Shit Godshitta

Well this was shit.

Why did Sup Forums hype it when it came out? I downloaded it back then and had it stored on my SSD for months and finally got tired of it being there and watched it.
Literally only good part was the Eva laser beam/s.

Why are his hands like..pointing up like he's carrying a box

Well this was great.

Why didn't Sup Forums hype it enough when it came out? I downloaded it back then and had it stored on my SSD for months and finally got tired of it being there and watched it.

Literally only bad part was the Eva laser beam/s.

daily reminder that Sup Forums released the subs for this not /m/, not /jp/ and definitely not Sup Forums

Those were good theads

it reminds of the 'when they asked me what happened to x' meme

>when they asked me what happened to tokyo

OP here, forgot that this qt2.10 was the other good thing about it.

Nah Rare remake to understand and honor the first. There was that same existential dread and nuclear allegory, more pertinent now than ever. The creature itself was fucking awesome. Very good film.

Dude they combined Hedorah with Godzilla.

I gotta assume you just don't like Godzilla in general. I've been watching this shit since I was a kid on fucking TNT monster marathons and shit so I fucking ate this movie up.

>not understanding the philosophical connotations of a monster attacking modern Tokyo
>didn't get the incredible and symbolic visuals
>not enjoying Master Sagisu's score
>being this much of a pleb

Anno-senpai's works are too much for you. It's ok, no need to be mad for being a stupid little fuck.

>it's an anno lazily "deconstructs" yet another genre series

Boy, am I impressed.

>philosophical connotations
Yeah yeah user, we know it's always about nukes, it's not even subtext, it's literally the energy that powers this Godzilla. Can't even remember the previous Godzillas tb h

>nukes

Not that user, but that's not even it. Try again.

>nukes
Just like i said, Anno is too much for you, user. It's not 1953 anymore.

nuclear power not "nukes"

important distinction in this era

95% boring bureaucracy and non-stop talking, 5% cool Godzilla stuff.

i bet you watched the shorter version since you say you got it way back, watch the full length one

It's one big Fukushima reference that made your typical overworking Japanese man feel good about his overworking.

Also the buraeucracy stuff was fucking ridiculous, good humor in a monster movie always makes it good.

murrica

>watch godzilla
>japanese politicians are talking
>suddenly TOTALLY NOT DECISIVE BATTLE starts playing
Truly this man deserves the title of Le MaƮtre

Anyway pretty good movie, but Anno treats his own political ideas a little bit too heavy-handedly.

Is Shin Godzilla the ultimate pleb-filter?

It was great. I disliked having a sub for every different person or place, mostly cause it looked stupid with the Japanese and English subs on the screen at the same time. I think it would have been fine without them, didn't add anything.

I laughed so fucking hard when I saw this