/who/ - Doctor Who General

Requiem for an ass edition

twitter.com/Patrick_Ness/status/871255794137911296

Cancelled:

Other urls found in this thread:

wikihow.com/Use-"i.e."-Versus-"e.g."
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I want ram to ram his ram in my ram

>BBCAmerica in particular absolutely LOVES the show.
Is Class actually getting good ratings in the US?

Yes, which is why the BBC's silence about it is so baffling.

What is considered a good rating for BBC America?

Has anyone considered that neonvisual is changing his wiki page because the "coming soon" section is written as if the first quarter of 2016 hasn't passed yet?

Cease & Desist Notification Served Ticket 330098 IP Geolocation Logging Set
Durrington
British Telecommunications PLC

>(You)

The guy whose cassette player got destroyed -
that was destroyed by a bullet
Why was he getting shot at by a human?
How strong was that plastic cassette player that it could stop a bullet?

Bill was pretty quick to shoot someone dead having never fired a gun before
did she even take the safety off?

Why did they say the human race had become slaves? The monks took control of power and killed some dissenters, but they didn't force humanity to work for them did they?

4 people, which is 2 more than average.

It's impossible to say what exactly Monks did to people, because this episode kept saying "humans are slaves lmao" but didnt show anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=lfbkw72GkBA

would she have been a good companion, /who/?

What are the ratings?

Is this some kind of play for audience growth on BBC America? Why is Moff letting his saltiness for Trump infect his scripts?

>Fake News Central

>Why is Moff letting his saltiness for Trump infect his scripts?
Because writers put their emotions into their scripts, and trump has made left wing people incredibly emotional

>Because writers put their emotions into their scripts, and trump has made left wing people incredibly emotional
At this rate the series finale might just involve he Doctor pulling a Kathy Griffin. I have no fondness for Trump, but this is just a pathetic attempt at shit flinging. At the very least he could actually attempt intelligent political commentary or satire.

Intelligent political commentary would require some political awareness. And white intellectuals have none, they only know how to scream "Nazi" at things they don't like.

I only came to /who/ because how awful last nights episode was, I've never even heard of class.

Is it any good?

Not really. The plots are weak, the cast is weak and mismatched with the show, the villains are weak and character arcs are confused and rushed. The only thing good was the ending cliffhanger that made one wonder why didn't they start there.

The regulars pontificate in rooms these days and affect the outside world by some kind of long range osmosis of will. All the exciting stuff happens off screen. They cut away or fade to black and tell you what you missed in another boring meeting.

No confrontation with the enemy who decide off screen not to use their insane powers over machines and biology from last week that we still don't understand, and none of their simulations from two weeks ago warned them about leaving the door open.

Truly terrible drama, not entertaining in the slightest. I think I know why Capaldi is leaving.

fuck i recognise that marvel graphic novel collection
anyways this is tegan 2.0

Shame

Can someone give me a rundown on why this season has been so shit? I'm just a casual Dr Who fan and don't really follow anything about it outside of watching it. Apart from Extremis the story feels really boring and the constant "End of the world/humans" is getting dull, did they fucking outsource the writing or something?

Watch the Sarah Jane Adventures instead

What did you think of S8 and 9?

That depends, are you a homosexual and do you like melodrama?

3.01 million watched The Lie of the Land.

So what was Missy's great idea at the end of TWF?
To be executed?
To be good?

tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Donald_Trump

>In DWM 503, Steven Moffat answered the question, "What does the Doctor make of Donald Trump's decision to run for President of the United States?" Moffat replied that "although the Doctor normally takes no part in politics, he is disgusted and turbulent with rage" and went on to say that the Doctor has seen a parallel universe in which Trump won the election and the world was plunged into "certain doom".

Oh boy, I think we're going to be getting some more Anti-Trump propaganda this series.

Regeneration music was beatiful and the scene itself could be very impactful if it was real, but "its a ruse haha" ruined it.

