So how exactly were there Facehugger eggsacks on that planet without a queen...

So how exactly were there Facehugger eggsacks on that planet without a queen? Am I autistic and remembering wrong or is Ridley Scott just a hack?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ALKDhmu6GBM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There are no queens, Aliens was fan fiction

The Queen was an invention by James Cameron which Ridley Scott didn't like.

dunno
yes
yes

quads confirms it, Ridley said having a queen just made them big insects which he hated

David cut open Shaw and BLACKED her lady eggs which resulted in Xenomorph eggs.

Really? I always liked the films but never got into the behind the scenes shit really

So he made them experiments by an android instead.

That's correct

It's left ambiguous in Alien where the eggs come from and how they're made, whether another Xenomorph has to create them or if they were engineered. The only explicit way that the cannon movies have shown for the creation of eggs is via a queen though, and while Ridley didn't like it he IS a fucking hack.

Ridley's idea is dramatically more shit at least in my opinion, I'd much rather Aliens just come from a meaner, smarter, and more dangerous Alien than from gay robots.

Hang on aren't the xenomorphs a biological weapon created by the engineers? Why would they want a queen on their ship when they can just drop the eggs?

In Alien the xenomorph was turning some of the crew into eggs, which is way more twisted than either of the two follow ups.

Queen makes sense in the biological weapon context. It gives the ability to spread and replicate to kill an entire planet without having to manually spread the goo yourself.

At this point we should just agree the whole franchise is a regrettable dumpster fire. Just enjoy the first movie, maybe Aliens as well. And block the rest from memory.

Dubs confirm

Wasn't that part cut out of the movie? I know it shows up in the official movie novel however I swear I recall them cutting it because the scene interfered with the pacing. I'm not necessarily sure that should be considered cannon, and frankly the Alien life cycle is so fucked I really don't care what is and isn't cannon at this point.

It was ambiguous but it kinda hinted that David turned Shaw into the eggs somehow. You can see him making mockups of her body that kinda look like Alien eggs when Walter goes through David's shit.

it can still happen, logically you fucking need a Queen to lay eggs. It makes sense that David would turn Watermellon into a Queen or something like that

That was cut from the film.

There's a scene in Alien that was cut from the theatrical cut, but restored to the special edition, where Ripley finds her crew mates from a storage, where the Alien has turning them to eggs. It's far scarier concept than some queen ant laying eggs.

>Ridley's idea is dramatically more shit at least in my opinion, I'd much rather Aliens just come from a meaner, smarter, and more dangerous Alien than from gay robots.

Yeah no idea where all the hate for the alien queen comes from. I always seen aliens as space insects and every insect must have a queen.

Especially considering that one of the primary inspirations for their design and behavior was insects.

Though David did say they were waiting for "mother" which makes me think it's possible that David needs another female to experiment on to make a queen?
Ridley's ability to answer some questions and then ask more is a bit annoying but I'm sure the Alien franchise he's making is purely for money rather than telling a story

He was referring to the ship's computer.

>remembering wrong or is Ridley Scott just a hack?

Scott only made Alien.

The queen was a concept (stupidly) introduced in Aliens.

The queen makes the xeno less intimidating and more stupid.

I'm glad Ridley made it non-canon.

So it goes:

Someone makes embryo/egg > facehugger > chestburster/tiny alien > Alien

In other words, the Xeno is a weapon, engineered, not an animal.

The computer is called mother because that was in the original and nostalgia bait makes people buy more tickets.

Literally everything in the movie could've been prevented if these people had used a protective suit when exploring the planet.

I just cant bear how stupid it is for these people to not follow this line of though:

>Protective suit at all times
>We should first examine the the composition of the soil and the water
>Nobody TOUCHES ANYTHING, maybe it could spread some deadly spores that could kill us all if we didn't have all of this protective gear.

