The eagles ABSOLUTELY BTFO the Nazgul at the Battle at the Black Gate

>the eagles ABSOLUTELY BTFO the Nazgul at the Battle at the Black Gate
So why couldn't they just take Frodo and fly with him? Sauron had no other aerial units, there was absolutely nothing that could stop them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/X1WWCCHM9d8?t=244
km-515.livejournal.com/1042.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the eye would have shot them out of the sky

not to mention the nazgul dragons would block their patch

the eagles would have taken the ring and dropped frodo over some mountains

But how does the Eye even turn around to look at what's behind it?

Hey

They had a board meeting to get to

it flips backwards idiot

More important, why wasn't he invisible ?

>the eagles would have taken the ring

literally how? that thing is not going to fit on their gigantic talons

>stand on the side of the tower
>eye can't see you
>eye was a metaphor
>became a literal physical entity
>Gondor had no roads or agriculture

Eagles was busy fucking your mom

Why didn't Aragorn just tell the ghosts to take the ring to Mount Doom?

Sauron could have seen them coming, as the journey might have taken more than a day possibly, and sent his nazgul or soldiers to block the entrance to the volcano.

Like the 300 movie, the numerical supremacy of the army of eagles would have counted for nothing when trying to go, on foot, through the heavily armed entrance to the volcano.

However it's also possible that the eagles could have flown very high, and got to the volcano undetected.

I don't see anything

Who?

this is probably the real reason why, iirc the influence of the ring gets stronger the closer you get to mt doom

now the real question is, why couldn't sauron just spare a few orcs to guard the forge?

The tower has a spinning top. You can see it reorient a couple of times. How they manage to move hundreds/thousands of tons of steel that quickly I do not know, however.

That ring is huge. How could Frodo even wear it?

The orcs would steal the ring and drop sauron into the lava

because its a fucking story and this is the stupidest question that never stops being asked since "are women equal to men"

But can you answer it? The real answer is tha JRRT was a fucking hack genre writer

What was Aragorn's tax policy?
What was his stance on immigration?
Did Arwen ever suffer from diarrhea?
These are things I need to know.

this is actually interesting. Sauron is a BIG guy (over 7" tall) and wears it on the pointer OVER all his armor. The ring size in that picture is at a bare minimum 20. To put that in perspective, a big fat human with large hands averages around a 15-16 in ring size. Frodo wears the ring on his pointer as well, except he is a hobbit, and doesn't wear layers of armor. The average male pointer size is a 9.5. Being generous and assuming he has man sized hands, Frodo's pointer is a 9. How could the ring shrink over 10 sizes from the time it got cut off? Once the ring is forged, it cannot break or bend unless it's by the fires of Mordor. To resize a ring like that you have to completely cut the shank, bend it, sodder it, and re-engrave everything. Furthermore, it could not have possible shrunk due to magic because we are clearly shown a ring with a consistent width at the intro scene after it's severed and we are never given any indication that the ring has the ability to manipulate it's size because if that was the case, why not just grow so big that you cannot be moved or so small you cannot be found?

Why didn't the orcs start a union? They must be pretty pissed about being expendable and getting such shit pay

You clearly see the ring shrink in Isildurs hand you blind faggot.

youtu.be/X1WWCCHM9d8?t=244

You wrote all that shit for no reason at all.

The eagles are like that friend of yours with a car. You only call the man up if you really need him. If you call him to much he'll end up ignoring you.

It's the Baneposting of LOTR

I love a good Eagles thread

oh shit it does shrink. the second part of my post still stands. if it can shrink/enlarge at will, why not shrink to be impossible small or large?

you had to pay flying tax when you're in Mordor

They were no deductibles for using eagles.

The Eagles BTFO the Nazul without their leader, the Witch King. If he was there it would be no contest since he was able to pretty much curbstomp Gandalf and broke his staff

>why couldn't sauron just spare a few orcs to guard the forge?
he did, thats why Aragorns gambit was so important, there were huge Saurons forces near Mt. Doom that Sauron moved to Black Gate because he thought Aragorn had the ring and came to fuck him up. which brings us to the main theme of the fucking book, which is that Sauron never even thought that someone could just throw away the rings power instead of using it. which was true btw, even Frodo succumbed at the end, no one could destroy the Ring, the thing with Gollum was divine intervention

I was listening to the audiobook again last night when it hit the Tom Bombadill part I skipped it entirely.

