Sup Forums thinks Wonder Woman is feminist

>Sup Forums thinks Wonder Woman is feminist
Feminists are SEETHING and think Steve raped her.
>While reading my colleagues’ laudatory reviews of Wonder Woman this week, I kept wondering if I’d blacked out during some essential scenes. “Wonder Woman Made Me Finally See the Importance of Female Representation,” Dana Stevens wrote on Thursday.

>I wondered why I’d come into the movie expecting some energizing woke-feminist manifesto instead of a film that stars one sexy woman surrounded by throngs of horny men, barely passing the Bechdel test after the opening scenes on Diana’s home island.

>The love story in Wonder Woman also seems positioned as a “no homo” response to the heroine’s inherently queer backstory: Diana was raised on a hidden island that contains only women, some of them fairly jacked and butch-of-center. A few hours after she meets the film’s leading man—Chris Pine as American spy Steve Trevor—Diana lets slip that she’s learned men are integral to reproduction, but “unnecessary” for purposes of pleasure. Truth drop!

>And yet. Just a couple of days into their jaunt to stop the Germans from employing new chemical weapons, he’s shutting himself into her hotel room, presumably so they can do sex things. Diana is so clueless about men, human activity, and the basic concepts of manipulation and evil—think mute air-breathing Ariel in The Little Mermaid, if she could incapacitate an entire village of German sharpshooters—that her capacity for consent is somewhat blurry. She can’t even understand why Trevor thinks it would be improper for them to sleep in the same bed when they’ve just met. Diana’s naïveté and innocence are crucial to the film’s moral thrust, but they cast her sexual relationship in a shiftier light.

slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2017/06/02/i_wish_wonder_woman_were_as_feminist_as_it_thinks_it_is.html

Other urls found in this thread:

edition.cnn.com/2017/06/02/opinions/wonder-woman-you-call-this-feminism-beale/index.html
my.mixtape.moe/hhghha.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Based Gal triggering the Sup Forumstards AND the feminists

How does she do it bros?

>barely passes the Bechdel test
And this is bad why?

>Perhaps I, a person who writes about gender and feminism every day and hasn’t seen enough superhero stuff to be impressed by the mere existence of a female protagonist, am the wrong audience for this film. Perhaps I was too distracted by the figure-skater dress Diana wears for most of the film, sculpted with tiny bumps for her apparently ever-erect nipples
>am the wrong audience for this film.
Yes. Utterly BTFO.

>The love story in Wonder Woman also seems positioned as a “no homo” response to the heroine’s inherently queer backstory

>Maybe it’s because, as with the Ghostbusters reboot, insecure men have seized upon Wonder Woman and its all-woman screenings as evidence of a misandrist, matriarchal uprising that threatens their place in the world. Maybe I’d secretly hoped those men were right.

Gal Gadot is beautiful and talented.

>It triggers feminists
Is Wonder Woman /OurCapeShit/?

>passes this strict test
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BUT NOT ENOUGH

Feminists are genuinely more autistic than this place.

>tfw Wonder Woman is a feminist filter, but not in the way you expected
In case anyone was wondering if they really wanted her to hate men. Yes, they did.

how do you even find this stuff? do you go out of your way to look for angry feminist blogs so you can post them here?

Don't know but Gal is /mygal/ now.

BGGWTF

Don't really consider myself an expert on superheroes but it's funny to see how pussified the average moviegoer is when Wonder Woman is portrayed as this gallant figure who can do no wrong and plays coy with her enemies when in the Video game Injustice she literally turns Harley Quinn into a shiskabob. I would love to see Gal Gadot cut people in half and shit down their throats

Injustice WW is the worst WW though.

Injustice Wonder Woman is one of the worst version of Wonder Woman to exist, and Wonder Woman had other terrible characterizations in that vein before.

>based WW triggering mcucks and feminists
/ourgal/

Literally the only good thing she does is trying to kill Harley.

>presumably so they can do sex things
>SEX THINGS

What kind of "adult" speaks like this?

Someone who tried to do sex things and was endlessly rejected?

>giving any attention whatsoever to the hormonally imballanced SJW pseudo-intellectuals and their agenda-centric "critique" of entertainment
baka desu

My only question is actually when Chris Pine says he has no idea what love feels like. In that instance did he say he was a virgin or that he didn't know what being in love was? Or both?

>barely passes the Bechdel test after several consecutive scenes that do nothing but pass the bechdel test
Jesus christ what the fuck does she even want?

>butch-of-center

It meant that before meeting her he only pumped and left. He had meaningless flings. He never felt real luv.

Every scene must be women talking to each other about feminism or the movie is sexist.

Gal Gadot a cute

Also some of the "women" must have penises or it's not truly representative. See: "The Vagina Monologues" controversy

Someone who lists her dildo as her "partner" on social media sites.

kek

>her capacity for consent is somewhat blurry
If she didn't want to fuck she could've snapped his dick.

