The Leftovers thread

New episode tonight.

What if this is literally Nora's twin sister Sarah that no one knew about?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LwhPd2DIwYA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

gib stream link

What if that is Nora when she goes into the machine to the other place that everyone got sent to?

>the machine just makes you old
departurefags BTFO

>tfw caught up and watched the 2 latest eps

I'm hyped for some more Kevin hotel adventures fàm

>Back to the hotel tonight

Some great television coming tonight. Theroux is going to knock it out of the park.

here's a theory (my own)

This is Nora in the future (obviously) returning from the same place as the departures, it's also a long time since. The departures reappear on earth after the great flood whereas they will serve as the new people and repopulate. Kevin is some sort of Messiah that perhaps is the only survivor of the "flood" or whatever kills everyone off. Is it dumb? Fuck you.

I want to see Jill one last time

KINOS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

BUCKLE UP

Who do we think will for sure be at the hotel tonight?

I think we will see

>Meg
>Laurie
>Evie
>Maybe Virgil

why was ep 6 so shit bros

Episode 4 & 6 have been the best this season.

Literally one of the best episodes across all seasons

Jesus half the conversations in this episode are people telling anecdotes that are supposed to connect to the subtext of the scene.

Then cue the violin music.

Every episode.

>character says a thing to Kevin
>.....
>.....
>...what!?
>character repeats what they just said

If Kevin doesn't come back tonight I will not be pleased Damon!

where's the goddamn link

International Assassin II confirmed tonight.

I'm ready boys.

The director for tonight's episode only directed one other episode in the series.

International Assassin

I don't think I am ready

Wrong. He also directed Lens.

I actually can't fucking wait

youtube.com/watch?v=LwhPd2DIwYA

Thoughts on what the fuck Nora is doing in this episode?

>What if this is literally Nora's twin sister Sarah that no one knew about?

that makes the most sense. using carrier doves to send messages, no cars, she is in the same world as her family but can't see them since they're in america

Not trying to start an argument, but why do you guys find any of these characters endearing or well written?

>why
iunno

>my boyfriends ex wifes sons bulls daughter

I think kevin will die and that all the departures come back.

This show is basically Lost 2.0, ie. a primetime soap

Pleb opinion there mate.

Kevin is a fucking idiot so that does make sense

maybe she didn't get into the machine after all?
the russian dykes seemed to really not want to allow her.
she's in the flash forward scene in the first episode so it's basically confirmed she won't die.

I assume one of the crew that is with Kevin will call Matt and tell him they are about to kill him. Probably will get a scene with Matt telling Nora or something.

>she's in the flash forward
>implying it's a flash forward and not a flash sideways

Until now there are zero proofs that what happened to Kevin was real.
It's everything in their mind because they wanted to believe it.
Show's telling the story from the POV of someone who has faith in something that do not exist.
Also, what's wrong with the dogs in the show? They seem to imply they are somehow the enemy

Can anyone put the best episodes in their proper ranking?

>International Assassin
>I Live Here Now
>The Garveys at their Best
>The Prodigal Son Returns
>Its a Matt Matt Matt Matt World
>Three Boats and a Helicopter
>Guest
>Certified

i don't think the show will go into the possibility of alternate universes...

The dogs who witnessed a departure went crazy because someone just outright disappearing into thin air fucked with their brains something fierce.

he saw david burton in the hotel without even knowing about him. also, he saw his father through the television while he was having an acid trip in aussie.
it's definitely real

They are a metaphor for the chaos post-departure, but I felt like there was something more until the show decided to axe Dean. That is my biggest gripe with the show, they fucked up making him look cuckoo and stupid. He had an "adversary" too and they could have gone somewhere with that, between Kevin Sr, Jr, Dean, and David all being mystical dudes

I Live Here Now is the best episode of The Leftovers so far

lost in the beach

GR president kevin

The idea of old Nora is that she used the microwave device to see her family, and it worked, and sent her to the world where all the departed ended up, but she used it in Australia. So she appears 7 years after everyone else, on the wrong continent from her family and they're pre electric technology and use is carrier pigeons for long distance communication, so she has no way of actually finding them.

he heard about david burton on TV

Dean's gonna show up in this episode

I think it achieves something higher than International Assassin, and also has the added dimension of being a finale and nailing it, but there is still something so cohesively perfect about International Assassin that makes it untouchable.

He had no way of knowing what David Burton looked like, though.

Which world would be more fucked up?

FUCK YES, Assassin Kevin has to take out GR Kevin.

The dude was pretty famous, his face would probably be on the news or something

that's bullshit, they obvioulsy have modern bycicles there so technologically they're at least in the 20th century. she could just sail to burgeland if she wants to see her family.
you're talking bullshit.

but he saw his father in the hotel room. he couldn't have known that kevin sr. was in another hotel room doing acid with some hippies in aussie at the moment.
it's real what happened to him.

They had bicycles in ancient Egypt. They may not even have ocean worthy sailing ships in the departed world. There's no way to tell.

are you retarded?
>sent her to the world where all the departed ended up
having bicycles would make sense, but there wouldnt be any gas for the cars in a world where only 2% of the worlds population survives

Dean for sure

Forgot about him. Kevin is going to have a "twin" that is president in the hotel world (foreshadowed in E3 and E5) so Dean may be one of his secret service members or something.

