It's over, Ridley Scott BTFO

>Fourth place belongs to Alien: Covenant, which dropped a massive 71% in its second weekend, delivering a mere $10.5 million for the three-day. This is the second largest second weekend drop for a film playing in over 3,700 theaters.

How will they procede with the franchise from now on ?

Another mess from Scott's hands is extremely unlikely, will they reboot ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shoulda' given it to the Bloom Camp.

>procede
>spaces before punctuation
>comma splice
I don't even want to discuss reddit spacing right now. You need to leave.

This reminds me a lot of how Xenosaga was supposed to be this awesome, six-game prequel to Xenogears, and how it BLEW and didn't even get to three games, and they tried to end it with as much dignity as possible, which wasn't much. In other words, it's over. This is the last non-meme Aliens movie we'll ever, ever get. From now on it's AVP 6, or Aliens From The Hood, etc.

That drop is, unfortunate.

This series needs a rest.

I've literally been to reddit once, and I have no idea how they space things. How intricate does your history with reddit have to be to literally know how their punctuation and shit is? Who cares?

I'm guessing the studio will take pity on him and give him one last movie to wrap things up.

China will save it.

>How will they procede with the franchise from now on?
They could try hiring an actual writer, especially one who's name isn't Lindelof.

Should have kept Shaw alive for this one, Ridley you dope.

Ouch

Maybe that's his chance?

fassbender constantly molested noomi rapeface on the set and she wanted to get out of her own.
ridley scott had nothing to do with it.

>China will save it.

Very doubtful, Prometheus never opened in China, chinese censorship is hard on gore and blood splatter which means they will make a lot of cuts, China only allow foreign contries 25% of the box office money, which means it will have to do REALLY well.

isn't Noomi too pale for Fassbender's taste?

>puts fags in space to colonize another planet

Glad it bombed

Yes a Reboot is needed this franchise is dust now.

the fass wants what the fass wants.

>isn't Noomi too pale for Fassbender's taste?

Also she doesn't have a penis

Perhaps assuming he hasn't moved on to other projects already. But does ANY director want to step in and try to explain the fucked up story and characters at this point?

>I've got this idea that crystals are what bind the universe, but the ultimate crystal has been cracked sending it into turmoil. The only thing that can unite man and xeno is to find the shard and replace it uniting our two species into one benevolent species. I call it...

The Dark Crystal

Reddit spacing is the newest of newfag memes and 100% confirms you're a redditor. How do you even know minutiae of posting conventions without having spent an inordinate amount of time there? Nobody in the whole of 4chans existence has ever wanted to read a wall of text.

t. 2006

>be John Logan
>write Star Trek: Nemesis, killing TNG-era Trek
>write Alien: Covenant, killing Alien prequels

POETRY
O
E
T
R
Y

Literally /ourguy/

Will say this - Covenant was a whole hell of a lot better then Nemesis.

Wait who were the fags? I just remember waking up to fassbender kissing himself and all the other guys had wives and gfs

So does this mean no third one? Also how many did Scott said that there will be after Covenant? Two more sequels? And next one is written...

For fuck sake Scott. Just make next Alien to be last one.

Also explain your shit with these Engineers and their Aliens. Or is David the one? Wtf if he really is the xeno creator.

I invented the reddit spacing meme around 2012. Not super old but definitely not newest of new. Also, I said I didn't want to discuss it. I'd prefer to discuss "procede" and comma splicing. Indefensible, obviously, which is why the discussion has become about the meme I invented in 2012 ("Reddit Spacing") rather than the other numerous flaws in that post.

Should have titled it prometheus two

Wtf is her problem? I'd be okay with this.

Basically cinema is dead unless it's capeshit or star wars. I for one enjoyed the old fools final foray in to the xeno universe and am glad hackcamp didn't get his greasy south Africans paws on the franchise. Let the series die with ridley.

>So does this mean no third one?

That is the question. Covenant will not yield any profit in it's box office run, and post box-office will be foremost about breaking even.

The franchise is very entrenched in pop-culture so it won't die, but will producers be interested in giving Scott money for what is another likely box office failure ?

THis

>glad blomkamp didn't get his hands on alien
>instead prefers to see an old hack crazy dude ruin the series
alien series should have stopped on the second one

youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA&feature=youtu.be

this movie is the sign that Ridley is getting senile

should've not kill the fucking engineers

should've not listen to the plebs who wanted more xenos