He did it.... He fucking did. It's a fucking masterpiece

He did it.... He fucking did. It's a fucking masterpiece.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13116154/r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He should have let the mystery be

I am legit surprised.

Masterpiece.

So can we stop calling lindelof a hack now?

Yes. He's redeemed himself

>the machine worked
>in the other world 98% of the population disappeared
>she then saw her children but wanted to go back
>she then met the creator of the machine and made him make another one
>she then went back
I don't know if this is genius or the ass pull of the fucking century

what happened someone spoil me, I don't have time to sit through a new season

Worst series finale ever. A laughable joke.

Laurie didn't kill herself?

Fuck this shit.

I just realized this

WHAT THE FUCK

You don't need to believe the story. The idea of telling ourselves a nice story in order to deal with loss is literally the theme of the show.

Yeah, that makes her episode so much worse.

>bad writing is okay if it caters to my feels

ya, na

The fact that you didn't see her in the next episode should have told you that

What a lackluster finale. holy shit. What a shit ending. "It's a mastapiecE!!!"
Truly this is the dark era of television if this shit is considered kino.

1. She obviously didn't fucking go there
2. Kevin wasn't a prophet nor had any impact
3. Nothing happened on the seventh year
4. Laurie went for a casual scuba dive on one of the most eventful days in her life. (Even though it was heavily implied that it was going to be a suicide).

so now that the show has ended we will finally see what the true opinions of the show are tomorrow, when the shills stop posting.

So she lied to Kevin about going there and he just believed her. They are still really bad for eachother.

Do I need to watch the rest of the season before I watch the finale? I watched Seasons 1 and 2.

No, you don't need to.

not really. Nothing really happens in Season 3

>Show's premise is about something supernatural happening
>Rest of the show just merely hinting and in the finale nothing happens

hacks

> 1. She obviously didn't fucking go there

Agreed

> 2. Kevin wasn't a prophet nor had any impact

He definitely was a prophet - he's the only person in the show with confirmed supernatural experiences. Unclear whether or not he had an impact (all we know is that he returned to Jarden and worked as a police chief for 10 or so years)

> 3. Nothing happened on the seventh year

That's the point - all the character whipped themselves into a frenzy over nothing because, despite the progress of S2, they still hadn't moved on from the departure

> 4. Laurie went for a casual scuba dive on one of the most eventful days in her life. (Even though it was heavily implied that it was going to be a suicide).

I think she considered suicide but decided against it - it's a hopeful ending.

I feel like the season could have been an episode longer and instead of everything Kevin and Nora talked about just being a conversation they actually could have shown it.

I feel like it would have given a bit more emotional impact.

this is the television equivalent of that guy who took albums and burned a copy with only the songs he liked on it

whoosh

>everything Kevin and Nora talked about just being a conversation they actually could have shown it.
Nora was lying

Shown what? Jill being married?? Or Tom's shaky marriage?
Because if you mean Jill's travel to the other world then that didn't fucking happen bruv

Nora's ***

Good. Good for each other. Learn2relationship sad frog.

They could have at least shown Kevin trying to find her for years, show how hard it was on him. Instead we get a minute of him yelling about it.

It just didn't hit those emotional notes for me the way I was hoping the season finale would.

I love how everyone is 100% certain in their interpretation and shitting on the episode for it lel. There's literally nothing to tell you Nora lies or didnt

That's the message though, being faced with existential questions about life, death, and god only to be let down when we are given the answer.

Remember that poem Patti recited for Kevin when he had her tied up in the shack? It's about the futility of never being satisfied and always trying to fill the hole in our hearts. If god himself appeared and gave us all the answers to the questions that plagued us we'd still not feel fulfilled.

It's a Lindelof show. Of course she fucking lied.

this is the television equivalent of a band creating 4 albums without a single decent song on them

except whole episode was focused on lying

So why did the people disappear? I still don't understand

I think the point is that none of the other shit really matters. Whether or not she saw her family after "successfully" going through isnt the main point. Point is is that her "family" moved on despite what happened and she was still clinging onto the departure. The holy hugs and cults were only there for people constantly searching for answers. Everything was answered and nothing was answered. All that matters in the end is that they have each other....or what i just said could all just be bullshit idk you guys are impossible to please

a bug in the matrix

Kino's Out of the Menu Boys.
tfw it was masterpiece.

>IT'S AMBIGUOUS GUIZ PLS U DONT KNO FOR SURE

Shut the fuck up man.

1. Nora is a lying depressed cunt who told that story to herself. The entire premise is retarded. Why even bother coming back if she was going to live a secluded life? Also? She's been lying about everything.

2. Story is ridden with plotholes (Scientist makes a machine but doesn't let others use it? Why wouldn't everyone make it back? Or make it a business? Why not split the population in half, this way everyone benefits?
3. Nothing supernatural has ever happened in this series, everything has been vague except the departed in episode 1.
4. Obviously the turn of the series the writers chose was for it to be entirely focused on the drama and relationship with no regard to the scifi / mystery element (which is a shame).

5. Lindelhack will probably say it's open to interpretation.

She never really went through. She changed her mind at the last second. It's just a nice story she tells herself. The show is all about nice stories we tell ourselves to deal with the mystery of death.

Bravo, Lindelof.

this
you even see her change her mind last second before it cuts away. How is this even open for interpretation?

I knew Lindeloff wouldn't tell us

but I'M STILL PISSED

>If god himself appeared and gave us all the answers to the questions that plagued us we'd still not feel fulfilled.

Speak for yourself. Even the dumbest answer would be fine. Actually, knowing god's existence is an answer in itself, that would be enough.

so where the fuck did her real kids go, the ones she met were not her kids they were from some other nora

>impossible to please

premise of the show is a vanishing of 2% of the population
3 seasons not a single fucking hint of where those people went.

