The Rock commiting career suicide

>Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Is Having Trouble Accepting That 'Baywatch' Is A Bad Movie

yahoo.com/news/dwayne-apos-rock-apos-johnson-135344336.html

>The movie’s star, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, however, is on a one man social media mission to convince the world that “Baywatch” isn’t as bad as everyone’s saying it is. Cue the actor launching into an almost Trumpian tweetstorm on Thursday about how out of touch the media is with what the the public wants.

>He kicked it off by reminding us all of the “extremely high scores” from fans.

what's his fucking problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TheRock/status/868625587124011009
twitter.com/mollie_jo/status/867853878313836546
youtube.com/watch?v=Nj7lZ-tAYXg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Im sure joking about satan and child molesting on SNL doesnt help his career

>everyone’s saying it is
critics are deluded

>career suicide
'no'

He's just asspained because he thought he could do no wrong. His movies have always been trash, I'm surprised it's taken this long for them to get shit on.

Will this hurt his presidential bid?

Those wristbands look operator af
W2c?

>do fast and furious movies
>mediocre to acceptable reviews
>not a peep

>do central intelligence
>lukewarm reviews
>not a peep

>do pain and gain
>lukewarm reviews
>not a peep

>do tons of mediocre movies
>lukewarm reviews
>not a peep

>do baywatch
>absolute garbage reviews
>literally the same people that gave you a pass on tons of mediocre stuff by calling it "not bad or anything" are calling this a pile of shit
>must just be some magical coincidence
>must just be they're out of touch

fucking lel

Then again, Sup Forums has the same fucking attitude regarding their shit taste in film.

Fan here: I loved Baywatch. The whole audience cheered. Gonna watch it at least 2 more times and recommend all of you to do the same.
Dwayne rocks.

Baywatch was great though. Tons of laughs and highly entertaining. Can't wait to see it again.

Who asked for a Baywatch movie anyway?

He's getting all Joss Whedon on people?

Why do people use twitter, honestly? It just makes people look bad.

I've seen this flick and I honestly laughed my ass off throughout. It's not a great movie but it's certainly not the turd people are claiming it is, it flopped because you just can't make a baywatch movie in CURRENT YEAR.

twitter.com/TheRock/status/868625587124011009

He actually replied to the guy from Screenjunkies defending the poor opening. Does this surprise anybody else? Why would he ever care this much? Like the other user said, it's not like his movies were ever home runs with the critics.

>Sup Forums kept insisting it was going to great right up until the release date despite all the evidence against it
>now it's all about shitting on the Rock and the movie

Contrarian to the very end.

The Rock's one of those guys like Arnie that believes working hard, giving your all, staying positive and staying motivated will give you success and great things. And he's not wrong, but people like that have trouble dealing with being told something they've worked on is pile of shit when they're at the peak of their game.

LOL nobody thought it was going to be great

>Sup Forums kept insisting it was going to great
I don't remember seeing one Baywatch thread on here until The Dwayne started sperging out.

SO, every day the world gets more retarded and today they decided to forget that taste is subjective. The rock can like baywatch and others cannot and it does not mean one person is righter than than another.

Whatever you're paid it's too little.

>People peeing themselves from laughing has been reported in theaters across the country.
>It's better than the alternative. #Baywatch twitter.com/mollie_jo/status/867853878313836546
The cringe...the cringe

He is trying to copy Trump.

whats his endgame?

I don't want to derail this into a politics thread but I legitimately think The Rock thinks he can get his way by being a loudmouth like Trump and calling people out.

Except you know Trumpposting is the funniest shitposting of all time, and Rockposting is still too nice. Rockposting is like the diet version.

What's the alternative? Shitting themselves out of boredom?

>what's his fucking problem?

He thought guys would want to watch bimbos running on the beach with their tits pushed out. Apparently the Rock thinks everyone is queer now

oh, that's an insult and not a compliment. | am sorry you consider basic facts as shillery. fag faggot faggery go get your dick sucked by a man

It's a compliment you insecure cuck.

>Republican
>complete f*cking idiot that can't accept reality

So what else is new?

fine whatever go get your dick sucked by a girl then if you are capable

good luck

Good goy.

Is the Rock republican? He seems like the liberal type.

What did he mean by this?

He's always stayed apolitical like most Wrestlers do.

I was always pretty sure he was too much of a meathead to ever care about politics in a grander scale.

Criticising a Dwayne Johnson movie for being bad is like criticisng Nirvana because their singer was hard to understand, or criticising South Park because the animation is crappy

>I, anonymous of Sup Forums, do decree that people who have earned millions of dollars and cultivated a popular public persona are all dumber than I

>the rock is going back to being a heel

i feel like the movie accomplished what it set out to do, be a decent, comedy that does not take it self seriously.

>Trumpian
I'm so sick of politics being dragged into literally everything. Fuck off with this.

>too much of a meathead to ever care about politics
Dumb people are usually more interested in politics than smart people are.

There should be a PR person in charge of their Twitter to protect them from themselves.