Aussie Kevin

it's certainly an interesting theory but old nora was clearly wearing industrially produced clothes you fucking morons. there's no way she can't meet her family in a world only populated by 200million people. if they managed to build a fucking church within seven years and mass produce clothes there surely is some way to find her family.
this is like LOST posting again.

hm kevin is president in the hotel world now.
this could be some symbol for kevin's impending god complex.

he already seemed very condescending last episode when he arrived on the horse at night and talked to laurie.
don't know if anyone noticed it but kevin acted a tiny bit arrogant when he saw laurie. did anyone else see this?

>this is like LOST posting again.
because leftovers is lost version 2.0

i mean the absolute insane and unrealistical theories.
like a lot of anons genuinely thought Rust and Marty would be facing Cthulhu at the end of true detective season 1.

>this is like LOST posting again.

This isn't nearly as bad as the Twin Peaks threads. Take a look at the autistic theories they have going right now.

I am so confused by how much everyone seems to love this season.

It is so much weaker than season 1 and 2.

This season is so lazily written.

Every episode is mostly mundane interactions that consist of characters rambling about their pasts, which we didn't actually get to witness generally, and then it leads up to a major "epiphany" at the end with the music swelling.

What the hell happened to the show?

>if they managed to build a fucking church within seven years and mass produce clothes
they were already there because in that world

98% of the worlds population disappeared in that world. the world itself is still intact. christ you're thick.

this criticism is so lazily written

the show has always been this

and you arent going to stop watching it so who cares

So why did critics rate this season so highly?

I'm really starting to wonder if the show has always been this bad. I don't think it has been though. I rewatched season 2 right before the new season started so I feel pretty confident that this season is just a major stepdown. There have been 2 good episodes so far.

FUCKING YESSSSSS

I think they're trying to atone for giving it pretty tepid praise until now. Season 2 has an 80 on Metacritic which translates to "generally favorable reviews" and season 1 has a 65 on the same site. Meanwhile the new season has a 98 even though it's quite obviously the weakest season yet.

Also, the fuck do critics have to do with this? Most of the mainstream critics are plebs themselves.

>kevin has to kill evil kevin to save the world

>the departed 2% from "our" world were transported into another world
>98% of that world departed too :^)
You're dumb.

Dean is probably going to resurrect too

thanks for filling the void

this. it's all political now. i bet everyone was required to give "Dear White People" a good rating.
i hate american critics. At least here in Europe movie critics still have some kind of press freedom so they won't try and sell bullshit to us.

>At least here in Europe movie critics still have some kind of press freedom so they won't try and sell bullshit to us

good goy

Just seemed odd that before Season 3 a lot of Sup Forums seemed to love this show so much that they would call you a pleb for daring to disagree.

Where i live Marvel movies are constantly panned in all the relevant papers so i don't know what you're talking about.
Now political news are a whole other story, i'll give you that...

I still stand by the first two seasons, especially season 2. I am just barely even staying with the show now though, I am really excited for it to be over so I don't feel as though I am obligated to watch it anymore.

That sounds pretty nice.

I am always so amazed that people actually just go on RT and treat its numbers as gospel.

Can somebody explain Nora's speech about usher and ball deflation from the previous episode? I get that usher is DSD in the analogy and that the people who are watching the game are people whose loved ones departed.
What I don't get are the rules of the game. Why does the ball have to be deflated by the usher when it gets thown into the aisle? Does the game just end, because there is no other ball to replace the deflated ball?
I should probably also add that I have a really vague idea as to how baseball works.

The beach ball being thrown around had nothing to do with baseball.
Nora is the usher, or she can be, but doesn't want to be.
Deflating the ball is destroying the machine/reporting it to the DSD.

Man for Kevin sake!
The world split in 2 dimension.
The two are 100 per cent equals except for the people.
One with the 2 per cent and other with the 98

Not everyone is going to agree on what works and what doesn't and what impacts them emotionally so I won't argue that point but I don't think that this is obviously the weakest season. This season hasn't Flanderized anyone or jumped any sharks or any of the usual culprits for "down" seasons. It's followed its own internal logic and tone pretty well - expanding things along the way. Critics liking this season more may have to do with being able to see the show more as a whole now. It's easier to see something for what it is when you aren't in the middle of it.

No, I just try to explain to you what the other user say.

user didn't say anything about the world splitting into two dimension, he verbatim said 98% of the worlds (that the 2% from "our" world departed to) disappeared in that world.
Implying they departed.

2% of the world's population isnt that much desu, nobody would care.

The people who lost someone would care.
Which is pretty much what this entire show is about.
2% wouldn't be absolutely detrimental to anything going on in the world, but that doesn't mean their departure would go unnoticed.

i don't have enough alcohol in this house to prepare for antoehr international assassin

Go to the alcohol store.

It's not about how many, it's the fact that 2% just disappeared into thin air with no explanation. I think people would be freaking out even more, life wouldn't go relatively back to normal in three years, people would be panicking too much.

the new twin peaks episodes are fucking terrible. i don't know how many leaps of faith one must take to believe that they're kino, but we're at Sup Forums, a place where people genuinely like batman vs. superman. lynch truly lost it.
what do you think about the twin peaks revival?

Without a doubt they are 4 of the best episodes of the series. I am so happy with the direction the show is taking.

I like it a lot so far actually.

I like it.

So Kevin used his family as an excuse to go back last time, but what about now?

Look up the name of the episode, famski.