‘Wonder Woman’ Conquers the Domestic Box Office With Heroic $100.5 Million

variety.com/2017/film/news/box-office-wonder-woman-opening-weekend-1202453353/

>“Wonder Woman” is officially a box office hero.

>The Warner Bros. and DC Comics film appears to have delivered on massively high expectations — as of the Sunday morning the super hero film is looking at a $100.5 million domestic opening weekend from 4,165 locations.

>Compared with other super hero movies, that’s a larger domestic opening than “Iron Man” ($98.6 million); “Doctor Strange” ($85 million); “Thor” ($65.7 million); but less than “Deadpool” ($132 million) and “Man of Steel” ($116.6 million).

>Patty Jenkins now holds the banner for the best domestic opening for a female director, topping “Fifty Shades of Grey’s” Sam Taylor-Johnson ($85.1 million). Before “Wonder Woman,” Jenkins’ only feature was “Monster” — an Academy Award winner that she made more than a decade ago with an $8 million budget.

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2017/05/wonder-woman-domestic-box-office-opening-gal-gadot-patty-jenkins-1202089623/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/58681079/#58681079
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DC IS FINISHED

BURY IT

This movie is going to have LEGS

probably a 35%-40% drop each week

Use the catalog, fucking mong.

>Compared with other super hero movies, that’s a larger domestic opening than “Iron Man” ($98.6 million); “Doctor Strange” ($85 million); “Thor” ($65.7 million); but less than “Deadpool” ($132 million) and “Man of Steel” ($116.6 million).

So an A list character did better than three B an C list characters (which was Iron Man at the time) but worse than two A list characters. OK.

Wonder Woman is more B list

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breathes in*

MARLEL IS FINISHED

She really isn't.

She's probably A list in recognition but like B/C list in popularity.

>opening weekend
>the weekend isn't over
???

Not really, she's the character most normie girls identify with and like the most and is part of the DC Trinity.

>Worldwide: $223,005,000
I read that it's doing very well in China.

every movie that comes out in China does well in China because they get like one movie a month

>DC manages to accidentally make a decent superhero movie
>people go see it

Not shocking. Here's hoping Snyder gets completely taken off the franchise after how much he bungled Batman V Superman

fans LOVE it

Yeah but who thought that chinks would give a shit about WW? I didn't.

It has yet to premiere in 10 nations.
>Switzerland 7 June 2017
>France 7 June 2017
>Albania 8 June 2017
>Greece 8 June 2017
>Germany 15 June 2017
>Netherlands 15 June 2017
>Norway 16 June 2017
>Belgium 21 June 2017
>Egypt 23 June 2017
>Spain 23 June 2017
>Japan 25 August 2017

Why is Japan always so late? Also Spain's release date is weirdly late too.

>better than Iron Man

They do know Iron Man is 9 years old, right? Adjusted, it made 123M opening weekend.

Why are we so late in belgium wtf ? And i'll have to drive 30h minute to see it in original version and not that stupid dubbed french version
Feelsbad to live in plebland

Who would give a shit about Transformers other than a group of people that just never get anything in their theaters?

CGI shitshows don't get nearly as exhausting when you only get a few of them.

Also Wonder Woman is actually a pretty good movie until it nosedives into the ground in the last 30 minutes

>Barely did better than a 9 year old movie

Holy fucking shit! All hail the Mother of Kino!

I watched it dubbed too unfortunately but at least we got it one day before the US.
Although I have to admit that it was retarded, since we had a National holiday and the following day there was a football match that literally everyone was going to watch (me included).

Was a failure outside the US

and It will drop 70% next week

next time bring a T HI CC and charismatic actress

>Was a failure outside the US
>Foreign: $122,500,000 54.9%
>has yet to open in 10 foreign markets
The hell are you on about?

feels bad that the executives probably ruined her vision by making her add in that CGI shitshow at the end

They were the ones to add the CGI fight at the end, it was reported.

38 million is ok, not that great

CHECK THE FUCKING CATALOG YOU DUMB ATTENTION WHORE

Adjusted for inflation, Iron Man made 121 million, and he was a literal who

Damn you are retarded

>$100.5 Million Box Office
>Empty theatres

Yeah, this is definitely a money laundering scheme.