>barely passing the Bechdel test after the opening scenes on Diana’s home island.

Fucking Etta Candy is with her for most of the movie.

SJWs aren't mentally mature enough to be considered adults. It's why this dumb bitch is crying about WW not being capable of consent, she's projecting like a motherfucker.

ARE THERE ANY MORE WEBM OF gADOT DOING CUTE THINGS?

>this one dyke says it's not femnist just ignore the reviews, director and king cuck whedon goyim.

>energizing woke-feminist manifesto

>Oh, goody. Now that "Wonder Woman" has attained a 93% positive score on rottentomatoes.com and looks like it will become a massive hit, we can look forward to an avalanche of overblown, CGI-driven comic-book movies featuring hot-looking, kick-butt heroines. This, supposedly, is what feminism looks like in 2017?

>Yep, Diana Prince, aka Wonder Woman, has long been touted as some sort of feminist icon, but in reality she's just a bodacious fantasy figure created by a man named William Moulton Marston. And whether in her comic book incarnation or her '70s TV persona -- played by the extremely curvy Lynda Carter -- WW has always been able to take care of herself- but also has been a major sex object.
What's wrong with this picture? Just this.

>Your daughters need to understand that these are not the role models they should be paying attention to, that physical strength is fine, but some arbitrary standard for conventional beauty is about the least of what matters in this world -- and that Hollywood only rarely cares to tell the stories of the brainiacs, the brave girls, the nerds, the achievers, the people like, say, the "Hidden Figures" women who have made a real difference in the real world. But don't let them believe that Wonder Woman is an empowered feminist.

edition.cnn.com/2017/06/02/opinions/wonder-woman-you-call-this-feminism-beale/index.html

This gif makes me rock hard.

Honestly it's nice that feminists exist. They're a female version of a neckbeard, just as clueless about real world.

She seems to forget that she's watching a capeshit

It's a man.

why is she so perfect?

>"man"

my.mixtape.moe/hhghha.webm

Wtf? I love WW now! I love Gal now!

>DEJAVU
Unironically GOAT webm.

Not surprising really, they're both at the extreme end of the horseshoe.

>tl;dr Gadot is hotter than me and that is not ok

>slate.com

no.

>Perhaps I, a person who writes about gender and feminism every day and hasn’t seen enough superhero stuff to be impressed by the mere existence of a female protagonist, am the wrong audience for this film. Perhaps I was too distracted by the figure-skater dress Diana wears for most of the film, sculpted with tiny bumps for her apparently ever-erect nipples

Why even write this article if she clearly understands that she doesn't get it?

> Diana has lesbian sex
> YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZ WE WUZ QUEENS
> But she also has sex with a man
> But she is so innocent that she can't really consent
>So he raped her
> BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
> But the lesbian sex was totes consensual !!! Nvm she is innocent and can't consent
> YEAYAZZZZZZ QUEENZ
How can they contredict themself in the same piece ?
Do this individual not possess the least amount of intelligence ?

I think it's a case of just having the false expectation that Wonder Woman should hate men. You know something's wrong when people are mad about this.

Seconding this.

She also kills the kid that hosts Shazam and decapitated aquaman waifu in that one dcau movie.

Your post is pretty ironic, I kinda feel for you.

>ywn be gal's goy toy
JDIMSA

But they basically confirmed she was all about the pussy too.

"Men are unnecessary for pleasure." Unless Amazons are all virgins that just masturbate constantly. So the logic that Steve is there as confirmation she's straight is hilarious.

Diana didn't believe in that though, she said that she read all about procreation and sex... on books written by Amazons.

We saw that in the movie she was an outlier in that sense.

Remember when shitbusters came out swinging at men, then a week later it was all about how it ACTUALLY wasnt femshit it was against it somehow (cause it flopped)

Now look what's happening, wonder flop.

Well not all rape looks like violent rape. She's making the argument that Diana is basically mentally handicapped when it comes to sex so she can't consent because she was raised with all women. Which is retarded because bisexual people exist, and she literally has a conversation with Steve about how she's studied twelve books on sex and pleasure.

Mmmm I can see that but they don't really go that much into it other than that conversation which is pretty vague about her personal experience so we really don't know. I just think the virginal Amazonian princess is a retarded idea. If that gets your rocks off go ahead.

>you live in an age where capeshit movie is taken seriously as a part of socio-political discourse

Time to go outside

lmao even Slate readers are going in on her. What an embarrassing article.

What the fuck. I thought she wasn't hot. I'm in love with Amy Adams completely but Gadot looks really good there.

>talented

was only looking at amy the whole time

How exactly she isn't feminist?

Reminder that her and Amy slept together, Gal even said so

I have nothing against the movie, but the woman only screening was quite a silly thing. There's nothing like trying to show you're oppressed by organizing something that nobody can actually complain about, while trying really hard to bring down anything similar on the other side.

