About to marathon the Friday the 13th series, what am in for?

About to marathon the Friday the 13th series, what am in for?

A fun time -- until you get to 8; and you will be confused with 5.

lots of long draw out scenes of people puttering around waiting to get killed, and even when something actually happens they always cut away from the gore

End it at 4

Agreed. Just watch Night of the Living Dead. They'll never cut away.
never

they are good hangout summertime films
mostly good atmosphere, like sleepover nights when you were a kid

if you had friends, which if youre here you didn't
so just imagine friends

1 - fine, sets up later backstory, not essential viewing

2 - best in the series but Jason doesn't have his mask and the ending is ambiguous

3 - gets his mask, good characters, good ending, best final girl.

4 - corey feldman gets blue balls, boring ending kinda ruins 2's ending.

5 - not a FT13 movie. Not in any way.

6 - Tommy Jarvis v Jason, pretty cool. Up there with 2-3.

7 - Jason v Carrie, skippable.

8 - Can't actually afford to shoot in NY very much. Kinda lame.

All the rest - skip.

Reboot - eh.

I love first film, think the final scene makes it essential. otherwise this list is perfection.

The best Jason make-up and he only gets like 5 minutes of screentime.

100% correct summary. Most people give 7 higher praise because of Jason's design and Kane Hodder finally playing him, but it's truly a piece of shit movie with horrible characters and unbelievable censorship.

Also, isn't it really sad Hodder started playing him as soon as the series went to complete garbage? He loved the character and gave Jason so many of his iconic traits and didn't even get asked to be in Freddy vs Jason.

The new Friday the 13th game is hilarious fun and just like playing the movies some times. Of course I only play as Chad Kensington and am a total douche to the other counselors.

good for you they show the ending scene of the first film in the recap of almost every other film

>skipping Jason X

You are the worst kind of person.

feels a lot like 2-3 and bits of 6

8 good movies 2 decent ones 1 terrible one and the remake

>Skip part 7
pleb detected

what's good about 7?

its basically carrie vs jason

Only bad thing is that it could have been much better if it were not for censor cucks

>tfw part7 directors cut never

see

I had that plan once but I gave up after the first movie because it's utter shit.

>not a FT13 movie. Not in any way.
except that it is, and there's nothing you say otherwise. Also, by the logic of "hurr it doesn't have Jason as the killer" would mean the original isn't a F13 movie.

The only reason people hate on the movie is because Jason isn't actually the killer. If he was the killer, people would be raving about it.

why is jason goes to hell the most entertaining one? is it because they broke formula and allowed the movie to make fun of itself?

Part 5 is totally a Friday the 13th. Seven is worth checking out and the remake is one of the better horror remakes ever made. It feels like a straight up sequel.

>skipping any of them
>V not a F13 movie
>Chris is best final girl
>1 isn't essential viewing
>"6 is one of the best"-fag
>reboot is "eh"

You're the worst kind of casual horror movie fan.

>watching the ones you don't like to gain imaginary neckbeard cred

You don't have to watch them, but if someone was like "hey I'm going to watch all the F13s, what should I expect", I wouldn't immediately go "Oh, you shouldn't even attempt to watch these ones". Can you be a more presumptuous faggot? Probably.

I don't remember anything about it except the beginning. I was under the impression that we'd be seeing some sort of Spawnesque Hellscape which Jason would kill his way out of. Imagine the disappointment

Hell had the best gore FX. KNB really outdid themselves on that one. It also has one of the best Jason costumes. Too bad actual Jason is barely in it and it reeks of 90s straight to video horror.

Still not as bad as everyone remembers. Also has the best sex scene.

I'll have to rewatch it. I watched them all in a marathon with friends and stopped caring around the time he got resurrected with lightning

2 > 4 > 6 > 1 > 5 > 7 > 12 > 11 > 8 > 10 > 9

Is 6'4 tall enough to pull off a high quality Jason outfit? I can also wear boots with a big heel to increase it further. I'm already a big guy in other areas, I just don't wanna do it if I'll look silly.

Put 9 in front of 8 and this is exactly my ranking.

*cha cha cha pah pah pah*

Only watch the ones produced by paramount.