So this movie pretty much confirms that Scott is a hack. The movie also exonerates Lindelof in whole...

So this movie pretty much confirms that Scott is a hack. The movie also exonerates Lindelof in whole, or at least in part for the disappointment of Prometheus. Apologize Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lTmlYKiLBHI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The only apologizing that should be done is to Ridley Scott for the inane plebian criticisms of Prometheus that caused Fox to force him to make its sequel an Alien movie.

When Covenant is Prometheus 2, it's awesome, and when it's Alien, it sucks.

I didn't watch Covenant because Prometheus was really shitty and it looked like a very similar movie.

You're telling me that this movie is so bad that it will improve how I thought of Prometheus and to apologize. Why would I apologize here?

This. Most Prometheus haters boil down to "IT NOT MUH ALIEN".

Not really.
Most of the criticism was delivered at Lindelof and his shoddy script/characters.
Covenant ain't perfect, it would have benefited from being a pure Promehteus sequel. But it has a much stronger script and much of the hate is unjustified.

That's kind of bullshit though. There are very valid criticisms of Prometheus, but a fuckton of the criticisms from fans basically did boil down to it not being Alien enough for them. Which is retarded.

Covenant may have been more solid, but I feel like the mystery, atmosphere, and concepts of Prometheus are better. It tried to be something different, whereas this one kind of feels like Ridley caved. It's like this unholy mixture that doesn't work.

>That's kind of bullshit though.
Not really, I think majority of us here were on board with Prometheus not being an Alien film but only sharing a universe like Ridley explicitly stated it would be during pre-production. Heck, I remember discussions before it came out where people where more exited about potential bridging between Alien and Blade Runner in a shared universe.

>but a fuckton of the criticisms from fans basically did boil down to it not being Alien enough for them.
Yeah, but much of it comes down to Prometheus going half way in that regard.
I think most of us found the shoehorned proto-alien at the end to be a bit too far in the Alien direction, with a minority disappointed it didn't go further.

>Ridley caved
I think this was more a question of funding. The studio probably told him he couldn't have it his way this time around, there had to be more Alien in it. Which is a shame, but at least we didn't get as many useless braindead characters behaving like bi-polar retards via Lindelof.

ITT: millenials who can't understand art.
Go on, ramble on about muhh space suits while completely missing all the allegories, even when they're being shouted right at you.
True.
>I learned of their ways
Would've loved to hear more about this, but I think the movie came out fine. I fucking cringe whenever I see somebody complaining about "muh xenomorph in bright day list, it should be hidden in dark vents just like in the original 1979 film that was severely technologically constrained".
Any GENUINE Alien fan would've loved it, despite the shitty CGI at some parts.
If you didn't get nerd chills when the xeno walked through the engine fire while being enveloped in an indigo hue, you are not an alien fan.
If you did not pop a semi when the xeno headbutted through the window in that truck thing in near the end while letting out an angry screech, you are just not a real Alien fan, and you should probably stick to AvP and video games.

Personally, I found the characters in Covenant to be even more retarded, and bland. I can actually remember most of the crew and their personalities from Prometheus. The crew from Covenant is just sort of an amorphous blob plus Daniels and Walter

No Lindelof is not exonerated. Yes it confirms Ridley is a hack.

Prometheus's major crime was shrinking the Alien universe. No longer is there some vast unknown filled with ancient monsters. Turns out that creature we called the space jockey made humans. Lindelof is responsible for that as much as Ridley for going along with it.

Ridley's sin in Alien Covenant was doubling down on that universe shrinking by making David the creator of the xenomorphs. Why go along with the Lindelof premise, Scott? Sad hack director.

>No longer is there some vast unknown filled with ancient monsters.
Found the AvP-tard.

Just finished the film and am literally posting from the theatre. Pic related.

Was much better than Promotheus. kys.

To me the introduction of the engineers expands the universe. If they made xenomorphs, who knows what the fuck else they have out there? They apparently seeded a bunch of shit, and they're total assholes, so I doubt it was all sunshine and rainbows. Hell, who made them?
I don't know. I just like the weird mystical elements to it. The weird godlike, yet violent, flawed, and mortal element about the engineers. This futuristic, yet magical world. It embodies the whole magic is just science we don't understand yet thing.

>millenials who dont understand art
>is probably some gen-z 18 year old
yes please educate us with your high school level wizardy

I'm an AvP tard and it doesn't really matter to me. Humans eventually create their own Xenomorphs in AvP. Synths and A.I. eventually try to wipe out all humans in AvP. The sense that Aliens are some unknown threat had long since been abandoned in the AvP verse. Basically everything that has happened in Pro and Cov has happened in the AvP verse just in a different order.

its still a completely Aliens story

What pisses me off is even when these movies are shit, the actors still get on these mini behind the scenes shows they play for 15 minutes in between a movie on HBO/starz/sho/etc, and they talk about how great it was and what a visionary the director is and how awesome the sets were.

How about some truth, you fucking criminals.

Movie ticket refunds should be a thing. I think im going to start charging back everytime im decieved into seeing a shitty movie.

Prometheus is the more "epic" and unique scifi movie, so I'd argue it's the better of the two.

However, Lindelof definitely fucked with the movie and made it noticeably worse than it could have been.

On the other hand, while it was a more "pleb" movie, by the same token, Alien: Covenant was more enjoyable to watch.

tl;dr Prometheus is better, but the one I'd want to rewatch is Covenant.

I miss Gladiator

Why can't he just make more movies like that.

feelsbadman

He was corrupted by edgy opinion and politics....

Make more of youtube.com/watch?v=lTmlYKiLBHI

Nice cool and sad scenes

Sorry, Lindelof. Also, The Leftovers is awesome. Thank you, Lindelof.

sad thing is that (and this is especially true of prometheus) there is potential for a decent sci-fi movie here, but by being tied to the alien franchise it has to jump through hoops so we get our quota of visual alien references, and everything has to come back to the xenomorph plot-wise

david's character and the engineers are fine. where it loses me is with the xenomorph itself. it undermines and takes away from the more interesting ideas of the new movies, and also takes away from the mystery of the original

but yeah, scott is a hack, there's no way around it. he even admitted that the only reason the xenomorph is in this movie is for fan service. it's pathetic - the movie ended up revolving around the xenomorph, so by that logic very little of the movie is genuine. what a waste

he did

OP, firstly, yes, Scott has descended into hackdom but FUCK NO, Lindelof doesn't get off the hook because he's a piece of shit who writes moronic trash!!!FACT!!!

>Movie ticket refunds should be a thing. I think im going to start charging back everytime im decieved into seeing a shitty movie.

if you get this pissy over an Alien flick you should kill yourself. also movie ticket refunds are a thing, brainlet

WRONG. This is a terrible sequel to Prometheus.

>Okay Shaw let's go to the Engineer planet and learn why they want to kill us
>Okay can you give me a body again? I know I caused the destruction of the entire crew but can you do it for me anyway?
>Also by the way when we go to land on the planet I'm going to genocide the entire engineer species for no reason, and we will never know why humans were created or why they were going to be killed

Covenant fails as a sequel and a prequel.

AVP isn't and never will be canon

are you capable of reading?

First, I said that the major issue with this movie was that it was an Alien reboot instead of a straight Prometheus sequel.

Then I said that I liked all the parts that were clearly ideas\concepts earmarked for Prometheus 2, while I disliked all of the Alien parts.

kek

>blame the director for the screenwriters fault
Every time.

People keep saying this as if it matters???