Also we live in times where women feel so empowered already that "bringing them up" feels almost like a waste. Like there's no point anymore.

>A single male feminist is writing clickbait telling women what to think about a feminist icon

If that ain't mansplaining then I don't know what is

No one was actually trying to bring down a male showing of anything though. Alamo actually said if anyone wants to make one they're perfectly happy to host it just like they did with WW

>not all rape looks like violent rape
Seducing and carrying a woman is a kind of rape then? haha oh wow

And I say no one in the general sense. I'm sure there were some crazy fems that were saying that but general audiences don't give a shit and the business hosting it doesn't care so those people are decidedly outsiders in opinion.

>Well not all rape looks like violent rape.
Yeah but that literally wasn't rape.

Sup Forums really doesn't give a shit about this movie. After the leaked webm came out they just laugh at it.

>he doesn't want a bf (female)

Bretty much this.

>tourists spamming ww threads on Sup Forums for days
>p-pol isn't triggerd

Hahaha yeah I like making up bullshit to pretend to argue with something too.

If someone has literally no knowledge of sex or relationships then it's highly unethical to have sex with them because they are incapable of making an informed decision on whether or not they consent. If someone doesn't have the brain structures to understand those things then even moreso. This is why most countries have legal age limits on sex.

Wait, is there lesbian sex in this thing?

You may be thinking of r/the_donald

w-we don't care guys!

Nah it wasn't, I agree completely. I was just explaining the retarded authors logic.

Man must be a tough way to live being an assblasted liberal every single day

>she will never beat you up

Nope, but Diana has sex with Steve.

Implied. It's an island of only women and Diana says the Amazons have a dozen books that are basically the Kama sutra, and the Amazons believe men are unnecessary for pleasure.

Inustice is an alternate reality thing.
Mainstream Superman in the comics would literally never kill anyone ever ever x1 gajillion because he's just the best.
In Injustice he's a mass murderer. Don't take characterisation from it.

There was a case in New York or something recently where these 5 young guys were accused of raping this girl in a park and terrorising her dad.
Anyway, turned out it was a consensual gangbang and the girl and dad got paid. But the feminists said she couldn't consent because she was underage.
Anyway, turned out the girl was over 18. So some people were saying that this was a form of rape because...
Anyway, turned out when they arrived she was already fucking her dad. So this was incest and he had clearly been grooming and coercing her to do this over a period of years.
Anyway, turned out she'd been sent to foster care when she was 2 and had only just met her dad again after she turned 18. So some feminists said she was drunk and thus could not consent.
Anyway, turned out everyone was drunk so nobody could consent.
Anyway, turned out feminists really aren't happy with any of this. They were sure this poor woman got raped, they just weren't sure who did it or how.
Anyway, turned out one of the guys she fucked was 14 so the only rapist was in fact the woman.

But WW didn't come out attacking men. It's not the movies fault that women only screenings are happening.

It's also not shitting on a classic movie franchise and going rara girl power fuck men everywhere. Wonder Woman is capeshit so of course she's going to save the day and be kicking ass. It's expected.

I don't care either way for the movie but nowhere have i seen it marketed as a fuck the patriarchy movie.

That's why retarded feminists and sjw and Sup Forumstards are all pissed.

I'm sure it's a fine movie by cape / comic standards.

pls cite

No.
Nobody gives a fuck.
You're just SEETHING at a Mongolian adult coloring book chatterbox site
Pafuckingthetic

>Sup Forums never gets autistically upset at movies
>only Sup Forums does

really makes me think

Oh boy. I wish i had it but there is an image out there with a list of like 70 different "types of rape" a woman can endure by men

the sex scene was completely out of place and retarded
so was every other aspect of the movie
>it shits on the accomplishments of WW2 vets, and extorts the injuries for dramatic effect
>the film never once mentions hitler
>the film has scenes where the nazis wake up from their haze and all start hugging
>they hug a native american
>the very idea that britain would employ and american to go undercover as a german is so retarded it makes me question how anyone considered this a good idea, let alone how anyone considered this to be the most important plot point in the entire film
>not once but twice does this american successfully go undercover and steal an aeroplane
>the 'whats going on' schtick was overused and painfully acted
>the whole film was a joke, and not even because of the feminist angle
>'thats no mans land. no man goes there'
>WW goes there and pulls the entire british front behind her into nazi occupied france

Is there a better bane for a lady than Gal?

Notice how whenever someone mentions Sup Forums someone immediately has to come to their rescue?

KEK

Finna gal gadot got both the cucks and bucks finna seething, based big dimes gal gadot working the Sup Forumstards and Sup Forumsmblrcucks

have sex loser

Here's the (You) that you crave so much, you filthy little (You)slut.

i get snatch on the regs boyo