Wonder Woman? No, more like Blunder Woman

Wonder Woman? No, more like Blunder Woman.

The most recent film (if you can even call it that) in the DC Extended Universe is nothing short of an absolute disgrace. After three very strong movies (Man of Steel, Suicide Squad, and Batman v Superman), director Patty Jenkins serves us a plate with what appears to be a dumpster fire on it.

Let’s start with the cast. The movie opens up with Wonder Woman’s origin—something that these movies have pushed on us to the point of exhaustion. Gal Gadot possesses the charisma of a wet piece of cardboard, making it an utter chore to watch her fumble around Themyscira shouting things about “the godkiller” and “my training” while the audience wonders why we care.

This problem is only compounded when Steve Trevor, played by Chris Pine, appears. He out-acts Gadot by such a wide margin that it’s almost embarrassing. Even when the script attempts to make Pine look like an idiot (eg, the extended sequence where Gadot is just staring at him while he is naked), he still manages to play it off with heartfelt sincerity.
Speaking of Trevor, his character is by far the most interesting one in the movie. Patty Jenkins idea of a strong female character seems to be “Let’s make her perfect and give her zero flaws.” No, Patty. This is lazy and insulting. Diana is loved by everyone, found beautiful by everyone, consistently proving everyone wrong, and lacking any sort of internal conflict… until the end. Her arc lasts all of three minutes in the last bit of the movie.

Part 2 Next.

So let’s talk about the end of this movie, which underwent rewrites and reshoots due to originally being “too dark.” It shows. Because what we are left with is an overly sappy, disgustingly cliché bit about love and hope. This contradicts everything the DCEU has shown before and feels ultimately disappointing. The original ending (which you can google if you desire, I don’t wish to spoil anyone who is foolish enough to go see this) possesses far more philosophical punch and leaves the audience questioning everything about their own lives.

Not to mention the climax of the film was essentially stolen entirely from Captain America: The First Avenger.

Perhaps the most egregious mistake the movie makes is trying to feel “epic.” When Diana jumps onto No Man’s Land and starts to cross it, the music swells, implying we are supposed to feel… something. But all I felt was bored as Diana blocks bullets with her bracers. She’s WONDER WOMAN. They’re shooting BULLETS at her. There is absolutely no sense of danger at all. The conclusion of the movie is foregone from the start, there is no feeling of risk and no actual surprises. The two twists that DO happen are telegraphed so obviously that can pick up on them the moment they are introduced.

Every inch of this movie feels like it was stolen from elsewhere and lacks the complexity and depth of Snyder’s and Ayer’s previous entries into the universe. I wanted to like it. It’s just that there is nothing left to like. Diana is shallow and uninteresting, and outclassed by even the most meaningless of side characters.

Over the last few years, I have been growing increasingly more excited for DC’s movie slate as well as increasingly more disgusted with the majority of other blockbusters. Wonder Woman is a massive step backwards for DC overall and leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth: the taste of recycled plotlines and stale clichés coming together to make a focus-group tested mess of a flop.

Why even bother with a Wonder Woman movie if you know you're just going to be shoveling Feminism into it, it's pointless Wonder Woman is supposed to be Supermans wife, why the fuck did anyone think this was a good idea as a mainstay franchise.

Absolutely pointless that they are trying to cash in on the "heroic war hero" that is alive all the way till the current movies, Dawn of Justice, etc.

I hope DC learns from their mistakes, and will remember that Women as a lead will never work. Jokes in this movie are all the normal memes that any Feminist will push onto a project. I'm looking at you Anita.

Butthurt Marveldrones are out in full force today

Fuck you MAN THIS MOVIE FUCKING SUCKS.

Jesus christ

I can't even imagine being so buttflustered.

You need to step down nigga.

This literally isn't even an argument. Come on now.

>Wonder Woman? No, more like Blunder Woman.

>three very strong movies (Man of Steel, Suicide Squad, and Batman v Superman)

Why are marvel shills raiding the board tod-
>WW has made more on its opening weekend than Logan, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Doctor Strange and The Amazing Spider-Man 2
oh I see

Uh when do shekels indicate that the movie is actually good? Fucking normie.

I agree with a lot of what you said. However...

1. Suicide squad was DC's attempt at guardians of the Galaxy from the beginning. It was destined to be shit, studio meddling only made it worse and you should stop pretending it's good just to be a contrarian like armond white

2. I agree that the ending felt like it was going to go in a different direction and ended happily to play it safe, but I can't find anything on Google about an original ending that was "too dark". Do you have any sauce on that claim?

Anyone has the comparison of gaddot after and before?
I cant believe people actually claim she prepared herself for the rule, it is utter cynism.

OP is probably taking into consideration that this was supposed to explain why WW abandoned mankind for 100 years (as stated in BvS). And also that what they initially said about WW (around BvS release) was that "it has some light moments, but it's still pretty dark". And the fact that the reshoots were mostly for the 3rd act.

Saying that she looks the same as when she was in FF or even BvS is retarded.

Oh boy she doesn't look like a literal skeleton anymore, big deal

doesnt stop you marvel redditors from using the argument when your disney movies open

this movie is shit, all the nerd autist virgin demographics for capeshit fell for it because gadot is pretty and has a nice smile.

It's really sad how bootyblasted DC fans can be. The movie is bad, just get over it.

>she doesn't look like a literal skeleton anymore
So why people keep posting that FF beach scene or pictures from literally 15 years ago? She hasn't been that skinny in a while, she's at least 15kg heavier.

>at least 15 kg heavier

0+15 is only 15, bud

Why are you marvel shills so triggered? WW was better than Marvel as a whole but a lot of movies are, no need to spam this shit all the tie¡me

>After three very strong movies (Man of Steel, Suicide Squad, and Batman v Superman)
>Suicide Squad
>strong movie

>After three very strong movies (Man of Steel, Suicide Squad, and Batman v Superman), director Patty Jenkins serves us a plate with what appears to be a dumpster fire on it.

So is Fox going to do their own suicide squad with X Factor now?

>Because what we are left with is an overly sappy, disgustingly cliché bit about love and hope. This contradicts everything the DCEU has shown before and feels ultimately disappointing.

Did he just not get BvS's ending?

Based Armond does it again

desu this movie was shit except for chris pine. he carries the movie enough for plebs to pretend its good. in reality HE is the only good part of the movie. unfortunately the dialogue is mega shit for the most part so they still underutilize him.

when he sacrifices himself there's this 5 second hesitation and look of pain and sadness on his face that honestly made me feel something despite the fact the movie was boring as AIDS

James Mangold disagrees with you, user.

where the fuck did this guy learn to type lmao

More like shmunder woman!

There's a character limit on Twitter.

Is there some kind of jewish superpower that makes people believe a bad performance is actually good?

It explains a lot of actresses out there.

>She’s WONDER WOMAN. They’re shooting BULLETS at her. There is absolutely no sense of danger at all.

How can directors be this retarded? You don't have to be an autistic power levels faggot to know that this shit makes no sense whatsoever. The whole movie until Ares was filler.

>Is there some kind of jewish superpower that makes people believe a bad performance is actually good?
Maybe it's subjective.

Yeah, it's called a penis.

>Wonder Woman is supposed to be Supermans wife

>8.3/10

As if IMDB is a better scale.
I knew this board was going downhill but come on