of the main characters, except one, are reincarnations of the same soul in different bodies throughout the novel identified by a birthmark...that's just a symbol really of the universality of human nature. The title itself "Cloud Atlas," the cloud refers to the ever changing manifestations of the Atlas, which is the fixed human nature which is always thus and ever shall be. So the book's theme is predacity, the way individuals prey on individuals, groups on groups, nations on nations, tribes on tribes. So I just take this theme and in a sense reincarnate that theme in another context...[

>all the butthurt in this thread
This is the true power of the Wachowski Sisters.

KEK, salty as fuck kid, calm your tits pleb.

You're clearly 15 years old and salty as fuck someone called you out on your pol bullshit

Agreed

if you liked this you are cancer

t. pleb

so you agree? how does this relate to the film? making it 'two souls intwied' or some bullshit was just that bullshit, its one guy with a meteor birthmark and his various lives across the centuries, the composer story pisses me off because they completely missed the point of it, also missed the point of the scientist the first story with the explorer, the slooshing, most of sommi even though they spent more time on that then any of them, in fact the only one they got right theme wise was the old-folks home, if you've read the book you'd know this. Even people that haven't seem to pick up on the fact that the cavendish story is the only one that really makes sense, because its the only one they did right

>Dude reincarnation lmao

Nah we love it bro. "Our lives are not our own..."

100% salt

Exactly

i'm Sup Forums your a weekend tourist, its shit

k.

this is true, I still bet if they were drunk I could get them to admit they were pushing an agenda and intentionally changed the story to match

I'm a Gemini

so original so bold, do you ever post any original thought or do you just copy everyone else? its pretty lame salty bro

>that one Cloud Atlas Defender ITT
wew

What time is the next tour govNAH?

next weekend or school holidays I suppose, you tell me

So was this movie

nah that was pure fucking kino
>gun barks when fired

>amazing, colourful visuals
>great CGI
>unique story and characters
I hope that a sequel get's made.

Sisters?

I don't agree that its "WE WUZ FAGS" or "gay shit sometimes"

I think the gay theme goes with the social themes that both the book and the film address. I think the book is more general and the movie was a little "hot topic 2k12" but i dont think that ruins the underlying story. If anything it makes it more relatable for normies by changing historical social contentions that the book explored to modern ones.

By projecting I meant that some people could read

>In the Book: Horrox is the preacher on a remote island where the Prophetess lands. Once Captain Molyneux and his crew arrive, Horrox shares his theory that certain races were created in a hierarchy in which the white man is naturally the leader of all.

and believe the author reinforces their own racist views. I find that rather astounding.

no Lana sorry hun that was sarcasm, I did really like the barking gun tho, quick question what was with that bizzaro cut in the doctors office? really that was the weirdest bit of editing i've ever seen, also new Van Damnn sucks btw

why did they change the compser story then? they still have their gay bit, but they undercut his whole character by excluding the daughter, ya know the main part of his story

They should have followed the book. The scenes would have made more sense.

There's no point arguing with the low IQ anti cloud atlas fags ITT, they're beyond saving

maybe cause theyre gay lol

you don't really have anything to contribute do you? just want to sperg about how you liked this peice of shit with nothing to back it up, at least this user has an opinion, all you can do is spam Sup Forums!!! really stop posting you have nothing to add.

Wachowski kino

yea so they completely castrated the story cause they as directors are gay and castrated bravo lana bravo

well i think the book kind of supports their political agenda from a stronger base. Its not about being gay its about minority rights in general ie: treat others as you want to be treated.

I don't see how gay directors making some of the sub-plots about about how you should treat gays the same way you want to be treated "castrated the story" when the story is about how different people being connected through time and space by love is a moral basis for treating others with kindness.

>connected through space and time
its not for fucks sake its one guy, not two that more then anything is the overlying problem with it

Frobisher is a sociopath, a really interesting one, they turned what was one of the best stories into some nonsensical idk what the fuck was even the point of it in the movie?

>its dr who!

please

kinda yea, its about one guy being reincarnated throughout history dealing with the spiritual karma accumulated over the millennia, that's the story, making it into some, two souls destined to always be together or some shit completely undermines the point the book was trying to make

That movie was criminally shitty. Just like Sense8. One of the worst fucking movies I have ever seen at a theater. I'm not even going to bother telling y'all niggas why. If you really think this is "Kino", you should really blow your fucking brains out.

Each story should've been a single movie, they crammed far too much shit into one film.

it was a psyop done to them as punishment for the matrix redpilling people

andy just held out longer

what andy call himself now anyway? anna?
>look it up
lily, wtf? at least larry's one makes sense, poor andy always second place

I don't get anything reading about two souls destined to be together

i didn't really take one guy to mean like literally one supernatural person because you can just as easily have them be connected by practical consequences. It sorta seemed like the film was showing how, for example, chattel slavery, mental institutions, and corporate service are materially and financially generated by people who subscribe to the same individualist dogma both directly(historically) and spiritually(karmacally) in the very basic sense that you benefit from living in a healthy community rather then profiting at its expense.

But if we're going the magical route then either they are like some vampire that keeps its memories and changes outfits or they are materially different and one soul which makes the different material bodies and lives *connected* through spirit.

I think there is some influence from eastern mysticism at play with the Wachowskis so I believe that they are saying that we are all aspects(avatars) of the God Vishnu and that behind the eyes of the many faces in the world are your own eyes so you should treat them as such. But I think the film is trying to demonstrate this to be materialistically(and historically) plausible with archetypes instead of religious imagery.

There's nothing to get you fucking mongoloid. Watch better cinema

or at least edit it so it was one story after another

the jumping around was annoying as fuck desu

no,it was pretentious garbage for pseudo spiritual moms and it sucked ass

>thinking cloud atlas is deep or hard to understand
are you people mentally retarded?watch literally anything made by tarkovsky,lynch or von trier

even edgy teen Sup Forumsfags are smarter than retards that think there is anything difficult about cloud atlas,you might as well go around saying "bravo nolan" unironically

>one supernatural person
no of course not we just followed his story the implication that everyone was going from one life to the next was their but the story is about one guy, and thats important because if you make it two it becomes some kinda weird love story which it really wasn't

it was supposed to have a cycle of life theme
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_cycle_of_the_universe

if you get distracted trying to follow multiple life-story lines maybe its because you should be focusing on the plot connection between the lives. maybe you are overlooking the underlying socio-political-economic positions the characters share across time and the implications of that.

It is really simple and classic matrix stuff.

Everything has been the same oppression throughout known history and the chosen one brings about the final revolution.

Except instead of being from a reductionist western anglo-christian mythology its based on holistic eastern asian-hindu mythology.

They both tell the same thematic story of mankind transcending its creators, will to power, and the human condition.

lana pls, don't you have an axewound to go dilate

maybe they want you to love yourself user

a reminder to treat yourself the way a god who loves himself and all his creations would with gay sex

ok, the book was much better in bringing across that idea, the movie was confused shit

I can't hate sense8 I really should but most of the characters are so damn likeable, apart from the tranny she/he's shit

It's a huge mess. But at least the Wachowskis were able to embezzle enough money from this and Jupiter Ascending to buy shiny new vaginas.