What would a remake of Escape From New York look like in the current day?

What would a remake of Escape From New York look like in the current day?

Other urls found in this thread:

thewrap.com/escape-from-new-york-remake-story-details/
youtu.be/NDohpjD1jvA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shit

They wouldn't need any FX or sets because modern America is a gang-controlled feral warzone anyway

Well first off the lead would be a black woman, and you can pretty much figure out how the rest of the movie would be from there.

snake plissken would be a dog who plays basketball and he would be called "Air Bud"

In fact America is the safest it's been in decades, and much safer than when the movie was made.

Awful

They'd get some twink fuccboi or roid ape meathead with zero fucking charisma or personality to play Snake.

/reddit/ would cream their pants if idris elba played snake

Idris Elba rescues transsexual Hillary Clinton from nuclear wasteland of flyover states

>lead is now a woman
>love interest is a nigger
>any of the bad characters are white guys
>cgi any and everything
>make sure the entire movie has a grayish tint and looks washed out and drab as fuck
>start a viral marketing campaign where people tweet about how cool it is to finally have a real action movie with a female star

they would try to take it way too seriously ala robocop / total recall remakes and just be forgettable shit.

worst case scenario, they get that clinically-certified mongoloid and "le epic nerd" Carl Urban up there on screen doing his best Russell impression.

I don't think Snake's "I don't care about doing the right thing, I just want to smoke a cigarette" attitude would resonate well with audiences today.

A normal white guy moving away from that commie shit hole.

It would be more like Escape from Detroit
It would resonated perfectly with the edgy young anarchists

Snake would probably be black.

Anarchists have a motivation and a goal. Snake just wants to be left alone.

Nigga that's the most popular character archetype in the history of fiction.

Needless back story on Snake, and don't forget "character development. "Also The Duke wouldn't be black.

I can't remember the last time a character had no concern for what was unfolding in the movie and only wanted to survive. Guy pierce in Lockout is very similar I guess.

Logan came pretty close.

They'd probably find a way to put in a Metal Gear reference

>Escape From New York without Ernest Borgnine

>Guy pierce in Lockout is very similar I guess.
That's probably something to do with the fact they ripped off escape from new york/L.a. so much they were taken to court and found guilty

Only actor I can imagine having enough on screen presence to play Snake Plissken is Josh Brolin.

Shit

thewrap.com/escape-from-new-york-remake-story-details/

>I can't remember the last time a character had no concern for what was unfolding in the movie and only wanted to survive

Riddick

/this

darkerer
grittierer
more seriouserer
way more betterer

with a trailer that goes BWAAAAOOONFF

There would be way more action and CGI.
It would be a lot more fast paced and the time limit would be referenced to heavily.
Also that Taxi driver character would be black or muslim.

DRUMPF is the bad guy for sure.

isn't that beaner rodriguez remaking it? he's probably gonna drop some not so subtle references to trump and his wall while he's at it

Gay.

Poor substitude, but not a terrible one

I'm betting either Chris Pratt or Channing Tater as Snake

I recently watched Escape NY for the first time and it doesn't seem so far fetched.
It feels like something that could really happen with all the Trump/Russia/Wall/Censorship/Alt-Facts shit that's been going on.

>Welcome to the human race
What did he mean by this

I could see Matt Dillon as Snake

Shitty CGI instead of Shitty Blue Screen

youtu.be/NDohpjD1jvA

MADE BY ZACK SNYDER

Do it like Frank Miller movies.

I kek'd

Just film Snake walking around in Detroit or Chicago, you don't need to change anything.

Filled with quips.