Holy fuck this movie was so bad.

jeez, i hope not.
I think the last thing they need to connect is when Weyland figures out about the jockey ship on LV426, because so far the company is clueless about the xenomorphs or "engineers" existence

Oh and I'd be happy to see the concept return that the Xeno slime turns people into eggs. That's some grade A body horror.

true but it doesn't make fucking sense. If they can turn people into eggs why not just skip that step, the facehugger step, and just turn people into Xenos?

Why? What the big diffrence

I get that a lot of the problems in the Alien universe are down to people behaving like they've been lobotomized, but honestly Prometheus and Covenant were just unbelievably egregious.
>Mapper and biologist run away like faggots because "muh dead ayylmaos"
>Mapper with drones that do literally all the work gets lost.
>Biologist sticks his hand in vagina snakes.
>Oh hey a completely foreign planet, let's just walk around with zero NBC protection because hey the atmosphere is breathable!

I swear, next the people will literally just walk out an airlock of their own volition to get the body count rolling.

>true but it doesn't make fucking sense. If they can turn people into eggs why not just skip that step, the facehugger step, and just turn people into Xenos?

I'm sorry what

It doesn't need to make sense, it's fiction, it doesn't exist. Why should the xenomorph be able to turn people into xenomorphs? That's not even a lifecycle, that's zombie logic.

I'm pretty sure any time I watch Alien from this point on, I'm just going to forget that the rest exist. Aliens and 3 are at least enjoyable, but I feel like they were ultimately superfluous and nothing in this series could even hope to rival the awe-inspiring dread of the first film. Trying to form explanations or "expand the lore" is worthless.

With the Queen background, it makes the aliens seem more animalistic rather than a bizarre force of nature. It makes the xenos look far less menacing if you get an idea of how they work.
With the people eggs, you know they're biological agents rather than living creatures. It removes that tiny sympathy that humans have with animals, and makes the xenos utterly alien. The xeno origin is left nebulous. And of course, the body horror of someone turning from a living breathing human into some shitty egg

"expanding the lore" is to make money. Most thing are scarier when you don't know why something exists. That's why Jaws, Jeepers Creepers, and Predator were scarier.
There's no real reason to figure out where the creature came from when you're more concerned about the character's staying alive.

>And of course, the body horror of someone turning from a living breathing human into some shitty egg

tfw no 2000 colonists to turn into eggs while jacking off

Oh sorry I didn't mean to say the jacking off part

t. not an android

With all the shit and capeshit that Jewwood is pumping out we really shouldn't complain about more Alien movies.

It's the original scifi horror universe.

It's just external digestion. Plenty of animals do it. When a spider does it, the fly becomes nourishment for future eggs. Big whoop

Just because capeshit exists doesnt mean you should be a spaceshit enabler。

it has to make a base line of sense or else it will just needlessly knot up the plot. For example, if the Aliens make eggs out of people, then in order to make 1 Xeno, 2 people have to die. Thats just adding shit to the plot that we don't need.

>woah a new planet lets be careful guys
>merrily skips through the planet wearing regular everyday clothes and no means to defend themselves if something goes wrong

I thought astronauts were supposed to be smart

>For example, if the Aliens make eggs out of people, then in order to make 1 Xeno, 2 people have to die

Not if you engineer the egg.

honestly hes not wrong, its a shit idea for a shit action flick

Why is making a perfect organism so important to David?

Was he actually a secret asshole?

>Ridley's ability to answer some questions and then ask more is a bit annoying but I'm sure the Alien franchise he's making is purely for money rather than telling a story
At least the audience is keeping engaged just by talking about the story, so points for consistency I guess?

So what's his explanation for Queens in Aliens and Resurrection?

>perspective shot of the xenomorph crawling around

Diddley Scott is a fucking hack

>So what's his explanation for Queens in Aliens and Resurrection?

It's not canon, not part of his Alien universe.

I have the DVD and I'm fairly certain that scene isn't in any cut that is currently available. In fact I think that concept was dropped pretty early. Are you saying you've actually seen this scene or just know about it from reading?

