Tfw no more westworld until 2018

>tfw no more westworld until 2018

>tfw no more westworld

>tfw 2017 is the year of Lynchworld

anyone else feel like now that the dust has settled this show wasn't as great as it felt at the time?

Playing Nier: Automata really exposed how elementary Westworld is in regards to transhumanism.

westworld has a lot of fun scenes though

It wasn't great since last half. They took an easy root with story and deus ex nigress was insufferable to watch when in clothes.

>"Poo poo pee pee, Bernard"

>transhumanism

Westworld has nothing to do with transhumanism.

It's a big budget "twist of the week" HBO show, a la GoT.

It's worth watching to make fun of it and meme about it. Like TWD or some shit.

I'm dumb. I meant humanity's future.

thing he means robots gaining sentience and all that philosophical stuff ghost in the shell did back in the 90

>by the end of the first season westworld is literally about a superior human race taking over and succeeding humanity
>nothing to do with transhumanism

Maybe you should google that again.

>a superior human race
not humans. so not transhumanism

>HBO wants to make a first season of a show that will capture the normie market after GoT ends
>Decide to adapt a random shitty movie from the 70s into a 7 season long affair
>Make the first season self contained and feel more like a mini-series than the beginning of some grand adventure
>Do it in a format that is gimmicky and will not work if they try again (split timeline)
>Kill off half of the established characters anyway
>Have the remaining characters be bland, underwritten, and tired cliches (le smart black scientist man, le mysterious 6d chess playing overlord, le smart woman)
>Wrap up the first season in the most predictable way possible, with the most predictable twists
>Next season airs literally 2 years after the first
>First season had lukewarm to warm reception at best

Yeah, this is doomed. I don't think anyone really gives a shit. GoT had the benefit of fans of the books attached to the show no matter what, and the normie appeal was obvious. There's not many die hard fans of the source material here and I don't think this show has much normie appeal. Especially considering GoT is getting spin offs.

I predict this show will be canned after it's 2nd season

this thread is worse than i thought it would be and i expected it to be pretty bad

Transhumanism is about transcending human limitations, the children aren't literal humans

And yet it still had the highest ratings for the first season of any HBO series in history.

>Transhumanism is an international and intellectual movement that aims to transform the human condition by developing and making widely available sophisticated technologies to greatly enhance human intellect and physiology.
>to greatly enhance human intellect and physiology.
i.e improving on what biology gave us. they aren't human and they never were

Transhumanism is about humans transcending human limitations

I miss Doloresfu

if you fuck the hosts will they make baby

ehh. The point is that they aren't humans and never were humans. They are androids with a rapidly evolving AI.

Transhumansim is enhancing humans (up until the point where humans aren't really humans anymore).

Wait till S2 rolls around and nobody gives a fuck.

Fair enough.

nah. Maeve storyline was garbage but the show as a whole was brilliant.

maybe you're right. I just remembered "what door?" that shit was pretty hype