Escapism films

I need some movies to help me forget about stuff right now

Other urls found in this thread:

ontla.on.ca/web/bills/bills_detail.do?locale=en&BillID=4479
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cat in the hat

In Bruges is something I always watch when I feel shitty, depression kino.

If you just want to let the world go though, definitely Jurassic Park or Fellowship of the Ring

Neverending Story, Labyrinth. Legend. Fantasy childhood type films.

>tfw I'll never be able to raise my child in a no thots aloud fort and teach him about our lord Jesus Christ

Maybe one day I can leave this province
Or talk to a girl

Thanks anons

What's disgusting is that muslims and sikhs are exempt from this

You know, I really want to love my country but the government doing shit like this is making it kind of hard

I didn't even hear about it until now. I hate Wynne and the liberals so much

It's just the forces of Satan doing things as predicted. I wouldn't be overly concerned. It was predicted thousands of years ago it would come to this. The plan is freely available for anyone to read. The world does have to be dark before the warriors of light appear.

Secular schools, secular nations, etcetera. But no matter how much power Satan gets, it won't work in the end.

No they aren't.
ontla.on.ca/web/bills/bills_detail.do?locale=en&BillID=4479
No mention of Islam.
And the article is total clickbait. The thing people are getting fussy about is that the bill no longer factors in the parents' religion when deciding whether the child is in danger or not, and now considers a child's sexuality or gender choices when determining whether it's safe or not. Essentially it's now adding sending your kids to a pray-the-gay-away camp or locking them in a closet because they wanna be a girl to a list of child abuses.
The bill seems perfectly fine.

>wanna indoctrinate your kid to Christianity

>Jesus told his followers to abandon family and devote themselves only to god.

These are contradictions. If you really wanna do what Jesus said, why the FUCK do you want kids? Jesus is anti-family.

Fuck off, Reddit.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off is my go-to escapist movie. I don't think there's a more upbeat and innocent kino, it's pure Reagan's Morning in America fantasy.

Nope. He is a defeated foe.

Don't get your nickers so tingled so fast. It's just to protect the gays from potentially emotionally or physically abusive parents. The title is cleverly made clickbait by specifically targetting Christians.

>Pro-family advocates warn Bill 89 gives the state more power to seize children from families that oppose the LGBTQI and gender ideology agenda, and allows government agencies to effectively ban couples who disagree with that agenda from fostering or adopting children.

>Bill 89, or the Supporting Children, Youth and Families Act, 2017, repeals and replaces the former Child and Family Services Act that governs child protection services, and adoption and foster care services.

Reagan's America was working class America's death knell.

Anime

i'm having a hard time imagining the kind of person who wrote this post

>>Pro-family advocates warn Bill 89 gives the state more power to seize children from families that oppose the LGBTQI and gender ideology agenda, and allows government agencies to effectively ban couples who disagree with that agenda from fostering or adopting children.
This is disgusting. Holy shit Canada must be awful

>defeating god

fuck you mean bitch

FBDO is a cynical parody of a great American classic. How can you like that?

Yeah, you should stay out.

>leafs

who fucking cares? they're all subhuman maple niggers anyway

>lefties are fascists on steroids
"YOU DONT SUPPORT LGBTBBQ THEN YOU CANT HAVE KIDS YOU SHITLORD"

lol, Canada is such a fucking shithole

>hate LGBT
>have a child
>child is hetero
>nothing is the matter

>hate LGBT
>have a child
>child is gay
>government steps in to protect child
>you don't have to worry about the gay

Isn't the government basically helping everyone here? And btw, the government already has the option in most countries in the world to take away your child for numerous reasons. They don't specifically need this new change to do that, but continue screaming doom and loom.

You're so incredibly stupid I don't know where to begin. Next are you going to point out that the Old Testament and the New Testament are contradictory when their FUCKING NAME implies that they are?

the truth is more likely
>we have reason to believe that you are going to put an LGBT child in danger because of your possible extremist views, and thus will not allow you to adopt this LGBT child.
At least I hope that's what it means. Im not canadian, but I'm all for extremist christian fundies getting their own medicine thrown back at them. will some people abuse the shit out of this law? most likely. its just one of those things that sounds good on paper.