Even if they decided to show us a whole fucking cluster of dead frozen people in space that would have been better than this vague ass fucking ambiguous bullshit.

The goat/hill scene with Nora Sisyphus Christ was very kino. Well done, Damon.

>Nothing supernatural has ever happened in this series

get a load of this guy

?????????????????

What?

What are you saying?

We don't know what happened to the people that departed.

In a way they didn't go anywhere. To them 98% of the population suddenly vanished.

>tfw Damon should have stopped at the penultimate episode but after years of faggots assraged over LOST DIDN'T EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO ME he had to give it a normie ending

Theme of the show is literally let the mystery be and fucker answers a bunch of mysteries at the end.

Still no explanation for all the supernatural shit Kevin experiences/does.

Ah yes I too remember the famous story of Sisyphus saving a goat on a hill.

WEW
E
W

Are there actually this many retards on this board?

?????????????????????????????

Nora was lying.
How dense are you?

In a way she wasn't and that's the lie you're telling yourself to cope with it. Oh snap

Man, I felt this episode was quite boring. There was no need to focus on Nora for so long. It felt like a shitty season finale compared to seasons 2 and 1. Maybe that's just because I don't really like Nora as a character.

I'm willing to forgive the series finale being shit though, because the episode before it is probably one of my favorite eps of the show.

so the universe like split into 2, that's fucked up mang

So now that it's all over I can say without a doubt in my mind that the Murphy family was a complete waste of time and I actually hate them more now than I did in Season 2.

Don't be obtuse. The Sisyphean imagery was apparent.

What was Kevin trying to achieve with that whole "lol we only talked like once" charade?

Season 1 >> Season 2 >>> Season 3

How the fucks did Kevin keep coming back to life

What?

I'm pissed because nothing happened? I am wishing something did. I want to believe but I can't.

1. That's the entire reason why it's potentially ambiguous. Kevin was also lying but came clean in the end.

2. They were for all intents and purposes murdering people and had no proof it worked.

3. Lel

4. Agreed there. I felt like the series was never focused on Nora and Kevin's relationship and then all of a sudden that's the entire focus in the finale.

>People are actually upset about the lack of answers

Sup Forums was a mistake

American Gods is much better than this

its the lack of resolution of any plot lines and introduction of new plot lines.

in a series finale.

Every plotline was resolved though...

Why the fuck would Nora lie?

>Kevin is mortal after nuking the other place he goes

I liked that desu

let the mystery be

WHY WASN'T JILL IN THE FINALE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

She lied, otherwise why is she back in Australia when she travelled to the USA and presumably transported herself back from there.

The finale was all about returning to life and turning away from death.

pls respond

To make the first half of the episode feel more mysterious until saying "fuck it" and shit up everything quickly because its time to end the series but we never planned for this

He literally said why in the show, did you even watch it?

>finally explains shit
>everyone believes his explanation is BS and they're just pretending
Even when he tries he loses

The show looked stupid. Y'all are retards for wasting time with this shit show.

No

So what's with the goat? Was it Nora accepting that she'd done something wrong?

Is Matt's son is going to forget his face and voice?

Season 2 was pure unadulterated Kino and that makes it worth the lackluster S3

Anything is better than this Lost copy cat.

>She lied, otherwise why is she back in Australia when she travelled to the USA and presumably transported herself back from there.

She had to find the doctor dumbass. Considering they were working out of Australia and LIVED there it's safe to say the creator did too. Not the US.

How do you people not pay attention to the clearest shit and then complain when things aren't answered.

The only thing we never really got an answer for (or any kind of ambiguous explanation) was the exploding sewer and car full of old ladies in "The Garveys at their Best" back in season one.

Otherwise, I'm satisfied.

goddamn awful, why did they make it about norah? the finale may have actually worked had it been from Kevin's POV, Nora's character barely existed in S3.

Anyone else notice how she chose Cairo, Egypt during the madlib?

Pretend the last episode was the penultimate. The finale was the normie episode for people who needed answers.

The exploding sewer was a gas leak, the old ladies legitimately thought he was someone else. We try to make significance out of sequential strange, unexpected events, Kevin certainly did.

That's my interpretation, at least.

Damn. You know what? I take back what I said. That works for me too, user.

strawpoll.me/13116154/r

The one thing I don't get now that its finished was the first bit at the beginning of season 2.
This finale was a bit of a letdown, they could have done it so much better. The goat bit and matt and noras convo was the only good part.

>How do you people not pay attention to the clearest shit and then complain when things aren't answered.

But it's not really answered, it could easily be a lie and the entire episode make hints for that, Lindelof wanted it to be ambiguous, the same way for Kevin's afterlife and the heart condition, was it all hallucination?

Nora says she never lies, when we know she lies all the time, we never see entirely submerged in the machine, we never see her in the other world, and don't forget when she was saying the nun was a liar.
"I'm not trying to sell you anything, but it's a nice story."

>writing is okay if it caters to my feels
That's the fucking point asshat

They weren't working out of Australia, the team moved around to avoid detection and arrest, Mark Linn‑Baker said they were originally based in Switzerland and that they stay mobile.
He himself met them in Phoenix

>but muh answers!

why are some of you here so fucking dense

if she was lying and the whole point of the show is that everything is vague when it comes to supernatural things then how the fuck do you explain kevin surviving a literal shotgun shot at his chest? its like lindeloff completely forgot about the arc of kevin constantly resurrecting despite the fact that its the central theme of s2 and s3. i expected a better ending, specially because of how kino s1 and s2 was.

None of that changes the fact that the being back in Australia makes sense regardless of whether she lied.

>if she was lying and the whole point of the show is that everything is vague when it comes to supernatural things

wat