What was his endgame?

What was his endgame?

Nice Fazoli's you have there.

Being the only good thing that has ever happened to capeshit

To jizz all over every planet.

He was one planet but he wanted to be every planet.

Being relevant again.

Why did they kill off both him and Yondu?

He wanted to escape from a dystopian New York... oh wait.

To be reunited with his son... or become the universe... or engulf the earth with asphalt... or something

>that studio head sperg who loved it so much he forced them to remake it but in LA

God can you imagine having that kind of sway on the film industry?

James gunn said he wanted the movie to have consequences in a q and a he did kn kikebook, he also said yondu is staying dead

I respect that. Oh well

marvel is creatively bankrupt and is just making the same movies over and over, thats why. because it worked in the other movies.

But user... they both died in the same movie

It wraps up the theme of father-and-son relationships throughout the movie. Quill has to both bury the idealistic vision he had of his estranged father (as children do when they come of age and see their fathers not as the superhuman gods they believed them to be while growing up) while coming to terms with Yondu being an actual father to him, and the tragedy that it took his death to reveal this truth. These deaths are the deaths of Peter's childhood, becoming his own man, no longer bound by the unspoilt image of his missing father, nor the safety net provided by his adoptive one.

Say something negative about Kurt Russell.

I'd say having a mullet is a stupid hair cut, but he's seriously the only person I know who can pull a mullet off and look good doing it.

>tfw you'll never be anywhere near this fucking handsome at that age
His god damn hair is fucking fantastic. Jesus.

He wasted his seed on Goldie Hawn. Though Kate Hudson used to be hot as shit. That must have been all Kurt's DNA doing the heavy lifting.

I'm not that handsome now, and I'm only 24.

Well I mean shit, look at him hereHow do you compete with that? I usually think long hair is stupid as shit, but he somehow makes it work.

He starred in a Marvel capeshit flick

>he somehow makes it work

It's the eyepatch. You can do anything you want with an eyepatch.

Try it.

That isn't his daughter. He's a cuckold.

Overboard is the worst fucking movie ever made

>random, mostly separate series about wacky space adventures has more consequences in it than the entirety of the two Avengers movies and all the Avengers character's separate movies combined, including fucking Civil War where the worst thing that happens is Don Cheadle breaks his leg or something
GotG2 made me realize just how shit the rest of the Marvel franchise is besides Gunn's own shit

>movie totally ignores the infinty gems and thanos plot
>kills a worthless character for cheap shock
>they repeat the same lesson about family unity that was already been taught in the last movie

>isn't shit

what did he mean by this?

>movie totally ignores the infinty gems and thanos plot
Good. It's a shit plot.
>kills a worthless character for cheap shock
It wasn't really shocking or surprising he died. He didn't get Game of Thrones'd where he just suddenly bites the dust out of nowhere. He just dies, we see it coming, and it feels like a natural part of the plot.
>they repeat the same lesson about family unity that was already been taught in the last movie
Partially. Family is a theme of the movie, yeah. The first movie is more about coming together as a team than a family though.

Without a beard he's terrible.

I don't think anyone can compete with Timothy Dalton.

the whole plot was just taken from Hegel's master slave dialectic
the ego, or literally Ego in this case, realized that he wasn't alone in the universe, which shattered his idea of reality
as a result, he wanted to go back to being to return to his former views on reality
this doesn't actually work because you can't get rid of the knowledge that others exist or once existed, but he doesnt know this and tries to go through with it anyways

GotG is the only Marvel series worth a shit. I haven't watched any of the other movies in years.

Are you telling me this movie was pure kino?