RLM was right

There's no reason for the chestburster in Covenant to be fully formed instead of a snake dildo thing like in the original.

Scott just wanted it to do that arm-spreading thing with David so he could have his meme scene.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aVZUVeMtYXc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>RLM was right

form your own opinion lil buddy.

They aren't the same. The xeno in alien is THE ultimate form.

This comes with the price of a very vulnerable starting stage. The chest buster in covenant is fully formed yes but it's not nearly as strong smart or resilient as the xeno in alien

I just want to know why it was dancing for david. That part just looked goofy.

>not as good as the xeno in Alien
>clearly faster, more agile and more aggressive

My opinion is that rlm was right

I hope Scott didn't think he was fooling anyone when Walter was actually David because it was ducking obvious

If anything the chestburster is a better form to start with, it pops out and the GTFOs to go and grow somewhere else instead of being just a mini version that has to figure out how to move about and is less mobile to start with.

>HEY DUDE I USED A KILLER VIRUS TO MAKE ALL KINDS OF ABOMINATIONS NOW LOOK AT THIS ALIEN EGG THING, YEAH IT IS SAFE JUST IGNORE HOW IT REACTED TO YOUR TOUCH BY OPENING IT IS JUST A PRANK BREH TOTALLY SAFE PUT YOUR HEAD UP TO IT, IGNORE HOW I WAS CLEARLY ANGERED BY YOUR KILLING OF THE XENOMORPH AFTER IT ATE YOUR FRIEND CMON BRO TOTALLY SAFE

My fucking hell, who wrote this pile. of. shit.

So what you're saying is Scott prioritised storytelling over autistic lore? Isn't that good?

>ducking obvious

Mobile posters please leave.

Dude none of this shit makes any sense anymore.

All Scott needed to do is start a new franchise.
One fucking job.

And you can go with them, Redditcuck

Prometheus, despite all its flaws, is a much better film than Alien Covenant, in every single way, from a more memorable plot, to better characters, to a better story, to even better writing somehow

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

>BRO I CAN'T STOP EXPRESSING LOVE OF HUMAN ART, MUSIC, AND CULTURE BUT DAMN I THINK THEY SHOULD BE DESTROYED CAUSE THEY DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE DESPITE BEING SAVED BY THE SAME WOMAN I TORE APART DURING EXPERIMENTATION

Use your words, user. Explain why it's bad.

>tfw too smart for dramatic irony

It's like he's crazy or something. Oh wait

>Characters doing completely idiotic things and having no regard for their own safety is 'dramatic irony'

I think you need to brush up your definitions of things.

Christ, how did they seriously come to the conclusion that the new chestburster looks better? It literally just looks like a scaled down model of the fully grown xenomorph. It just looks less interesting than the original chestburster.

>witness creepy android being friendly with monster that just killed one of your crew members
>watch as said android screams at you for killing his monster pet
>he suddenly gets strangely calm after you threaten to kill him and starts obeying you
>leads you to a dark room full of weird eggs
>instead of shooting him, you lower your weapon
>you then believe him when he tells you the eggs are harmless
>act surprised when you get attacked by the very same thing that crazy homicidal android told you not to worry about
Dramatic Irony doesn't mean you need your character to ignore very obvious signs something bad is going to happen

You did

>calling shit writing dramatic irony to cover up the laziness

>We don't have to explain character motivations or inconsistencies because insanity and that totally isn't a lame excuse for lazy writing at all

nah, if we all remember Prometheus' school of Running doesn't mean it's good

That's pretty faint praise.

>scene ends with Walter clearly kicking David's ass
>David reaching for a knife
>already been proven merely stabbing Walter doesn't work
>somehow Walter loses and David wins

WHO NEEDS DECENT WRITING WHEN YOU CAN HAVE AN AWESOME TWEEST BRO

This was literally the only bad part of the movie that I had a problem with. David talking captain Oram into the most ridiculously foolish death in movie history, and the fully grown alien that somehow fit inside his chest cavity, and it does some weird cringey thing with its arms for David. The entire scene from start to finish was just plain awful.

How is that inconsinsenty? How enjoying art contradicts with killing peoples?

No, you knowing that the eggs are bad and David is evil whilst an on screen character doesn't is dramatic irony. Just because you're too dumb to seperate what you and characters know doesn't mean it was lazy or terrible writing to have Oram trust David.

Again, Oram has just touched down on an alien planet, seen his wife die and been attacked by aliens that burst out of a guys mouth. David said he'd explain everything and he wanted to know, just because you've seen Alien doesn't mean Oram would expect a vagina to jump out of the egg and slide a penis down his throat to lay another alien inside him.

>dude I love this species that I want to completely wipe out

yeah I don't see how that's a contradiction that at least needs to be addressed at all

I was fooled.

>Walter pins David
>David reaches for knife
>Walter emerges with new knife cuts on his face

That coupled with the fact that Walter and David's haircuts were slightly different and he clearly has the Walter haircut after the fight made me think it was Walter, until I saw that pleasured look on his face when he was watching the xeno fight the crew.