Also, do you think Bill living in a totalitarian society shooting people will be reference again, ever? Or shes back to being usual student?

So the doctor now has the ability to emit regeneration energy whenever he wants?

S8 had a couple bad episodes from what I remember, but overall was good
S9 was much, much better.
S10 just feels like they sniffed a shitload of glue and wrote a script

The story would be more interesting if Bill started as a memory police agent unaware of the truth, but remembered the truth later. Instead of some random woman.

Personally I think the biggest shortfall of S10 is how they've gone back to making plots more event driven rather than character driven. S9 had many extended scenes that were just characters talking, and progressing the plot or conveying emotion through that. S10 isn't completely devoid of that, but it's much more spread out

I-I-I-I liked it

it was okay

S10 is the worst capaldi series
9 > 8 > 10
Even a GOAT finale isn't enough to make up for the rest
Leaving was the right choice

Well, you are wrong.

I ... didn't hate it

>Leaving was the right choice
Wrong. Next series will be GOAT without Moffat bullshit. It's shame that Capaldi didn't stay.

>Broadcast at same time as the BGT final

Wow. I thought it would be less than that. Was only expecting about 2m.

chibnall has never written a good doctor who episode

Aside from Heaven Sent and maybe Face the Raven S9 was pretty weak.

Capaldi does creeper face so fucking well.

What happened to the people that were killed?
What happened to people whose whole lives were changed in the past 6 months?
I.e. the students who had the doctor as their lecturer.
Did they have a sub?

Sounds cliche af

wikihow.com/Use-"i.e."-Versus-"e.g."

Cliche are cliche because they work.

Avoiding cliche is like hammering nails with your dick. You can do it, if you have a strong erection and might even impress people with this performance, but unfortunately Toby Whithouse dick is rather limp.

Wrong. Exept 42, his episodes was fun and intresting, without trying to look clever, like Moff do is his every episode. And some of Chibnall's episodes of Torchwood was quite kino. Broadchurch too great — at least writing so much better than all Moffat or RTD stuff.

Line from a stereotypical Eleveth Doctor episode, according to the neural network.

>DOCTOR: Oh, that's a bit of a minute. I can't get the same signals. The stars are still alive. The Doctor is still alive. It's a big family a bit of a start of the same starts. The Doctor is still alive. The Doctor is still alive. The Doctor is still alive. The Doctor is still alive. The Doctor is a big bang. The Doctor is a big back in the stars. The Doctor is trapped in the stairs. The Doctor is still alive. The Doctor is still alive. The Doctor is still alive. The Doctor is still alive.

Stop posting on Sup Forums and start working on series 11, Chris.

TMA/TWF
hell bent

The irony being the opening scene with a british woman being arrested for having illegal opinions/information about an invading force

fun and interesting does not equal good
broadchurch is irrelevant, we're talking about doctor who

>The Doctor is still alive
>The Doctor is still alone

6 months of human history is now wasted
What about all of the video footage that was taken in that time?
The memory changing signal didn't work on time lords. Was it focused on humans? What about all the zygon immigrants?

>broadchurch is irrelevant, we're talking about doctor who
Moffat is bad as Sherlock showrunner, and makes same mistakes in Doctor Who. Chibnall is good as the Broadchurch showrunner. This is an obvious connection that increases the likelihood that Chibnall will be good as a showrunner of DW.

>TMA/TWF
It's a two-parter with about 20 minutes of interesting stuff, some weird additions to Dalek lore and emotional conversation ending with lolkidding.

I'm concerned

They probably only wrote that in there because of the implications of Bill's mom being implanted into everyone's memories.

You are wrong. Moffat doing the same mistakes because he's a bad writer. Chibnall, on the other hand, good writer, so his Doctor Who will be nothing like Broadchurch.

>Doctor Who's overnight rating is the lowest the series has received in its history, with Battlefield in 1989 getting 3.10 million.

t. pleb who doesn't like character drama

Thought The Lie of the Land was pretty good.