The more they know Zack is a Hack,the better

>But overseas, Pirates 5 continues to find plenty of treasure, earning another $73.8 million and jumping the $500 million mark globally. In some markets, such as Spain, it prevailed over Wonder Woman.

>>Spain Release Date 23 June 2017
Jesus christ how much will disney shills embarrass themselves over this flick?

But Wonder Woman literally hasn't opened in Spain yet.

>better opening weekend than Logan, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Doctor Strange and The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Really makes you think

YOU SHOULD HAVE APOLOGIZED Sup Forums AND Sup Forums

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO GET BTFO SO HARD?

DAMN IT FEELS SO GOOD TO BE ON THE RIGHTSIDE OF #HERSTORY

@83555173
You don't deserve the you's

Yes you do

It will probably just drop 50%. The usual 70% is because of bad word of mouth. Word of mouth for this has been great.

But Sup Forums is full of DChads that wanted WW to suceed in box office numbers
The rating was a side effect that surprised everyone and made DC the Kino for everyone while Marlel can't even make Spiderman exciting and made Iron man 4 instead

Because the only people who went to see were going to like it no matter what.

Considering the lackluster competition: Another failed Alien, Baywatch and Pirates of No One Cares Anymore, 100M ain't that great.

Posts like these are retarded

You're still replying to a person's post. You put stock into a (You) because you think they have some intrinsic meaning, but all they mean is that someone has responded to the post.

If you really didn't want to give the person satisfaction of a reply, you wouldn't reply in the first place. By making the effort of editing the reply so the post number doesn't get a link shows how bothered you are by the other person's post.

WB thought it was going to open to 65-80M, it has overperformed like crazy

Give him a link or he won't believe you.
>Warner Bros’ next DC Universe movie, Wonder Woman, came on tracking this morning with projections at an estimated $65 million-plus.
deadline.com/2017/05/wonder-woman-domestic-box-office-opening-gal-gadot-patty-jenkins-1202089623/

Is Gal Gadot a confirmed draw?

I remember making this thread 2 years ago and the Gal Gadot haters, Sup Forums, Sup Forums, misogynists and anti-semites all kept saying WW would bomb and fail

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/58681079/#58681079

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO GET SO BTFO?

>setting estimates low so it looks like a success

Dude, they had a trademark character in her first solo movie. It underperformed the completely panned Suicide Squad by 38M dollars. Don't give me any of that ensemble shit. No one knew who any of those characters were outside of Harley and Joker.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH (inhales)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

fucking retards... the tomato meter tells you how much they THINK you will like it. the average rating tells you what it is more accurately. ITS A 7.6 ITS LIKE EVERY OTHER TRASH CAPESHIT FILM EVER MADE FOR BABIES the film sucks femanism sucks women shouldnt have been given the right to vote or have birth control

Imagine being this asshurt about capeshit.

Imagine actually being a neckbeard and liking capeshit

oh wait i dont have to imagine it because Sup Forums is the embodiment

Keep that mental gymnastics going bro

>40 millions more than predicted
>more than comparable capeshit movies with higher budget and more marketing
>literally who """"""actress"""""" and Chris Pine
>underperformed
Tip top kek kuk

Imagine being so autistic that you save your own thread and bring it up two years later to make point

>the most anticipated movie of summer
>only projected for 80M

OK, bro. That's why they have to tout it as "best opening ever!"...

... for a female directed movie.

Next you'll try to say WW was a literally who character and they didn't market it.

WB finally played it smart. They didn't overblow themselves. That doesn't make it some monster success people are claiming.

>I remember making this thread 2 years ago and the Gal Gadot haters, Sup Forums, Sup Forums, misogynists and anti-semites all kept saying WW would bomb and fail
>archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/58681079/#58681079
>HOW DOES IT FEEL TO GET SO BTFO?

I know I was right all the time
The scene of the Catholic Church being destroyed by Gadot shows that I was right
My case is closed