>Oh he's a old god or some shit
>Oh he could sing down Sauron
>Nevermind the fucking eagles what about Tom

Whatever dude's trapped by mystic wood pussy and would rather stay in pound town than deal with the orc refugee crisis

Reminds me of friends who get a girl and vanish, what a fuckin' waste.

Sauron also had literal fucking magic guarding his country from powerful beings entering and tons of orc archers

maybe listen a bit further, to the Council of Elrond chapter, where Gandalf literally says that even Bombadil would be no match to Saurons strenght you illiterate moron

Aragorn didn't have the ring at the time.

>he was able to pretty much curbstomp Gandalf and broke his staff
not canon

It literally changes shape to fit the finger of the new ring bearer in the first scene.

>wearing a ring on your pointer finger
was it autism?

The ring appears to control its own dilation. I don't think you could force it to become microscopic or anything like that.

You trying to say he couldnt have been of help?

And your calling me a moron, fucking hell your dull sunflower can you read? did I say he would whip his dick out and topple fucking mount doom with its girth in a instant?

Way to assume mongoloid.

The ring grants you your greatest desire, for a hobbit that is to be unseen, for Sauron it is ultimate power.

Did bombadil really had powers out of his turf?

he was a spirit of the forest or nature, similiar concepts to driads or Pan in Greek mythology. he doesn't give any fucks about human or elven wars. if you've listened to his chapters then you'd know that he can't even physically leave the borders of his forest. as Tolkien put it on one of his letters:

"Tom Bombadil is not an important person - to the narrative. I suppose he has some importance as a 'comment'. I mean, I do not really write like that: he is just an invention (who first appeared in the Oxford Magazine about 1933), and he represents something that I feel important, thought I would not be prepared to analyze the feeling precisely. I would not, however, have left him in, if he did not have some kind of function.

"I might put it this way. The story is cast in terms of a good side, and a bad side, beauty against ruthless ugliness, tyranny against kingship, moderated freedom with consent against compulsion that has long lost any object save mere power, and so on; but both sides in some degree, conservative or destructive, want a measure of control. But if you have, as it were taken 'a vow of poverty', renounced control, and take your delight in things for themselves without reference to yourself, watching, observing, and to some extent knowing, then the question of rights and wrongs of power and control might become utterly meaningless to you, and the means of power quite valueless.

"It is a natural pacifist view, which always arises in the mind when there is a war. But the view of Rivendell seems to be that it is an excellent thing to have represented, but that there are in fact things with which it cannot cope; and upon which its existence nonetheless depends. Ultimately only the victory of the West will allow Bombadil to continue, or even survive. Nothing would be left for him in the world of Sauron."

bombadil had powers out of his turd

then why did Isildur turn invisible too?

hes memeing

>the eye would have shot them out of the sky

a spotlight wouldn't shoot a fly out of the sky

>not to mention the nazgul dragons would block their patch

OP just said the eagles btfo the nazgul, idiot

he was a perv

and I'm sorry about calling you a moron btw, I just woke up and I got needlessly annoyed. big love user

Yes and?

Implying the eagles would give enough of a fuck to fly all the way to Mt. Doom to drop a ring.

>Tom's a hippie

But what about Faramir's dick? What if it was too small to satisfy Eowyn and she began an illicit sexual relationship with Eomer? These are the questions Tolkien doesn't address and that I wanted to explore, because real life isn't a fairy tale.

>implying eagles did not give enough of a fuck to carry an old man and hobbits on their backs and to fight dragons

Feudal tithes according to tradition and need, feudal people didn't migrate much so it was laissez faire, probably not.

it's pretty self explanatory, isn't it? Tom had no means to help in the war nor any desire to do so. he represents beauty of nature, which in Tolkiens philosophy is something that good men should fight for, but it doesnt directly help them in the struggle

they owed Gandalf a favor and it was much shorter distance, and besides, they were forbidden by their master Manwe from directly interfering with affairs of middle earth

so you're telling me the ring will blow up to the size of a car tire the second a giant eagle picks it up

Becuase that was his greatest desire at that moment. To flee.

Sauron was confident that no one wanted to destroy the ring, so he saw no reason to guard the mountain. He only found out about the plans to destroy it when Frodo put the ring in his finger inside Mount Doom.

not him but yes

Why didn't Eru just destroy Sauron and Morgoth?

