Why isn't tv like lit? Like it's film counterpart. We can critique classic screenplay, tropes...

Why isn't tv like lit? Like it's film counterpart. We can critique classic screenplay, tropes, write scenes that are on our minds, pitch cool ideas and rate them.. discuss life thru movies. Instead all we have is capes or memes, stale ones at that

/lit/ survives because millenials don't read

because /lit/ doesn't have to include Sup Forums to begin with
also /lit/ could never push memes like Sup Forums can
basically it's apples and oranges

It should be called /me/ because it stands for media and the way Sup Forums loves the smell of its own farts.

Because /lit/ has people who know that difference between "it's" and "its".

/kino/ when?

Even co is better than us. They discuss actual content instead of same shitty memes again and again. They don't have constant le DChad le Marvelcuck fights. They don't melt over if some random whore on twitter posts something cringy. They don't have constant hate threads on other fandoms..

But /lit/ isn't like that for the most part, it's filled with the same kind of threads you can find on here - how to into x, (inane) memery, bait threads to get people riled up and shitposting about one of endless topics, circlejerks; the only difference is the volume of traffic the board itself supports and the immediacy/relevance to contemporary events and fads of the media.

Sup Forums is just shittier because people can consume movies faster than they do books. The posters are the same.

Because television and movies still have a huge normie component while literature is almost exclusively for intellectuals/pesudointellectuals these days.

Well, to be honest, there are tons of overhyped low/mid brow shitty books out there, crime, romance and other shit, but people don't feel the need to discuss them.

fpbp
But seriously, this. The average age of /lit/ is a good three or four years older than Sup Forums.

It's also hard to take someone's opinions seriously when they use "your" and "you're" incorrectly, see less than one film per month in theatres and are unable to present an informed opinion without using buzzwords.
/lit/posters read at least semiregularly, use appropriate spelling and punctuation (for the most part), and don't demean newfags who ask for material clarifications or reading suggestions.

Nope, /lit/ still actually has intelligent discussion that is on-topic, even when accompanied by memes. Sup Forums today has become a true shithole, I used to defend this place but not even I can anymore.

/lit/ is 99% highschool AP English and freshman college Literature curricula

Not saying that /lit/ is actually worse than this latrine, but I've been hanging out there long enough to understand that, behind the moderately wider vocabulary and "on pointedness" of the discussion, it's always about the same trite social and communicative routines that shit up most of this site - the same pettiness, the same quixotic revanchism aimed at the entirety of the world, for good or bad reasons, the same hollow ability to copypaste "sources" to prove your point and WIN that fucking discussion, as if it could be done...

/lit/ doesn't have /trek/

Film is a brainlet medium, literally any tard can sit down, watch Reddit's Top 250 movies, memorize some IMDb trivia, and call themselves a "cinephile".

Film and television are in the same tier as video games and anime at this point.

>literally any tard can sit down, watch Reddit's Top 250 movies, memorize some IMDb trivia, and call themselves a "cinephile"
Correct, and a meaningful component of our cultural and intellectual relationship with cinema and the secondary media it spawns (eg. criticisms, manifestoes...)

>Film is a brainlet medium [...] Film and television are in the same tier as video games and anime at this point.
And this is where you (apparently) let your ideological perspective impede a fruitful experience with cinema, creating a hierarchy motivated, it seems, by distaste and a need to create a difference between you and your perceptions of others.

Because /lit/ is basically a Marxist board, they have political motivations. We just want to watch TV and Movies and have fun

You could try making a thread about what you just listed, you dumb nigger.

I never understood this types of threads or the ones that ask for /film/ board or something.
If people really wanted to discuss the art of film and all it entagles you would just create threads for them and discussion would happen.
"Oh but no one would see them", you say.
I find that honestly hard to believe. And even then there would be no need for an empty /film/ board.

>We can critique classic screenplay, tropes, write scenes that are on our minds, pitch cool ideas and rate them.. discuss life thru movies
What's stopping you from doing this right now? On Sup Forums?
Especially the pitch ideas and rate them things, that shit is pretty normal on this board.

*tips fedora*

I've been to /lit/. Your favourite books are mandatory middle school reads. You fucking suck

Because including TV on the board invites a host of morons.

Didn't say there couldn't exist a valid hierarchy, only that the underlying motivations that could be understood from that post couldn't hold up to discussion.

From my personal experience, it's pretty hard to get people interested into something as simple as discussing Japanese cinema after Ozu and Kurosawa - I advise you to try and create a thread about cinematography. You tell me how it goes.

>/lit/

more like /lit/tle guys

what is there to discuss about it? it would end with
>the lighting is nice
>no it's not you pleb

Well you're right about that, though it basically comes with the territory.