Alien Covenant is EASILY the best Sci-Fi film this year

Alien Covenant is EASILY the best Sci-Fi film this year.

Prove me the fuck wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E4milKbppxE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I can't. Covenant has some flaws but is still very entertaining and Ridley Scott is adding some great lore to the Alien universe.

>Prove me the fuck wrong

It was better than Life so I guess I cant

Phonefagging is still samefagging.

>inb4 literally any other sci-fi films this year

wait for Valerian

Lucid Dream is actually really really good

must've just released hours ago, its on netflix

tl;dw south korean inception

i loved it.
what do you think will there be a sequel to convenant? i heard film box office is in trouble

Joseph Gordon Levitt's in this movie?

I think so, because once it's released digitally and on demand. Plus released in some other international countries it will get the box office and money it needs. I'm not concerned user. Ridley's got to build the fanbase back up again. I really liked Alien Covenant but HATED Prometheus.

L O L
O
L

is that Nicole Aniston?

Life can't even compete. Get the fuck out of here user.

It's only halfway into the year.

It's going to be the same shit next year. Thanks for reminding us.

>Underworld 5
>Resident Evil 6
>Space between us
>Logan
>A cure for wellness
>Alien Covenant
>Attraction
>Battle of Memories
>Blade Runner 2049
>The Dark Tower
>Ghost in the Shell
>Power Rangers
>Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
>War for the Planet of the Apes
>Life
>Colossal
>The Circle
>Guardians 2
>Transformers 5
>Star Wars ESB 2
>Geostorm
>God particle
>JUSTice League
>Kill switch
>Godzilla anime
>The 3 body problem (is it coming this year?)
shit year desu

Until Blade Runner 2049.

Agree.

However the last years were very weak with good sci-fi, so it's not much of a praise.

if it is then this is a really shitty year for sci-fi, it's only barely better than the train-wreck that was Prometheus.

pic related was the best film of last year but for burgers it's a this year film.

>yfw Alien knock-off is better movie than Ridley Scott's canon universe

forgot pic related

best sci-fi and best zombie film, pure kino

Looks like it came from Shame.

>the best Sci-Fi film this year.

not a good year for sci-fi then, because it was worse than Prometheus

this was utter shit

The half about the genocidal android is the best Sci-Fi film this year. The slasher-flick half with the retarded ship crew playacting as teenagers at camp Crystal Lake was just awful.

it was pretty shit though

It really wasn't

Breakout performance from the qt3.14, androgyny is officially in vogue.

it was literally just the last of us but even worse

I didn't play those games I just fap to the rule 34.

I liked the way they did the zombies, I thought it was interesting. How they basically just chill doing nothing most of the time. I also liked the lol brain fungus which was a nod to actual fungal species in nature that take over host nervous systems.

The movie seemed to take care to try to present things as factually and proceed a logically from one moment to the next as was possible, which was refreshing with so many sci-fi movies like idk, PROMETHEUS just saying fuck all to reason and logic, we will have characters do things because it's cool and a lot of violent shit will happen. nevermind if it makes them seem completely cartoonish and drains any sort of tension from the story.

Is it worth a watch user?

obviously i think so. i was pretty skeptical going in but i quickly got into it and the film builds in tension quite well. lots of lore and world building. they took care to show things really going to seed.

meh, I liked the beginning and the black kid was an alright actress but once they left the base it quickly went down the drain with dumb decisions and weird inconsistencies with how alert the zombies were.

I thought Prometheus was pretty meh but I loved Covenant. The first act was really comfy sci-fi at its best, felt like a good Star Trek episode. The special effects, cinematography and acting was good enough to make the scenes with the uninteresting characters worth watching.

The second act is my favourite, the dynamic between David and Walter was the most interesting sci-fi idea I've seen in years. I could watch a whole movie about David's pursuit of creation and perfection to become his idea of a god, following in the footsteps of his own creator and the engineers before them.

The third act was where the movie turned more into a classic slasher, with everyone dying left and right to the aliens (which was fun enough to make it worth watching), but the presence of David and Walter was what made this movie good for me.

>utter shit
and yet still better than OP

Me too user! I fucking LOVED Alien:Covenant but HATED Prometheus.
I actually saw that steaming pile of shit (Prometheus) in theaters with a PACKED audience at 12 am opening night and the group of guys sitting next to me WREAKING of pot. I was so excited I had purchased an additional set of tickets for 2 different showings the day after before-hand.

youtube.com/watch?v=E4milKbppxE

Pros
>Some tense scenes
>Great visuals
>Cool android conversations

Cons
>Characters are even more retarded than they were in Prometheus
>Zero character development
>Ruins the mystery of Prometheus and ruins the timeline continuity of Alien in one fell swoop
>The actual xenomorph scenes feel forced, rushed, and unnecessary

It's a 5/10 at best, Arrival was much better

Arrival was released in 2016 you retard.

No

>Characters are even more retarded than they were in Prometheus
Pormetheus had the geologist who created the mapping system everyone was using getting lost (so that he could die when the script needed him to), and the biologist getting scared of a dead alien and moments later deciding that a living alien displaying typical threatening posture/sound should totally be fine to snuggle right up to (same reason here).

The people in covenant are idiots but they are not Prometheus stupid.

>the best Sci-Fi film this year.

wow it's fucking nothing

>the dynamic between David and Walter was the most interesting sci-fi idea I've seen in years

When David said he had the ability to dream (Walter cannot), it lead me to believe that surreal scene at the beginning when David and Weyland were in the white room was a dream sequence.