This is gonna flop isn't it? There's almost no hype

This is gonna flop isn't it? There's almost no hype.

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=starwars7.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>no Felicity Jones
Yep

Wouldn't it be pretty great to see that happen and shit hit the fan in hollywood

normies are finally realizing disney wars movies were pretty meh.

Second Star War movie in both trilogies made less than the first, and that was without a movie like Rogue One watering it down inbetween.

No chance of it flopping. But yeah, I kind of hope it does.

I used to be a huge Star Wars fan but at this point I'm more excited for the next Jurassic

It's over for Star Wars, Sup Forums said so

>Star Wars
>Flopping
No, it's never going to flop. Even when Normies get sick of it, it's not going to flop.

Well, yeah, but they're still going to watch it.

Honestly, VII made zero impact on anyone, aside from Nostalgia fags

There's no hype because Rogue One was so fucking boring and because there's no real trailers out, just a 20 second snippet random bullshit.

I mean flopping compared to expectations, not it makes only $50 million

But seriously, we can't let George Lucas get the nuclear codes

>there's no real trailers out, just a 20 second snippet random bullshit.

they're hiding how epic it's going to be bro!

but if Rey turns heel I'll give them credit, it's the only thing that could save it.

I want Star Wars to go away and never, never ever come back.

The fact that its ME who wants that is probably enough to ensure that it never ever will.

I mean, why can't we have a space opera type movie that isn't either Star Wars or Star Trek or something that doesn't have "Star" in the title?

and they say Reddit spacing isn't real

>Le rebbit spacing! a-am I rite u guise!?!

>It's not okay to be sick of/dislike Star Wars

Please, please PLEASE end your life.

Problem is the actors who play rey and finn feel fake and cringey as fuck. As if theyve never gone outside and got their hands dirty before.

And to make it worse, they are upstaged by stronger actors and even stronger characters.

Disney fucked right up with their diversity agenda.

are there other jedi in this series?

autist can't into social nuance

Why don't you end your life

Instead?

only in your fantasies

>Star Wars
>flopping

the only thing consistently right about Sup Forums is that Sup Forums is almost always wrong about everything

Because I don't fanboy shitty over-staid-welcome movies.

Star Fags is the single worst thing to ever happen to science fiction film and you know it.

You all know in your hearts that we're going to get 2-3 Disney Star Wars films per year for the next decade. And they'll break box office records because nerds,social justice types and the 'Asian market ' will eat up each progressively worse installment and clamour for more.

No, you chauvinistic cis-scum patriarchal pig. How dare you even ask.

>they don't know Avatar is back on the menu

wew fellas

Thanks for stopping by RLM.

>And they'll break box office records

that's what you dorks said about TFA

It's not science fiction.

Shit b8

yeah, that's relevant and not an autistic comment to make at all

I suspect that Disney doesn't give a crap about diversity. However, they do give a crap about penetrating the black, Asian and female markets.

Joke flew right over your head, dense faggot.

you'd be wrong, the Jews took over Walt's baby with the purpose of killing any white attempt at controlling Hollywood and are using his own studio to destroy the white race

Disney has maybe underestimated just how exciting annual Star Wars releases might be?

I'm calling it now, it'll do somewhere between Civil War and Rogue One money. So not technically a flop but behind the scenes the Disney boardroom will be in flames because that'll be a straight billion less than they expected.

Well movie 2 in both trilogies made less money than the first, so they would have to expect it on some level. I think they figure doing one SW movie a year for 5 decades in a row will end up making them money.

YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY HYPE

Yet another example of how Sup Forums's echo chamber keeps you out of reality.

People loved TFA, it was a smash hit for normies and critics. If Disney can give more Rey and Finn, then nu-Jedi will make billions

It's the beginning of Summer user, this movie comes out in December. Why would you expect there to be any hype right now?

It's Star Wars, you could feel the hype in June 2015. Now it's obvious it's another Jewish shakedown.

Who cares what people like?
There are people that swear by $9 lasagne without ever having tried anything else.

It's a stupidly written movie in that everything as so far as character development is resting on the sequels.

Not a bad movie, but not an interesting one.
They played it safe, made the Episode IV references and then everyone clapped in the theater.

Wow.