I hear they communicate through grunts and moans and fuck bears there.

>Ontario lawmakers have approved a motion to remove the words 'mother' and 'father' from all government forms to "reflect the diverse nature" of families in the province.

>Glenn Thibeault, the Liberal member of the Ontario legislature for Sudbury, asked that 'gendered' terminology be replaced with gender-neutral and inclusive language on 10,000 different provincial government forms.

>Birth certificates already allow two same-sex adults to be listed as parents, and all government forms should use inclusive language, said Thibeault.

>His motion, which was approved Thursday in a voice vote, said gender specific words "including -- but not limited to -- mother and father" could be replaced with "parent or guardian" to better recognize the rights of LGBTQ parents.

Yeah I can't deny it.

kill yourselves

you first brainlet

that's actually not a bad thing overall. what if, for legal reasons, a child does not live with mother(s) or father(s)? by replacing that with "parent or guardian" it covers kids who legally live with aunts, uncles, grandparents, or other non-blood legal guardians.

>what if, for legal reasons, a child does not live with mother(s) or father(s)? by replacing that with "parent or guardian" it covers kids who legally live with aunts, uncles, grandparents, or other non-blood legal guardians.
already accounted for. This is just virtue signalling

that's a fair conclusion, I suppose. and really, is it bad to be all-inclusive on a legal level? does that really hurt your quality of life in any way?

It does actually. My taxes pay for this legal circle jerking.

You Canadians are hilarious

>Ontario
>thread acts like it's about all of Canada
East coast Canada has always been garbage

Ontario is most of Canada

Is that the bad guy from Happy Gilmore?

>>Pro-family advocates warn Bill 89 gives the state more power to seize children from families that oppose the LGBTQI and gender ideology agenda,

That's still awful

>accidentally say how much trannys and gays are turbo degenerate scum in front of child
>child repeats in front of teacher
Fug

>A Christian couple says two foster children were removed from their home and their eligibility as foster parents cancelled by the Hamilton Children’s Aid Society because they refused to say the Easter Bunny was real.

>Derek and Frances Baars, who lived in rural Hamilton at the time but have since moved to Calgary, filed a lawsuit against the CAS on Tuesday, alleging a child support worker insisted the couple proactively tell two girls in their care, aged three and four, the Easter Bunny was genuine, despite the couple’s belief that lying is wrong.

>“We have a no-lying policy,” Derek Baars said in an interview.

>“We explained to the agency that we are not prepared to tell the children a lie. If the children asked, we would not lie to them, but we wouldn’t bring it up ourselves.”

>The Baars are members of the Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America.

>The couple was content to hide chocolate eggs for the children to find on Easter, play games and buy them Easter dresses, but this did not satisfy the support worker, who insisted the Baars go out of their way to instil a belief in the special power of the Easter Bunny as an essential part of Canadian culture, the couple claims.

>Derek recounted an awkward meeting with the worker, where she told the Baars they were “required” to “affirm the existence of E.B. and S.C.” — with the worker using initials for the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus as the children were present.

>“We said that we would neither confirm nor deny the existence of these two mythical creatures but were not prepared to lie,” he said.

>Soon after, the two girls in their care were removed.

>The Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms, a conservative non-profit organization that defends constitutional freedoms through litigation, is sponsoring their lawsuit. The CAS has not yet had an opportunity to review the court documents.

Alien
The Thing
Die Hard

Anything where characters deal with an imeadiate existential threat.

Fuck it dude the majority voted for it when they elected that moron. Either they'll see the error of their ways or be destroyed by it, I won't lose any sleep either way.

>LGBTQI
wait what?

Do you make it a point to always fall for tabloid panic headlines?

Marathon the entire Mythica series

Protip for the reddit retards here: It's directed by Anne K BLACK

Good! Evil Christians need to be genocided so the gay community can live in peace with Islam.

>Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning and Intersex

What the motherfuck

Shit like this is why you must always vote for smaller government.

>It's just to protect the gays from potentially emotionally or physically abusive parents.
You mean it's to protect mentally ill children from parents who tell them the truth.

Amen

What the fuck

she's also thick