What does Sup Forums think of Batman The Animated Series?

What does Sup Forums think of Batman The Animated Series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VMfs1rlw4tc
youtube.com/watch?v=Qi3yJTc8Gjk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_New_Batman_Adventures_episodes
youtube.com/watch?v=W5Bbectzsw4
youtube.com/watch?v=TjAFbEP0wK4
youtube.com/watch?v=kBn8vXEArwM
youtube.com/watch?v=jWHHsdE_oQg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

NORAAAAAA

Great, up until they changed the art style. "I Am The Night" is the best Batman-centric episode.

TOP 5 EPISODES

1. Feat of Clay
2. Almost Got em
3. Two Face
4. If your so smart...
5. On leather Wings

yeah I hated new adventures, sapped the sophisticated aesthetic of the series which before had a cool 40s art deco theme to it

goat

K I N O
I
N
O

kino
although it's better when Batman is working alone, and I don't like the last season where everyone is made of 90 degree angles

was great until they added robin

The DC animated universe (Batman TAS, Justice League (Unlimited), Batman Beyond) etc. is fantastic. They all tie together in interesting ways but you will understand them if you haven't seen them all.

"Think of it, Batman. To never again walk on a summer's day with the hot wind in your face and a warm hand to hold. Oh yes, I'd kill for that! "

youtube.com/watch?v=VMfs1rlw4tc

Infidel! Ra's Al Ghul is introduced along with him!

I think it was an incredible piece of animation, especially for the 90's. I think most of the DC cartoons prior to The Batman (with the dreadlocks Joker) were above average or even great. JLU is easily the best comic book adaptation of all time, and it feels effortless.

My favorite issue of the comic series based on the show is when Batman visits his parents' grave on Christmas, only to run into Mr. Freeze there. Batman fights Freeze for a bit, only to realize that Freeze is visiting Nora's grave. They call a truce and go their separate ways. Powerful stuff.

oh yeah, i meant the younger robin

it's kino

He grew on me, he was like a combo of Jason and Tim, plus I like the episode when Batman goes missing and Superman has to fill in.

also, this fucking scene

Spawned that amazing animu called Big O.

In the name of god. ye not guilty.

>the two part clayface is my favorite ep
>he gets away laughing
>they just HAVE to make a follow up episode where he dissolves and dies!

But he kept coming back regardless

Apparently the new blu-Rays can't use the theme song because it sounds too similar to Flash Gordon.

How retarded.

Crazy that a villain who started off as little more than a gimmick became the most emotionally resonant character in Batman's rogues gallery.

Mask of the Phantasm was pretty dope, but i never really cared for the series itself.

Neither it nor Superman had styles that interested me.

How did the DCAU (and other DC shows like Young Justice) have such perfect voice casting?

Shit is basically black magic.

Best episode

I liked TAS
I still think BB was the best DCAU

I really liked the animation style in this episode. You could tell they contracted out the animation to this studio once in a while, not sure who it was. I could tell they also animated the robin origin story as well.

>that "I didn't mean to." in her real voice.

Rough

it is the same studio who did animaniacs
I can't recall the name now tho

Charlies lines to the Joker at the end of "Joker's Favor" were great.

It was the same with tiny toons, you'd get that one studio (usually japanese) with more detailed art and fluid animation sometimes then the b-team.

Good thing most of the stories hold up regardless.

TMS, a Japanese animation studio. They also did Little Nemo back in the 80's, along with a ton of other stuff.

That episode to me is perfection, joe shmoe going about his humdrum life taking shit from everyone and the first time he decides enough is enough he cuts off the fucking Joker on the freeway.

It's also Harley's first appearance too.

>Kennedy cartoons

>they're releasing a new Batman animated film soon
>it has worse animation than the early 90s cartoon

what the FUCK happened?

youtube.com/watch?v=Qi3yJTc8Gjk

Freeze died a pitful death in Batman Beyond

Talk about a creepy freakin episode. Joker was obviously a gang stalker in Joker's Favor.

>that Harley voice

New Adventures is awesome. Some really great animation. And I personally like the new aesthetic for the most part.

Some really good episodes too.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_New_Batman_Adventures_episodes

It's the best iteration of Batman outside of a handful of graphic novels. The animated movies, as well as Batman Beyond and it's animated movie, are also very good.

JLU is better but Btas was kino

Sup Forums is almost exclusively gang stalkers.

One of the best TV shows ever made. Period. If they'd updated the animation a little better it would have been nice, still a great show, after. Just wish Joker had looked how he did in RotJ, and as user pointed out, the city'd kept its 40s aesthetic qualities.

The animation had tons of character

We Sup Forums now?
>The Dark Knight Returns (keep away from the animated version)
>The Killing Joke (same deal, more so)
>Batman: Year One
>Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth

Anything else? Apart from those I'm not sure what's on par with BTAS. Best part is most of these can be read with TAS in mind. My head canon includes all of these in the same timeline except maybe Arkham.

>that sexy Babs Bunny at Startoons
Not sure how I feel about this guys...