There's a theory that Tom Bombadil was banished into the Old Forest and he can't leave the place. It's a good read.
> km-515.livejournal.com/1042.html

why doesn't God just stop evil? Tolkien based LOTR on Christian theology

Then why did he make the ring fal into Mount Dooml?

because Frodo completed the rest of the journey by himself. destroying the Ring was an act impossible to any being, so he intervined at the very end to reward him and his devotion and sacrifice worthwhile. it's a very Christian theme, do whats in your power to do good and fight evil, and God will help you, but you have to do your part

Arrows my man

He basically did stop evil by sending Jesus. In scripture its stated by Jesus dying and concurring death he's basically disarmed Satan by offering mankind an eternal afterlife away from eternal torment.

God also likes to kind of fuck with people and like said, reward people who pass his tests.

White tailed eagles can reach 3 kms in height. And the Tolkien eagles are obviously just bigger white tailed eagles. Show me a guy who can shoot an arrow 3 kms up. Fucking hand guns don't reach that high.

>why couldn't sauron just spare a few orcs to guard the forge?

Because
1. Those Orcs would have to eat and drink and the area around Mt.Doom was absolutely barren, which would mean they'd have to be supplied with all the neccessities. Not to mention there would have to be some sort of overseer there to make sure the orcs don't just fuck off somewhere with food and drink. Which essentially means wasting one Nazgul to oversee an outpost where nothing happens.
2. Because why would somebody throw the most important thing on Earth into the fire?
3. Mordor is impregnable. All the accessible paths were held by orcs, one by Shelob and nobody was foolish enough to climb Ered Lithui
4. Sauron was focusing on his macro

but they'd had to land with Frodo eventually, and whole armyy archers would be waiting for them then. and Mordor was guarded not only by orcs, but by powerful spells as well. and again, discussion is meaningless because eagles had no interference rule and would also propably succumbed to the power of the ring and try and take it for themselves

>eagles had no interference rule and would also propably succumbed to the power of the ring and try and take it for themselves
we could've had an eagle golum

Because humanity is responsible for Sauron still being at large. Its a problem for the free people of earth.

Literally explained in the Ainulindalë. Melkor's discord became part of the song, with the third theme and eru's statement that "There is nothing you can do that I haven't forseen."
If it wasn't for melkor trying to go all death metal then the third theme wouldn't have meant anything.
Instead it created something so beautiful and tragic that it made literal angels cry.

>Ainulindalë
was this autism?

When they are in Rivendell the Nazgul aren't back in Mordor yet, they're just pac-man ghosts and they would only have to drop it down the hole in the volcano so unless the orcs all had big nets it would have worked.

It was guarded you tit, both in the book and your stupid film, they all went to fight Aragorn.

>it was guarded

I didn't see any outpost near Mt.Doom in the movie

God literally destroyed the ring m80

>Nevermind the fucking eagles what about Tom

This theory has been done to death, so much so I remember my mates in high school screeching at each other about how irresponsible it would be for them to leave the one in the hands of tom. Literally a group of 14 year old banshee howling at each other.

why didnt Eru just reshape the Earth destroying everything and start again?

How did orcs know what a menu was?

Why didn't Eru just bypass the character development?

Why do anti-Eagle naysayers live in denial?
we have established it would be possible to fly frodo to mt doom.
1. Eagles can beat Nazgul.
2. Eagles want to help Gandalf (they aren't in debt and they aren't bound by any rules)
3. The power of the ring doesn't make everyone try to take it away from Frodo. (see Faramir, Galadriel , etc.)

Anti-Eagleists are just pessimist.

also it had a will of its own, that will is to get back to its master turning really tiny wouldn't help that, as soon as isildur held the ring it started to corrupt him.

Anti air.

That's part of the plan already dickshit. Read the fucking books. All of them. And the fucking letters. Everything.

1) They were told specifically, by God himself, "Don't fucking do nothing to aid those niggas unless I say so"
&
2) They did not want to. They didn't like all that evil shit.

>"There's only ONE Lord of The Rings®..."

Stopped watching right there desu

Manwe isn't God. He's more like Gabriel

It's basically the same, nobody talked to the big cheese

>What was his stance on immigration?
Strict opposition. The Hitler of Middle Earth.

>Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
>Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
>Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
>One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
I>n the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
>One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
>One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

So when Sauron eventually gathered all of the rings what was he going to do, wear one on each finger AND toe? There's fucking TWENTY of them!

If you read the books you'd know.

The movies are garbage for a reason.

He's the king of the Valar.

He'd put one on his cock

Why didn't Sauron just blow up Mount Boom if it was the only thing that could destroy the only thing that could stop him>?