>the media didn't like a movie with attractive, half-naked women in it
consider me shocked
i never cared for baywatch and probably won't watch this but i know for a fact it's wouldn't be as bad as they make it out to be

Does he act like this when every movie critically bombs or is this a first?

And if this is a first, why is he taking it so hard?

lol so mad hilary lost

He produced the movie. That's why.

All rock movies have being terrible.

He's not that smart if he's bringing BAD PUBLICITY TO HIS MOVIE.

I'm not a millionaire but I can tell you that it's a losing fight to argue with critics.

I'm a fellow 'pede actually (MAGA brother!)

It's just that I'd like to spend some of my free time not thinking about politics.

>little baby Trumpkin mad that more people voted for Hillary than the orange retard

laughing so hard at this complete idiocy

lol

the thing is The Rock seems to only care about working hard. he doesn't care about the quality of the project and isn't amazing at picking projects like prime Arnie. The Rock is one of the biggest stars currently, he could get great directors to work with him but he doesn't give a fuck. His only good movies are Pain & Gain and The Rundown, the two movies where he worked with great directors who knew how to use him.

>laughing so hard
>lol
are you even old enough to be here?

Yeah, but South Park knows where it stands in terms of animation quality (though I'd argue it's actually okay). Dwayne Johnson doesn't seem to get it. In other words, it's forgivable if someone is aware of what's wrong with what they do, but when they're deluded then there's problems.

Also, it could be a publicity stunt. He's essentially a giant whore.

i like your double line spacing, fellow redditor

Holy shit still this butthurt

lmao

the donald much?

hahahahahaha

>The Rock is one of the biggest stars currently

I feel like this was maybe 5 to 10 years ago. He's verging on sticking to cameos and generally being phased out.

I mean, who really goes to see a movie because Dwayne Johnson is in it?

China

The Rock could've been a proper action hero for a new generation but he chose to do nothing but kids movies after The Rundown. He's already past his prime and will soon start doing the old man roles. At least Statham has been solidly pumping out R-rated action movies because he knows his audience. He didn't stop to make a decade of shitty kids movies.

>I'm a fellow 'pede actually (MAGA brother!)

I don't have a reply to this but I want you to know that you've opened my eyes to what Chinese people enjoy out of the states.

ugh I hate that some people are actually like this

epic, shadily fellow brother. how about all those based black men and jews

Ok crybaby

>Why do people use twitter, honestly? It just makes people look bad.
To spread their useless opinions and interests. They dont care how they look; they dont think about it because they're not insecure like you or me.

He's pulling a Trump.

I didn't get it. What was the joke? What is pede?

heart attack

>little boy
END HEIGHT SHAMING

HANG THE FAT LANKLET ALREADY

t. dyel manlet

>passion project
>make a dumb comedy flick

SHUT UP

JUST SHUT UP YOU FUCKING LANKLET

>Democratic Presidential bid rumours
>movie tanks
>starts getting vilified in press

that butthurt lefty globalist party is just fucking toxic and ruins everything it touches in its utter desperation......

Something reddit obviously

he played as a tooth fairy and other bullshit. Why does he want to die for Baywatch?

>take out their knees

Baywatch is something more for TV. Not a movie.

The Rock and Zac Efron made a tranny joke and the critics are butthurt. Not that hard to connect.

Hows it going Dwayne

good, trannies are a fucking joke. time to stop treating them like real people.

lmao everyone has been shitting on this movie here

Do americans really consider urinating on themselfs a possitive thing?

pede is short for centipede. Centipede is a meme term that r/thedonlad users call each other, It stems from a youtube video called "You Cant Stump the Trump"

such as

youtube.com/watch?v=Nj7lZ-tAYXg

Guys, it's clear what is happening..
She got to him.. She sunk those fangs into him and made him delirious.. It's the semen demon all over again
We can only hope and wish that Dwayne recovers from the succubus's spell.
#DontBlameDwayne

but he's a faggot, shouldn't he have immunity to that shit?

>THE FANS

how many times are you going to make this thread?

He replied to this guy...

>The Rock and Zac Efron made a tranny joke and the critics are butthurt. Not that hard to connect.
Yep, all the negative reviews are whining about homophobia, sexism and transphobia. Pretty clear to see what's happening here.

>tfw Trump will be referenced in everything even long after his presidency

It's a fake account from Rocko himself

>if the president was a nigger demonrat everyone would be praising his direct approach to the people and his use of social media to further connect with the lives of americans
when his second term nears its end i hope he turns into a transgendered and retroactively becomes the first female president ever

But the rock is a republicunt

More like RepublicAn'ts regarding Shlumpfcare am I right?

Johnson is not doing anything more controversial than the type of damage control that was rolled out with the release of Ghostbusters 2016.

>joined may 2017

really makes you think

how did that work out last time?

He wasn't just an actor in the movie, he financed it.

His own money is on the line... You wouldn't shill for your own business venture?

Isn't he in the Jumangi reboot too also the guy from his other movie kevin hart and jack black fuck and the cutie what's her name! ;(