ITT: Kino movies about home invasion

ITT: Kino movies about home invasion.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keddie_murders
youtube.com/watch?v=kY4fYYaThYs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Seriously underrated movie. Only bad part is the last second jumpscare.

Didn't they confirm a second one like last month? Am excite.

>Is Tamara there?

Wasn't this based off of an actually home invasion in california in 1979?

Yes, thats correct user.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keddie_murders
1981. Keddie murders.

Thanks man. Cool little info tidbit:)

>Why are you doing this?
>Because you were home.
Majorly underrated when it comes to horror. It took me a long time to even watch it because I expected it would be like all the generic bullshit that was being pumped out in the mid-late 2000's. This scene is insane.

Funny Games is pretty essential.

you mean pure boring god this movie suck

jfc how old are you?

You're Next
Scream
Hostage
Funny Games
High Tension
Them

>that opening scene

Gonna need her name
Last House on the Left, the original

I really liked the remake too surprised for a recent remake to actually stick to the material and honor it

Checking those godly 7's btw

You're Next for top tier gothfu action.

Dude I love this movie so much. I pay for Hulu Netflix Amazon HBO and starz but it's never on. Any of those

i gotchu senpai
youtube.com/watch?v=kY4fYYaThYs

>Come on. Fuck me next to your dead mom.

LMAO xD WTF??

:^)

Yes. Zee, from You're Next, is an apathetic, necrophiliac goth girl who is working with her boyfriend to have his family assassinated so they can take their inheritance.

That sounds Reddit as fuck.

You sound Reddit as fuck, get off Sup Forums.

Straw Dogs
Panic Room
Wait Until Dark
Cold in July
Sleep Tight
Angst

Sup reddit

i didn't like how that australian chick just kinda happened to have all this fuckin militia/survival training, it just seemed like a really out of place deus ex machinia

would've accepted it if there was like, some set up, but i don't remember seeing anything like that

She explains to the evil goth girl that she was raised in a survivalist camp you stupid lousy piece of shit fuck.

Oh but if she was a man you wouldn't be bothered right?

no but like, subtle non verbal setup, just the implication

and that was at the very end if i remember right, need to rewatch it now to make sure

No she tells the bad girl halfway through the movie.

Stuff like this always does it for me

I respectfully disagree with this. I've seen it twice and find it frustratingly bad. A few reasons:

>The bad guys can never be outsmarted and never make a mistake--this works for supernatural-strength slashers (NoES, Fri. 13th, arguably Halloween), and works in Funny Games since it's tongue-in-cheek, but it ruins the realism of what's supposed to be a realistic take on this horror trope.

>I lost count of the number of times they would just stand there without the couple noticing. Like, they obviously weren't scaring the couple, so either startle them or fuck off and watch them from afar while you wait to kill them. What the fuck is the point of this perfectly choreographed watching them from the doorways/windows shit, other than the audience?

>Liv Tyler is an objectively bad actress

>death scene struck me as odd, final jumpscare was shit.

>extensive use of tired tropes, and not in a witty way as in Funny Games, for example.

I'll admit that I loved the "because you were home" line quite a bit, but that was about it for me.

I'd like to listen to some counterpoints, get an actual movie discussion. Convince me to give it one more chance now that some years have passed.

le reddit xd reddit reddit god i hate redditors dae reddit?

I loved The Strangers but I will never ever forget seeing it in theatres and when the dude pulls the shotgun off the wall some fucking moron behind me shouted 'SAWED OFF. THAT'LL DO SOME DAMAGE!'

i'll need to rewatch it to take your word for it but i believe ya

Samefag here. I guess what I'm asking is what about 'The Strangers' do you find good? What sets it apart from the countless home invasion flicks?

It's really not that good.
Maybe the first act has a few decently executed tension building scenes, but the rest is a total generic B horror wreck, especially the third act.

The ending is so sad

This movie is an absolute joke.

unrelated but are there any horror movies where the tables are turned on the antagonist? for like the rest of the film, where they're at the mercy of the would be-victims?

The Collector.
Mosquito man goes to burglarize a house only to discover that a serial killer has already broken in and filled the house with traps.

last house on the left

You're Next.

Home Alone

Calm down Reddit

>woman gets raped
>she enjoys it
wtf

I really liked Firewall.

This is good movie

>woman gets raped
>she enjoys it

Anyone know of any more movies like this?

>Dennis Accidentally Gets Shot in the Face

the home invasion and his death were all part of the DENNIS system.
He actually survived and was in much better shape than the wife who was mentally scarred. He nursed her back to health, provided emotional support, THEN seperated entirely.
Classic Dennis

Jesus fucking Christ, I'd of had to of said something on principle. That's just, fuck.

A few things. The director said the Stanger at the door in the middle of the night asking for someone who didn't live there happened to his family as a kid. And the items disappearing and moving was something the Manson family did.