What is it like working at a movie theater?

What is it like working at a movie theater?

My current entry level job sucks and i saw that my local Regal theater was hiring.
I'm 19 and live in Washington state btw.

bump

I've been working at a movie theater for over a year now. It was my first job after a few years of NEETdom. Honestly, in a way it's awesome. All my coworkers are cool. Most of the staff is 18-mid 20 year olds so its drama free.The job itself is pretty easy. The employee screenings of movies after-hours are always fun. Sometimes we get to watch movies early. (Watched Logan two weeks before release). Go for it, man.

>most of the staff is 18-mid 20 year olds so it's drama free
Translation : I am friends with none of these people.

4>2>>>>>>

I did penis inspection for a while and it's nice. You get to look at penises all day, some of them are really beautiful, especially the black ones, and the money is good.

There's a penguin movie coming? Will see.

Also might get a job there for the qts

fuck regal.

they have their stupid employees come in the theater and walk up and down the aisles with a flashlight like 4-5 times a movie. it's so distracting and it always takes me out of the movie, but they have a monopoly around here so there's nothing i can do.

how is having 18-25 year olds comprising the entire staff "drama free."

that doesn't make any sense. people that age create the most fucking drama.

I got a job as the popcorn magician recently and it's pretty swell.

Bigger theaters are drama prone, much like working at a grocery store, people gossip a lot.

One of my favorite jobs however, was straight out of high school. I worked at the local budget kinoplex, lots of downtime and everyone got along. We probably could have covered the shift with 4 people but had 8 so half of us would go in and watch movies with customers. Then half way through the shift we would switch. Really comfy

This was before the Penis Inspection Act of 2008 of course

that movie came out years ago.

>tfw can't even get an entry level job
>drop outs, people who've spent years as neets, and crack addicts can
I've gotten my resume touched up, had the job center help, applied to 20 places a day at times and its just not happening. I'm tired of these fucking boomers working retail, go die you old fucks.

keep at it user.

Translation: I'm a fucking virgin shitposting on Sup Forums about social interactions I've never had.

I'm working at a smaller chain Indie theater called Landmark (most of our places are in California, but I'm in the Midwest).

It's a pretty sweet gig, free movies and my coworkers are mostly chill. I talk with the cute lesbian weeb about Jojos a fair amount. Rushes are kinda shitty (Holiday Season makes me want to kill myself) but that's to be expected. We got our midnight movie season coming up which I'm super excited for (The Room, Grave Of The Fireflies, and Love Witch are all in there).

My biggest issue is I don't get enough hours. Well, that and some of the bitchy entitled old customers.

so you're saying that 18-25 year olds are typically "drama free" individuals you fucking retard?

Which one? I'm gonna dump my eeextra large soda and popcorn with all the butter I can pour

5'4" 110lb manlet who worked in a theater for 5 years

Used to mainly just get fucked by a big chad in the back room

For the most part, yeah. Maybe you need to stop hanging out with retards.

I tried to get a job at my local kinoplex last summer. I go to the movies all the time so getting in for free basically doubles how much of my paycheck I get to use.
>ask for an application in person despite it being available online
>need to show them how much I want the job
>return a few days later to check in
>"We don't really need people for the summer but you should get a call back."
>never even got a call to say they didn't want me
>hangingouttodry.mp4
>get a job at a clothing store that I only used my discount at twice and one time was for a gift
fast forward like two weeks
>best friend drops off resume
>they hire her within the week; no interview
I applied to another theater that at least called me back when I wasn't accepted. I go there now unless I'm with the friend with the kino discount.

Worked at a cinemark. I enjoyed it until the regional manager came by and told us to be more strict. Then they expected me to run snackbar, train people, sometimes work box and take shitty manager tests on my days off

It's because she's more attractive than you and/or her resume was actually relevant

I'm currently looking at getting a job at a smaller chain cinema. It's mainly visited by old people and families in the area.
I have a friend on the inside that's pretty confident he can get me in. I'll apply at the end of this year for it.

m8, try working with retirees. They have nothing in their life, but their part-time job. And, by god, they know so much about how everything should be run.

Are they really all girls?
I wish number two (left to right) were male, but i know she isn't

why are there so many fags on Sup Forums? Can't you understand we don't want you here?

>we
You have to go back

I worked at my local cinema as a kid, I worked concession and it was pretty fun, moved to fast food and quit on my first day, burgers got stuck in the machine..

anyways. it's kinda fun it's basically like working a cash register at a mall or dpt store.

No, you need to go back to tumblr or fagbook or whatever other degenerate website your kind is accepted on. We are a bastion against your fag agenda, and soon enough we will drive you all into the sea.

>we
Group think is for redditors

Sup Forums is a website dedicated to upholding the values of Western (White!) society, and that includes displacing and persecuting faggots.

That Mexican girl on the right is a FUCKING QT 3.14!!! I want to marry her

Oh, you were baiting. Well played

Ive down it twice, it sucks. I live in Idaho state btw

It's pretty much high school again.

I served a sentence in the popcorn mines for 3 years, and there was a time when I fell into the manlet pit and it took them 3 weeks to get me out.

>19
>earning good boy points working at a cinema
Sad!

i currently work at a regal, they have some pretty strict bizarre rules. Of course everything depends on the staff, and your area. My coworkers are a bunch straight out of highschool so its a little dramatic and its dead on the week days, insane on the weekends. In my experience it feels like a luxury version of fast food

>I'm 19 and live in Washington state btw.
bet you voted for hillary

yes keep at

>2 free kinos a day
>half off food
>coworkers are chill
>actual work isn't hard

pretty good mane

>voting for either puppet

ke

can't tell if the tall one is a lesbo or a "nice guy"

Where at nigga?

pretend lesbian. some guy broke her heart so now she only fucks women to spite men

royal oak, MI?

OP here.
I didn't vote but i would have voted for Bernie. My mom didn't vote but my dad and most of my extended family voted for Trump.

My first job in high school was working at a movie theater. Best first job ever. I met Flava Flav, got burned daily with hot butter and saw a white girl run screaming out of a showing of Step Up 2: The Streets where she proceeded to vomit in the middle of the hall.

Don't work the floor if you get the choice, they always make the new guy rip tickets while everyone else bros it up cleaning the theaters.

I worked at a movie theater during and a couple years after high school. First as concessionist/cleanup then as a projectionist.

Pros:
>free movies
>can get friends and family in free
>really easy women
>easy to make friends

Cons:
>shit pay
>no respect
>have to chase Sup Forums lurkers out when they jack off next to children which actually happened twice at my theater

Up to you really