Essential Vietnam Kino

Should these be watched as a trilogy?
Should The Deer Hunter be included as essential?

Rate them from best to worst

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N7qkQewyubs
letterboxd.com/settingsun/list/the-complete-letterboxd-vietnam-war-films/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I believe these three are the A-Team. B-Team is We Were Soldiers, Deer Hunter and Causalities of War.

What about Hamburger Hill?

bump

Apocalypse Now, Full Metal Jacket, Platoon. The Deer Hunter is really not that great of a movie, I honestly just didn't enjoy it. The only parts I enjoyed were the parts with De Niro's character.

Jacob's Ladder.

Not really about the war at all even if it all takes place during the war technically

Shit thread

>That imbecile still says kino!!

Sorry this isn't another cunny or BLACKED thread, I thought we could actually talk about movies for once

take out platoon and put in deer hunter. i personally like that the best of the three, than apocalypse now, lastly FMJ. all are fine tho. i know theres a lot more to pick apart with the other two in terms of how well it was shot and structured, but something about the deer hunter sits well with me. it felt like they captured the town and people well, but maybe thats because im from a hick town like that and i do hunt.

Awww yeah op. Here's a nice fresh dump for your shit thread

>kino
Fuck off.

>literally shitposting

youtube.com/watch?v=N7qkQewyubs
Thread theme.

Why does that word trigger you retards?

SOME FOLKS ARE BORN

Wew lad! The kinotard is getting angry. Kek!

BETTER RUN THROUGH THE JUNGLE

Gr8 b8 m8. Deerhunter is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better than the other shit you've listed.

Is it worth getting if I like the others though?

Add this at the end of your trilogy to lighten things up

Do other countries have movies that represent Vietnam during that time?

I want a film about South Korean troops in Nam, apparently they did a lot of fucked up shit there

The ending always cuts me to my core

There's got to be an imdb list for this kind of thing right?

They are already ranked from best to worst in your image.
AN >>> Platoon > FMJ

letterboxd.com/settingsun/list/the-complete-letterboxd-vietnam-war-films/

Found it