But seriously we can't let James Cameron get the nuclear codes!

When you eat a nice fat juicy hamburger for dinner it's just so enjoyable and fantastic and... but on day 8 of hamburger month you're just fucking sick of the sight of them.

It's not gonna come out for half a year. Expect it to pick up in a few months

It's impossible for an official star wars movie to flop; it's -star wars-.

No they aren't.
They will eat it up.

Not him but that post is clearly in the context of OP thinking it's going to flop. Rather than any objective statement of quality as you're taking it.

People will go and see every single one out of obligation, no matter how bad or good they get.

He's right actually

The fuck it isn't science fiction.

it's a fantasy in space, name one science fiction element

People didn't see Empire Strikes Back or Attack of the Clones out of "obligation". Of course there are a lot of pathetic slaves to Disney marketing compared to what George was doing, so you could be right.

While it won't flop by any stretch of the imagination, and will definitely brake a billion, we should also remember it won't be making 2 billion like TFA did because it doesn't have the "no Star Wars movie in a decade" factor helping it, and it's genuinely amazing that Rogue One only barely managed to cross the billion line at the last second.

The movie's only hope of making Disney rethink how it's doing things is if it under-performs far beyond their expectations.

The film doesn't come out for 6 months. What do you expect? They've probably focus-grouped the marketing and know people are fatigued after Rogue One and their 30 superhero films a year so they'll suddenly start dropping shit in September, maybe even October, to create a hype that doesn't have to last long. Another easy billion for Disney.

TFA didn't make 2 billion

But people did see Revenge of the Sith out of obligation, because it was neither hype or hope the bad one was a one off instead of how the trilogy would be as a whole that did it.

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=starwars7.htm

yeah Disney forced it over 2 billion to save face, it didn't actually make that much.

Wonder Woman beat them good at doing le empowered female hero. People already had well done female capeshit this year, and theyll compare.

Why would they "force" anything when just making more then The Avengers 1.5 billion would have done just that given the fact no Star Wars movie ever did that unless you adjust for inflation.

They wanted to take out Avatar, don't be coy

>name one science fiction element

Uhhh.... Space ships? laser swords? sci-fi technology? Aliens?

I know you're just pretending to be retarded but come the fuck on..

So they could cook the books enough to cross 2 billion, even though that's still well over 750 million less then Avatar?

ok those are fair points, but it's not based on the science, it's just a backdrop for fantasy elements. George based it on Buck Rogers not PKD

Probably will because of those alt right assholes who will purposely ignore it because they can't handle a white woman,black man protagonist combo.

Yes. You're dealing with Disney, the most soulless corporation out there.

But there's no face to be saved, just making more then any of Marvel's movies ever did would alone make it look "big" and "back"

you underestimate the stupidity of normies. If it says star wars, they will show up.

They bought Star Wars to be the biggest thing ever forever, this isn't some random capeshit. They want Avatar money, but got tricked by JJ into making some nostalgia fest that wasn't even filmed completely in 3D.

But it wasn't going to make Avatar money no matter who made it. Hell it was going to make about 2 million no matter how it turned out because it was all hype on nostalgia anyway.

Plus while it isn't random capeshit, they paid as much for it as the capeshit so making more then it is by default a win.

literally 8 months until release and a thread everyday.

There's no way this makes less than a billion, and that's turning a huge profit assuming TFA budget.
It's near impossible for disney to fuck this up. They're gonna make money on star wars even considering the 6 billion buyout if you factor in merch.

lol, Star Wars fanboys and just your good old redditor was convinced it was going to do $3B , don't rewrite history

Yeah but those people are idiots who got called out on their shit by pretty much everyone

no one bought the nigger's toy and all they did was add some ugly gook broad

It could easily make 3b if it was a competent movie.

No matter what the fanboys say TFA was mediocre in quality.

I'm eating kylo ren cereal right now nigger

I don't care if it does or not. I'm going to see it and enjoy it. I'm excited that it's going to be just like Empire Strikes Back. Pretty much my favorite movie ever made.

yeah once it was obvious it wasn't getting Avatar level repeat business, but the whole goal was to make as much money as possible. I think they actually have a chance with 3 if they make Rey the villain and go full throttle on the 3D but I find both to be unlikely.

what you think disney was gonna do? not run it into the ground mercilessly lel

It's structurally a fantasy with a science fiction aesthetic.

