Is this the best comedic performance of all time?

Is this the best comedic performance of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aj7Znz_5NrA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

one of the few movies where I don't want to hit Ben Stiller in the face with a shovel.

Nah Walter Mitty was kino

He needs to direct more. Tropic Thunder and The Cable Guy have great direction and set pieces.

Watch anything with John Candy.

You're welcome.

are you fucking serious? kill yourself for thinking this '''''''''''''''''opinion''''''''''''''''''' and for liking this reddit ''''''''''''''''''movie''''''''''''''''''

>dude hes white white but get this, he pretends to be a stereotypical black guy!
>dude holy shit this is the best comedic performance of all time!

>Billy Murrary Scrooged

Yes. Easily.

>What do you mean you people?
>What do YOU mean you people?

Now listen closely,

FUCK YOUR SHIT AND YOUR FUCKING SHITTY OPINIONS AND GET BACK TO LURKING OR I'LL TAKE A SHIT FUCK IT AND FUCK IT AND FORCE FEED IT TO YOU! GOT IT? GOOD!

In the beginning, absolutely.

It fell apart in the end when he went back to being an "aussie".

how did it fall apart just because of that? Even his aussie accent is pretty good

not even the best comedic performance of that movie

OK this is

youtu.be/aj7Znz_5NrA

>how did it fall apart

It just wasn't funny.

What made it great was the fact that he held character no matter what the fuck was going on, but they ruined it with all the emo shit at the end.

>Kirk Lazarus: Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

explain

"They have no fear of death" scene is underrated as fuck. People only ever talk about NEVER GO FULL RETARD or Tom Cruise's scenes (which were both good, but still)

Kino level quotations
Movie is full of them

>big ass titties

the Meet The series is GOAT family comedy tbqh

It might just be. But Tom Cruise as Les Grossman screaming in rage at a vietcong terorist group almost stole the show.

>Listen here Lance. Lance? What the fuck did I just hear 'Lance'?
>Did you say Lance?
>No
>That sounded like Lance
>No, I said Nance

The cinematography alone makes Walter Mitty worth watching. It's a very well shot and cozy movie.

The joke is that RDJ isn't an Aussie either

I want you to take a step back and LITERALLY FUCK YOUR OWN FACE

>character development ruined it

What. All movie they're asking why he doesn't break character ever and it's revealed at the end why.

Cruise was great.

These were the worst scenes in the movie.
HOOOOHO WE GOT AN A-LIST ACTOR TO BE SILLY
HE'S TALKING JUST LIKE WE DO IN THE FRAT
SO REAL
SO DOWN

I can hear the applause just by looking at it.

"Character development" is not comedy. It's a cheap cop out to capitalize on audiences feelings in case they didn't laugh. It's never deep or necessary. It's half the reason "loss" became such a big meme.
Half-ass drama + half-ass comedy = whole ass shit show

>he pretends to be a stereotypical black guy!

He does it really well though.
And it's not really a stereotypical black guy, it's a caricature of Mister T.
And more than that, the humor is in the interactions; and the way he refuses to break character confounding the other actors around him.

Like the other user says, the gag even continues when the makeup comes off, because RDJ is so obviously not a blonde hair blue eyed australian.

The movie overall might be like 3/5 but that character is fucking funny.

woah you sound cool. hey everyone we got mr cool in here