What made zero sense, though, was how the chick realized it was David at the end. What tipped her off to that?

His hatred of humanity as an inferior species needing to be destroyed and his love of anything humanity artistically created, whether poetry or music, is inconsistent.

Right, being completely unafraid and unconcerned about a strange alien egg that you've never seen before because an android you just met told you it was safe makes perfect sense.

The flute to the neck shut Walter down for long enough that David could have done the same with a knife and stripped him and rejoined the crew.

You have no business calling anyone dumb

He didn't love humans, only some of their culture, dumbass

She knew it wasn't him because she knew Walter well, and Walter knew about her Cabin or whatever she wanted to build, and she realized that David didn't know what the fuck she was talking about.

>but it's not nearly as strong smart or resilient as the xeno in alien
>Survives shotgun, rifle and explosion

You'd think his love of everything they create would have some effect on what he thinks of them as a species. Dumbass.

Did you miss Walter self healing his neck wound?

Daniels asked David about helping her build the cabin, something she'd only told Walter, and he didn't reply because David didn't know what she was talking about.

How so? Clockwork orange is inconsistent aswell then

So wait, what exactly happened here? Did they switch bodies? David couldn't have possibly copied Walter's appearance in such a short time, right? r-right?

This is extremely true

Not when the story part of storytelling isn't particularly good.

>very vulnerable starting stage

Doesn't sound very perfect or ultimate to me, you'd think he'd do a little more experimentation to weed out this issue

>inconsinsenty

Third worlders were a mistake.

I really don't care about your thoughts on this matter. It was shit writing.

sorry, meant to quote

>all these Top Trumps like point scoring over which xeno is the bestest

Oh, boy, I'm so scared of the unfathomable cosmic horror.

Once again, he witnessed David act completely comfortable with the alien that just fucking decapitated his friend. Then David leads him into a dark unlit cavern full of weird things that open up when you touch them. There is absolutely no reason to fucking trust David especially when he has led you into a dark confined space alone with him, and you'd think that after causing FIVE of your crew memebers to die because you wanted to investigate some weird shot you would stop investigating weird shut and focus on surviving. But nope, better lean closer to the weird alien thing moving inside, not like the only creatures you met on this planet were highly aggressive or anything.

Did you even watch the movie?

Just because you love music doesn't mean you can't hate other people or even author of this music as person.

Dude that was Spaceballs

youtube.com/watch?v=aVZUVeMtYXc

David stabbed Walter AGAIN because Walter learned nothing from last time and changed clothing when they had similar hair cuts.

There's a pretty big leap from what you're describing to wanting to exterminate the entire race. Such a contradiction could be interesting from a character perspective if it was at least addressed properly. It wasn't.

>xenomorphs are the "ultimate creation"
>literally smart space baboons with acid blood and a strong endoskeleton

Bravo David.

>once again crewmembers on a strange alien world have no regard for protecting themselves from alien atmospheres or extremely sketchy looking organic life

It's like he learned nothing from the criticism of Prometheus

Quit trying to explain this to the retard, they'll never grasp it.

He might not trust him but he wanted to know what was going on, all information Oram had about the aliens so far didn't involve eggs, Hallett just fell ill and then it burst out of his mouth. Oram wouldn't know what was in the egg.

Maybe you should stick to capeshit. You can look at all the pretty colours and any messages and subtext are about as subtle as a punch in the face. Dude superman is like Christ lmao.

>Such a contradiction could be interesting
No, every character's contradiction is automatically equalls to lazy or bad writing as we learn today

I should really see this some time

But who ended up doing the fingering?

>Realizes it is David
>instead of trying to kill him says "David", making him aware

Also
>Hitler loves Wagner but hates subhumans
>David loves Wagner but hates subhumans

BRAVO SCOTT
R
A
V
O

S
C
O
T
T

He should be afraid of the egg precisely because he has no idea what's in it, you retarded child.

This movie was just as dumb as your average capeshit if not dumber. Get off your high horse.

Yes user. Today you learned something!

>Hitler loves Wagner but hates subhumans
Such a lazy writing.

Not automatically, just when it really obviously is to anyone with the ability to think properly

Thats what I tell everyone here, but half of the time they tell me to go back to Sup Forums.

Did you miss the scene in which Oram explains his entire motivation to his wife? He thinks the crew don't respect him, so goes out of his way to get them to. Finding out what is going on and saving everyone involved going with David to a creepy lair.

It's not like he discovered David ordering the Neomorph to kill the woman, he found him trying to tame it and had no idea why.

>dude I'm smart and I watch real films like movies about spooky aliens who kill couples making out in the shower, but it's not B movie tropes packaged as art because it has SUBTEXT, which is a very smart sounding word I just learned today

You should go to bed and not wake up.

>quickly cut away before the antagonist is killed
>it turns out they're alive

Is there a more predictable technique in film?