It's about a boy who becomes the chosen one and has to learn to become a knight who can do magic during a great battle between good and evil, to save a princess from an evil wizard. The fact that there are lasers and robots is purely just for show.

It's like how game of thrones is a political drama in a fantasy setting. The whole point of game of thrones is to go against what defines fantasy as a genre

A Star Wars movie may flop someday, but not anytime soon. You may literally be retarded.

your mother sucks strange cock for free

which is why the tv show fucking sucks now. Game of Thrones is supposed to be a political drama but is now just "look at this cool cgi battle and omg who are we going to kill next!?"

No. Game of Thrones sucks because there are no good characters that you audience feels about. Star Wars is the heroes journey and will always be loved.

>Game of Thrones sucks because there are no good characters

Objectively wrong

Arya is about a million times more interesting than Rey, even the biggest marketing weasel for Disney Corp. would admit that

It won't flop because even eople who hated TFA are willing to give it a chance. Disney was smart enough to get a different director for each movie so that people would pretend it's gonna be good this time.
However, if it's a crappy movie just like TFA or if Luke character is failed like Han Solo. I'm not sure people would be interested anymore.
I personally will never pay for a Disney Star Wars ever again.

No, that doesn't happen. SW sequels always make less. This could be different but I see no reason why.

And even then, the people who hated TFA are statistically a really really tiny minority.

Outside of Sup Forums it's almost purely "great with maybe a few nitpicks"

Literally everyone I've spoken about it with IRL liked it (other than my mom, who's just bitter because she's a massive trekkie)

LOL, faggots will stop at nothing to try and rebuttal anything because they simply are unable to like TFA.

1) TFA was successful because it made a fuck load of money.

2) TFA is liked by many star wars fans.

3) There is nothing you can do or say that will make people not like something.

4) it doesn't effect you whatsoever if other people liked something that you don't like

5) its just a movie, go outside or kill yourself

On a side note, I can't wait for episode 8. Don't care what other people think about it. I loved TFA and I enjoyed the fact that it was just like the OT. I don't care for the prequels. I don't care for Rogue one. TFA is one of my favorite star wars films. Can't wait for 8. Rian Johnson is a good director and writer. I'm happy he is trying to keep it visually similar to Empire Strikes Back. If this triggers anyone, kill yourselves. People who spend all their time regurgitating their hate for this movie is far more of a loser than the people they disagree with for liking the movie.

I'll see you in the threads before its release.
Come on, it's 2 hours long. What do we have to do

>Phantom menace being worse than Attack of the Clones

user...

If you think this is going to flop you are insane. Normal people don't jerk off to lightsabers and the most boring sci fi series all year in anticipation for the next flick.

People see wow it's coming out in a month, let's get hype so we can pretend we're nerds and actually give a fuck. Also there is not many films coming out at that time so it will make a killing. Seriously how delusional or being a prequel cocksucker do you have to believe that this shitty franchise is in any way going to die down.

Rouge one was a side story. Noone cared. Episode 8 will be different.

>arya
>stronk female
>gets stabbed in stomach and nothing happens

Rey is better than any fucking character in GoT. GoT is normie tier garbage. It's not well written. People praise it for just being hip and different. In reality, characters that develop and never complete their arc are just poorly written fluff. The prequels, TFA, even Rogue One is better written than game of thrones.

It was made to be liked you tasteless plebe, it was a Big Mac when people hadn't had McDonald's in years. Now it's just a greasy burger no one wants. It'll do good business but less than TFA.

Is it okay if I hated TFA but I don't care that it did well or other people liked it? I thought the movie sucked did but I wish the best for Disney and hope they create more successful Star Wars films, even though I won't go see them.

>showfags having an opinion

Again, this is why the show sucks. Arya as a character is better than Rey, they've just fucked the show up so badly now. The statement "there are no good characters" is nonsense cause while the show has ruined them, the original characters themselves were great.

I'm not sure what you mean. I have zero interest in the Disney Star Wars. I gave them a chance with Rogue because everybody said it was good. It was actually 2hours of fanservice with a completely stupid script that looked like a videogame mission.