There Will Be A Boring Ass Movie I Will Have To Pretend To Like In Order To Maintain My Intellectual Status

There Will Be A Boring Ass Movie I Will Have To Pretend To Like In Order To Maintain My Intellectual Status

There Will Be Plebs Who Dislike This Because They Don't Understand Plotless European Filmmaking

Who hurt you, OP?

>like this movie
>don't talk to anyone about it at all
What does this say about me?

Intellectuals like this movie? Since when?

The acting is great. It's good but not worth rewatching.

There Will Be Blood? More like There Will Be Oil! Lol

Kek

>it's boring on purpose bro lmao!

It says you have no friends

Just because you don't like slow movies doesn't mean it's boring.

agreed, the end really felt like it added an hour of viewtime

It's true

When OP outs themself as female

You pretend to like things to impress people? How's that working out for you?

Quads confirm you're a fucking loser lol

Only dumb retards don't like this movie.

Pls no bully

it's not boring, you're just retarded

Don't worry, I have boyfriends either.

Why would you need to pretend to like it? it's a great movie.

>TWBB
>boring
Found an overstimulated millennial off his adderall

movie is good

the redpill is that DDL is only slightly above average.

Paul Dano on the other hand....

I. DRINK. YOUR. MILK-SHAKE!

I DRINK IT UP!

only good part in the movie, imo

Retard here: did Paul Dano have a twin or was I bamboozled hard? I was legitimately confused for a bit.

Also, was the whole movie really nothing more than the rivalry between DDL and Paul Dano? The rivalyry only seemed apparent when DDL was forced to confess and when DDL beat Paul to death after forcing him to denounce God.

>did Paul Dano have a twin or was I bamboozled hard?
only because they couldn't cast anyone else as his brother

>Also, was the whole movie really nothing more than the rivalry between DDL and Paul Dano?
It's a character study and the end scene just hammers the point home of Daniel Plainview being a ruthless and incredibly petty man. Paul Dano while undeniably classic as Eli is just there to provide a counterpoint to DDL's madness, success and maddening success.

I actually feel embarrassed putting this on my favorites list because it's not a pre-70's foreign film

Old Country for No Men sucked, should I watch this?

>favourites
>anything but french new wave and possibly 1 Kar-Wai/Kurosawa flick
wew what a pleb

>Liking There Will Be Blood is shows intellectualism

Pleb detected. If you wanted to talk about a movie that psueds liked for status you could name drop some Jodorowsky

Don't bother just neck yourself

why would your opinion of No Country for Old Men in any way influence your opinion of There Will Be Blood? the only thing that have in common is that parts of them were shot in roughly the same area at roughly the same time.

I wish I could suck my own dick

Plotless European filmmaking? I would just call it a character study. I dont even know what you are saying.

Based!

>tomato? i would just call it a tomato.

This is fucking breezy compared to the stuff I have to pretend to like to maintain my intellectual status.

This is a good, extremely watchable film.

So, what's the milkshake thing about? That's all I want to know

>my only favorite part of the movie is le ebin reddit moment
good for you

There Will Be Big Guys

It's a good movie. I'm glad I'm not so retarded that I couldn't genuinely enjoy it. Sucks to be you, OP.

THANK YOU OP.

I completely fucking agree with you. PTA is a fucking hack and anyone who unironically thinks he's ">le greatest director of his generation!" is literally Plebbit, they love him over there. Jesus, if he was one of the best directors of his generation (which may be true given that I'm not yet familiar with all of this generations filmmakers, beyond Nolan, Tarantino, etc) then we can undoubtedly conclude that modern-day commercial cinema is truly garbage relative to the past. If TWBB is one of the best films of the 2000's, then HOLY FUCK cinema has absolutely fallen to shit. I have no idea why its so frequently mentioned beside No Country for Old Men, a movie that's actually good and actually deserves to be on a list of best modern-day films.

Fuck PTA, he is a pretentious piece of shit, and is in no way, shape or form an "artist". The ">UV ABANDED MUH BOI" speech and so much else in that film is nothing more than a way for PTA to convince plebs that he is "sophisticated" and allowing DDL to overact to his heart's desire. The ending was absolute left-field pretentious bullshit too.

Fuck you PTA, you can fool Reddit, but you can't fool Sup Forums, where people can actually think for themselves and recognize when they're being fed some pretentious-ass tripe that they're expected to be impressed by. The first hour was decent though, I will admit that. I liked the dynamic between him and his "son" H.G.

>beyond Nolan, Tarantino, etc
this copypasta would be good if it weren't for that bit, gives it away

Jodorowsky's isn't even close to mainstream, unlike PTA. PT Anderson is to pseuds what Wes Anderson is to hipsters

Not a copypasta, I was being honest about my lack of knowledge regarding the current generation of filmmakers. Keep in mind that doesn't mean filmmakers that are working today (Scorsese, etc), but filmmakers that are classified under the latest "era" of directors, which include Nolan, Tarantino, PTA, Lars Von Trier, Spike Jonze and the rest of them. I haven't properly watched people like Jonze's or Malicks work and therefore can't comment on them yet, even though from the outside I'm certain they possess more merit than the garbage PTA shits out

I fucked up my greentexts, AGAIN. I can't fucking do them. I'm gonna try one more time...

">" greentext

pls work

it just has to be at the start of a line, dude

for example >this doesn't work
>but this does

FUCKKKKKKK. Can a helpful user PLEASE tell me how to greentext, I am new to this site, yes I migrated from Plebbit but I align with the consciousness of this forum and wish to be able to greentext like you guys. I have tried several times now to no avail. Pls help :(

(also I get dubs so frequently despite hardly posting, its pretty cool. dubs confirms)

ahh thanks man. im gonna try several possibilities:

">thank you user"
>thank you user
">" thank you user

hopefully one of them works

dubs again, wow, I honestly think this website must like me or something. that's literally 3 dubs out of 5 posts. k so its the middle one, meaning just a > symbol, no quotations. thanks based user

Am I retarded? I just noticed the cross.

Go back you bitchass the_donald niggerfaggot

>Sup Forums
>where people think for themselves
>posts stale pasta

Fuck you, I'm not one of them, though I will admit to having visited that sub a few times.

Could you at least google the paragraph before mistakenly writing it off as copypasta? And yes people on here think for themselves, at least more than most other forums of the internet. Like I said I came from Plebbit, and browsing Sup Forums has been an absolute blessing in comparison, in terms of people's taste levels here.

Oh look, it's a retread of the No Country For Old Men "pleb-filter" thread from the other night.

why is boring always your go-to buzzword. it doesn't even make sense here