Alright I can kinda get behind this considering human's have extended infant stages and it makes sense that if the chestburster takes longer to develop than the xeno in Covenant it would be a "higher being".

But then again the timeframe for xenomorph metamorphosis has always been a crapshoot and Covenant was only a half-dozen good scenes stick in a frustrating movie that rapes the mystic of the first film.

A corpse should be left well alone.

>I'm going to save everyone by trusting this obviously psychopathic android and lowering my firearm while closely inspecting the results of a bioweapon

Om my god, Damon Lindelhof is posting on Sup Forums.

he had faith

>implying horror sci fi isn't marketed and designed to appeal to the exact same audience as superhero films

Boy do you have a lot to learn

>it's another "we're gonna explore an unknown alien planet with unknown viruses, bacteria, and microbes without sealed bio suits" movie

But he didn't KNOW it was a bioweapon for SURE. So it's all okay and makes perfect sense and he's a fucking genius for sticking his head into an orb of alien goo

Name ten

He had no idea what was going to be on the planet, should he have just stayed up on the Covenant and stuck to the mission?

No, he went down because he wanted the crew to respect him and all apart from Dani wanted to go down and check it out.

David tells him the egg is safe, just because you know what is in there doesn't mean Oram should. What eggs have things burst out of them and wrap around your face on Earth?

People rightly called out Rafe Spall's character in Prometheus for trying to pet a snake looking alien because his knowledge of snakes from Earth should tell him to be wary of it. Oram's knowledge of eggs tells him not to expect to end up with a thing to jump out.

>a stupid idea isn't stupid until it's done at least ten times

oh child

You're right, most other writers aren't that stupid. Scravo Brott.

I thought key word was another, i see nothing about stupidity of that in your post

>Oram's knowledge of eggs tells him not to expect to end up with a thing to jump out.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Eggs on earth are safe, so eggs on this alien planet must be totally safe too, especially since a stranger just told me so? Are you being fucking serious?

>What eggs have things burst out of them and wrap around your face on Earth?

>massive egg won't have massive animal burst out

Its funny because you understand how to form thoughts and sentences but cannot form critical thinking skills.

Not an argument

He didn't know it was a bioweapon at all

There are a couple of ways this movie could've been salvaged.

The David/Walter swap could've been done in such a way that you never see the two interact.
We, as the audience, are privy to the fact that David was on that ship with Shaw. The crew would not be aware of that and the David/Walter swap would happen offscreen with David seamlessly rejoining the crew and departing with them.

In order to understand more why David does what he does we'd see him "malfunctioning" and having visions of a Giger-esque dreamscape that is the result of his android mind coping with all that happened to him and would ultimately be completely alien to humans. Basically his "heaven" is to us a biomechanical hellscape.

There is more engineer content in the movie overall.

This was fucking retarded, but so was the discovery of the planet of the first place. They weren't joe blow space truckers like in the first movie, they were """professional""" colonists and their job was to find nearby planets that could host human life. Saying "whoops didn't look there lol" is a flimsy excuse at best, even considering how inept the entire crew is.

David literally spoke moments before before about the bioweapon (pointing at the vials on the wall), his experiments, (all while speaking in an affectionate manner), God, why am I wasting my time.

Alien is marketed at families with small kids?
I know a lot of manchildren are also the target audience for both genres but they aren't the main audience for capeshit

>Not an argument
Actually it is, stupid.

>He didn't know it was a bioweapon at all
He didn't know what anything was because he was on an ALIEN PLANET. Some amount of caution utilized should be obvious if you're not mentally handicapped

Yes, he wanted the crew to respect him, then FIVE crew members died in front of him that he was directly responsible for. By that point in the movie he was a snivelling mess until Daniels encouraged him again that she still respected him. At that point, he should have focused on getting himself and his crew back home alive. Instead, he did the exact same shit that got 5 people killed.

>characters in movie should be careful and make no mistake
There would be no movie

Manchildren are absolutely the main audience for capeshit. Why do you think Deadpool was such a smash hit? You think little kids want to see Captain America and Iron Man bitterly tolerate each other for the greater good? No, that's for the angsty teens who like snappy comebacks.

David had just given him a long speech about working on parasitic organisms that needed hosts, before leading him into a room full of eggs. After explaining how every living thing on the planet was now the result of a bioweapon that made more bioweapons.

>you can't have a movie without characters acting like idiots and constantly endangering themselves without good reason

only if you're a shit writer

So the guy in Prometheus was right to stroke the alien snake because he's not on Earth? Are you going to pretend you weren't shit posting about that when it came out too?
David isn't a stranger, he's a human built android that should be built with the same programming as Walter that involves not harming humans.

>characters in a movie need to be brain dead or else things won't happen

>"when exposed to air the bioweapon atomizes"
>never happened in Prometheus, it always remained a goo

Dammit Scott, it is called continuity.

Apparently you have issues detecting sarcasm.

I suppose I can be forgiving since it was just text.