Why do british shows cast ugly actors?

because its easier/cheaper than importing foreigners

because thats all they got there

is that what British women look like? lol

This makes me laugh because several days ago there was an Office UK thread and I could tell it was full of actual UK fags because they were acting like the chick that played Dawn had suddenly become ugly since the show ended, not that she had been the whole fucking time.

because we're all ugly, but we don't care

the difference between brits and yanks is that brits don't pretend they're something they're not. The whole point of the UK office is that it was supposed to be relateable, supposed to feel like these characters could exist in real life.

Yanks on the other hand don't want to be reminded what absolute specimens they are and instead dull their senses with mindless babble tv with over the top zany characters like Michael Scott and Dwight, where everyone is "good looking" because that's how Americans want to be told they are

Dawn is best girl.

left or right?

The person that's better in the US version is Ryan because the temp in the UK version was only highlighted in one episode.

Because it is more realistic and the actors are actually better than chad and stacey models

Yes because if you are not hideous you are automatically a Chad or stacy

Because it makes the shows much more relocatable, realistic and funny.

dawn

just the right amount of chub and jiggle

because the BBC Office was a low budget mockumentary with no expectations and an unknown cast while the US Office was a huge deal and had Hollywood actors playing the roles

Because British people?

>yanks cast the 0.1% of people in the country who aren't ugly in their TV shows then normal Americans watch it and unironically identify with the characters

Americans are weird. They cast John Kranski, a 6'4 chad, as the average everyman then all the viewers root for him when in reality they are probably most like Dwight irl

The British Office is actually flattering compared to what actual office workers look like.

This is what Americans actually look like. That's why they prefer beautiful people on their TV so they can forget the truth.

they hire on skill and talent, not looks.

pic

>is that what British women look like? lol

The Simpsons wasn't exaggerating.

or this one was even more accurate, down to the "smile"

>Mindy Kaling
>Attractive

Hired on acting ability rather than on appearance; not hard to understand. Americans manage to lower the bar ever further with every thread

Nah, Channel Awesome people were probably the biggest sperg outcasts at school and that's why they make bad movies about being nerd warriors and other cringe shit.

left because you just know she loves to get her ass ate. not just that but she would probably play with your ass too. plus i like alcoholic looking women who could beat the shit out of me in a drunken frenzy

Partly because were all ugly

Partly because the UK film/TV industry isnt centred in hollywood, where looks and superficiality are much more prominent. The UK office is much more reflective of what a real office would look like compared to the US one.

Hollywood is like a bubble where ultra good looking, thin people congregate and is not at all reflective of the rest of america.

Britain is /r9k/: the country

>Autistic NEET on his island away from continental "normies"
>awkward as fuck
>Ugliest folks on earth besides abos
>REEEEES periodically

At least Scandinavians are beautiful so people think they're mysterious

>implying the American actors are good looking

Get real

whats the best looking office cast?

In the UK you're predominantly hired on acting talent unless the role specifically calls for an attractive person. Consequentially quite a few big UK actors have significant histories in things like the Royal Shakespeare company (Ian McKellan, Patrick Stewart etc).

The increasing reliance in western cinema on the camera jumping around every 10 fucking seconds is because so many of these young attractive people are shit actors with no stage presence.

The office was meant to be an everyman show. The people on it look like normal people, as opposed to office US where the uggos are ""meant"" to be uggos and other people are casually attractive as though that's the norm. I've been to burgerkek, I've seen your people, don't lie to me.

yeah man, why aspire to be better than you are? life is just one dice roll might as well just get down on our knees and take life up the ass rather than strive to transcend our circumstances

British people look like fucking orcs. Don't bullshit me. If it wasn't for the accents you'd never get laid in Burgerland.

no one wants your fat puffy cunt pizza boy

girl with slight down syndrome or girl who would most likely dress you up as Jim

hmmmmmm....

>measuring people in stones
this is almost as retarded as measuring length in feet

Why would a miserable office in some miserable little district be full of models and good looking people? You see the difference when high management comes to visit--Neil and Jennifer are quite good looking. Office deadbeats are normal people and normal people is average or below.

Theyre about the same, though they look different, they are by no metric good looking though, i have no idea how you think this

British shows don't cast ugly people, otherwise you'd be on one of their shows, you faggot.

Because that's how an actual office looks like
Source: I work in one

The British are not afraid to put average/ugly people on tv. I would say that most of them are good actors, but I can't understand them

Fuck you, you fucking faggot.

There's a difference between aspiration and delusion

You won't get any help in bettering yourself as a human being by pretending you are things you aren't

They're also better actors, go figure.

Because americas are all about pretence
Having white teeth which are more likely to fall out than ours
Owning McMansions via mass loans whilst the average brit owns their house and has 2 cars
Getting into a civil rights groups by shaving your head then permanently dying it rather than actually face down their supremacy

Stone is good because it gives perspective, every other imperial unit is bullshit
>nobodies going to ask that it's called suspense.gif

The Office is meant to be depressing. If you had ever seen the UK Office you'd know the theme was dull office life in the middle of a depressing place like Slough.

If they filled the office with attractive people it would go against that theme.

>Getting into a civil rights groups by shaving your head then permanently dying it rather than actually face down their supremacy
What the fuck are you talking about?

Those are all tens on the Isle mate

Talcum X aka Shaun White i guess

Most of the US cast is ugly too

>I've been to burgerkek, I've seen your people, don't lie to me
Exhaledaudiblythroughnose/10.