I get that people turning into eggs is spooky and that the queen makes them an animal (sort of) but I don't think that removes any horror.
Being glued to a wall to await face rape is pretty scary and it allows people to think of their friends being taken and waiting to die. Plus it encourages foolhardy rescue missions. Plus it allows the creature to reproduce and deseminate over a world.
Also, it can't be solved by simply wearing a space suit.

It's real and it's included in the DC.

well weyland magic takes away all toxins and shit so it all good!!!!

>but why was the planet breathable after the ship got killed,and the covenant crew need no atmo?

>inb4 that obviously paid shill that defended this and every stupid decision in the movie with a harebrained explanation of how bacteria function

but they were just big wasps from the start

alot of the time I hear arguments like this, I like to think its because people don't like the idea of a Master Species that easily predations even the most advanced human society with out the assistance of technology.

thats why Ridley went with this David thing. Our ego is such that the only thing that can doom humans is other humans.

>Other humans
Don't you mean gay robots created by humans?

all aboard the autism train

Why did no one question why a huge crowd of Engineers were clustered in that open area, or even mention it. Like: "Wow, those are the first intellectually-advanced extraterrestrial species we've ever encountered." Nor did they show surprise when it was revealed that the planet was inhabited, its as if they knew and didn't care.

And why did the black goo "incinerate" the Engineers when every other time we see it, it does something else entirely.

The David wanting to make an ultimate killer or something seems like a really dull angle to me; but I guess it's comparable to "the Company's" interest in the alien throughout the series.

Still in the first Alien it's not at all clear why they want it

Aliens is canon. Prometheus and Covenant are fan fiction.

it's dont

because it was a bad movie

can someone post the webm of the xenomorph clipping through the ladder/floor?

Why has no one mentioned the most obvious?

The eggs came from Shaw and David altered and grew them.

Yes, Shaw was barren, but her being infected with the seed of her bf somehow mutated her.

Use your tiny little reddit brains atleast for ONCE! You might understand movies alot better. Idiots.

The alien inst the "monster" in this one. Its David. Compare David scenes with Alien scenes. All of the former are framed and cut in a more terryfying and unnerving way.

Ridley is a genius.

Technology makes us far more dangerous than the xeno though. Most of the aliens lethality in the movies comes down to the characters not being familiar with what they're dealing with and not being properly prepared. Unless there's a creature out there that's biological but can travel in space and shits nukes it's far more an arms race between us and potentially other aliens than inherent killing power with claws and teeth.

No it's not and I have the dvd trilogy too.

She gave birth to the squid, so she's not barren anymore.
Mazel Tov!

Its more easy to headcanon prometheus-covenant as a hardreset or another alienverse than retcon all aliens timeline

Sorry scott but you are shooting yourself in the foot.

David did things to Shaw and she anally birthed dozens of watermelon-sized xeno eggs over and over until her anus was just a big floppy hole

It is, you fucking muppet.

youtube.com/watch?v=ALKDhmu6GBM

2003 DC has it.

The black goo is a plot device that does whatever the writer wants it to do so the movie can continue.

Want a new Xenomorph type?
Black goo spores.
Want a neat cinematic shot of engineers getting incinerated?
Black goo bombs.
Want a reason for a Xenomorph in a pre-Xenomorph moive?
Gay robot spikes a dudes drink with black goo.
Want a reason for a REAL Xenomorph in a shitty sequel?
Gay robot plays with human eggs and black goo.

This shit literally just does whatever the fuck the plot needs it to because the writer/writers are lazy unimaginative hacks.

well I'll be damned

>make a perfect organism
>it has intelligence of a crocodile and cannot use tools
What a garbage plot
Big cats are stronger than us, faster than us and have much stronger senses and yet we completely raped them. If xeno was real and on earth it would be endangered species by now.

imo focusing on the engineers trying to kill humanity and the existential question of life, rebirth and creation etc etc wouldve been better.