>tfw only five more Capaldi episodes

Moffat has actually written good doctor who episodes
chibnall hasn't

the eaters of light will be either gloriously comfy or tedious and dull. these are literally the only two options. Which will it be, /who/?

It's not that it was character drama, it ended with
>LOL Doctor I was faking it to mooch of your regeneration
>LOL Davros, I was faking it too because my clever plan was give you a regeneration so you would drown in living shit

Is it Moffat's plan to hire all the shitty writers in his last season so as to contrast how good he is?

>tfw only five more Capaldi episodes
Not true, he'll be back in 6 years.

reminder that this is a basement

That terminal output looks concerning.

Not how we imagined it at all

8>9>10
MOFFAT OUT

Be prepared for the worst ratings of the series or possibly Nu Who with The Empress of Mars

What's the synopsis again?

>fun and interesting does not equal good
m8

Is this another incarnation of Moff's dominatrix fetish?

>What if we take a typical bad Matt Smith episode but write it for Capaldi
Oh yup

>bad Matt Smith episode
Aren't they all was...?

Like forrest in the night or whatever franks last one was called

Something about lost Roman legion. Who presumably ate all the light or were the light that was eaten, let's make bets on it.

Am I the only one who thinks doctor who went to shit from season 9 and this season is filled with nonsense and pure jackshit drama or forced liberal thinking?

What are the worst and the best single episodes of nuWho? Ones that require little context to be enjoyed on their own?

I've been watching S10 with my friend. He's Not a Doctor Who fan, he just wanted to see what all the fuss was about and why I liked the series; I wanted to see what he thinks of it as a non-fan. He thought the early episodes were okay but the latest lot have been shit.

I didn't think much of the latest ep either, but I told him it doesn't seem as bad to me in comparison because the show has been much worse.

So now I want to show him the worst nuWho episode, followed by the best to demonstrate the highs and lows this show is capable of. I was thinking Fear Her for worst and Blink or Heaven Sent for best.

>MONKS WERE ONLY HERE FOR 2 MONTHS WE WUZ KANGZ BEFORE THEY CAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see a lot peoples like Edge, who just obsessed with the Tenth Doctor. But no one feels that about Eleventh or Tvelvey. Your excuses, moffatchads?

The original creators of, and actors in, the Doctor Who IP wouldn't have voted for anyone but Trump.

So you're saying that its bigger on the inside?

It might be OK, I've always liked the Ice Warriors but I imagine we'll be spending 50 minutes having

>omg guys le British Empire is so evil fucking white males

Bashed over our heads.

>Fear Her

No, Love & Monsters.

>50 minutes
wait what

>The Lie of the Land pre-Capaldi's "regeneration" scene
SHEEP, huge potential

>The Lie of the Land post-Capaldi's "regeneration" scene
Mediocre filler

Can't believe the 3-parter turned out to be such a letdown. I thought it was going to be a highlight of the season, but it's actually a low point. I'm glad we're back to standalone episodes next week, even if it is gatiss.

Sounds really lame, but at least it's not cringey Gatiss writing that we have next week.

I feel like that's more of a marmite episode. There are lots of people here who like it. Whereas I don't think I've ever seen someone claim to like Fear Her

>Love & Monsters
What was bad about it exept shitty monster and stupidity? It's still better story than Extermis, or In the forest, or The Bells of Saint John.

Oh absolutely. But fucking hell, the Victorian times isn't the only time period Mark

This is my new ranking, I guess.

Extremis
Thin Ice
Oxygen
Smile
The Lie of the Land
Knock Knock
The Pyramid at the End of the World
The Pilot

>Extremis on top
I see some casual pleb here.

Love & Monsters as worst. I agree with Blink or Heaven Sent as best, if you're sticking to single episode stories.

I think Gridlock is also a good example of a very strong "business as usual" type episode. It follows the standard "go to planet, problem arises, solve problem, leave" format of the show (not including the YANA tease at the end), and features some really nice classic sci-fi world building with the whole dystopian highway setting.