Fuck Joel Schumacher. because of him we will never get a kino live action version of heart of ice starring ben kingsley

I'll say there was something about Joker I liked, but I just didn't think he was colourful enough after.
Scarecrow almost excuses all the other changes though. I thought Penguin and Hatter and even Riddler looked pretty cool, too, in the update even though the latter never got an episode. Disappointing, to say the least.
Wait, did Penguin or Hatter ever get episodes in the new series, either? I know Penguin showed up once or twice but never as main antagonist, right? Except in that one Batwoman DVD, right?

anyone know where I can stream this online or maybe download it?

The Long Halloween is fantastic and Hush is a lot of fun, albeit not a stellar story in the end.

90's animated KINO

I had a nightmare based on that episode once. I did something to piss off the Joker and thought I had gotten away safely, but I woke up one morning to find a knife stabbed into the pillow next to my head with a note from the Joker. Somehow that was more disturbing than most of the other screwed up crap I've ever dreamed about.

Still better than modern capes.

Heard he was trying to pay homage to the 60s show. Difference is the 60s show wasn't fucking gay.

I think a really underrated episode is Eternal Youth. Fucking creepy, the show excels at horror.
Yeah the execs said Robin had to be in an episode at least once, but hey at least he was well written and voice acted.

toonnova or torrent user

The Joker is basically the devil unleashed in a person, so, I don't blame you.

youtube.com/watch?v=W5Bbectzsw4

reminder that this is a thing.

thanks user, was also trying to find Justice League Unlimited, seems I have my whole week planned out for me now

Forgot about Long Halloween. Definitely included.

If you like The Long Halloween, Dark Victory is also very good.

you're welcome

You should rewatch the Beyond episode "Earth Mover"
It's fucking fantastic.

Michael Keaton is the best live action film Batman.

Agree?

Lyle Bolton did nothing wrong!

Tim Burton's Gotham is also spot on, if you consider the "modern" twist on Noir aesthetic to be the 80s.

BLACK & WHITE

>record scratch
>stupid "indie" rock music choreographed into the scene.

I'm skipping this stupid shit.

Pretty sure it's meant to be ironic, but yeah, does not look worth anyone's time.

Ironic is not going to sell batman.

It's okay. Pic related is the superior Batman series.

I really liked the Ace episode. It was so out of left field that she wasn't a real "I'm going to kill everyone for no reason!" Shit was trippy and it took me a while to understand what the fuck happened at the end.

youtube.com/watch?v=TjAFbEP0wK4

For a cheap legal alternative...
Netflix has all of JL and JLU
Amazon Prime has the rest

capekino

Freeze is great because he is a brilliant man who had terrible things happen to him and through desperation and good intentions became the cold man he is today.

He is noble because he has no compunctions that alot of what he does is wrong but he does it for his wife.

>He is noble because he has no compunctions that alot of what he does is wrong but he does it for his wife.

>restore Nora
>can never be with her
>body starts to fail til only the head is left
>become a truly cold and bitter asshole and set out to completely ruin other people's lives

I'M MR WHITE CHRISTMAS I'M MR SNOW I'M MR ICICLE I'M MR TEN BELOW

>body starts to fail til only the head is left
>become a truly cold and bitter asshole and set out to completely ruin other people's lives
But he really did try to be a good person. He just got fucked over by the people who gave him a new body in Batman Beyond and he exacted vengeance on them.
>There may be some momentary discomfort.

>goat episode coming through

Talking about before Beyond

SID THE SQUID
I
D

T
H
E

S
Q
U
I
D

Replace on Leather Wings with The Gray Ghost

that episode creeped me the hell out

Kametsu probably has it on MEGA

>The Joker has a kazoo at the funeral.

I don't have a laughing picture great enough to express the hilarity.

With Mr. Freeze it was so tragic that you honestly want him to win in the end.

>Gray Ghost
>features one of the only instances of Bruce Wayne being a happy kid

Yeah it's pretty good.

"Who wants Chinese?" Fuck Luke Skywalker, I will always remember Mark Hamill as the Joker.

Yeah, it's been years since I watched Beyond. I loved it, but find myself revisiting BTAS a lot more.

>As a kid, I used to watch you with my father. The Gray Ghost was my hero.
> So it wasn't all for nothing.

Kino.

Didn't this episode get an emmy or something like that?

Yup.

KINO

probably the best in depth depiction of Batman and his rogue gallary (apart from Mask of the Phantasam which rightfully is touted as one of the if not the best Batman movie of all time).
Shame all those greats didn't get the attention they deserve because >muh kids stuff preconception that still exists to this very day.

>when you have nothing intelligent to say

fuck off.

>>>/reddit/

Having Adam West voice the Gray Ghost was fantastic casting.

So good, didn't realize how much body horror there was in it and Batman Beyond until I re-watched them. It feels like people are getting mutated or disfigured ever other episode, especially in Beyond.

>the episode where it's Ra's in Talia's body.

gay

youtube.com/watch?v=kBn8vXEArwM

Is this kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=jWHHsdE_oQg