How long until Hollywood collapses?

How long until Hollywood collapses?

>Guardians 2 flopped
Nice try Dcuck

My calculations

Budget = Cost*2 - (cost*0.2)
Profit = foreign*0.33 + domestic*0.5

It's fucking ridiculous really. Movies and especially marketing got way too expensive.

I know the budget doesn't factor in marketing but are you trying to say fate of the furious spent 800 million+ on ads? Explain these calculations

See

nice spreadsheet faggot

WB will collapse by the end of the year

Based Disney still going strong

For the starters not even 50% of box office goes to the studio.

I smell bullshit here. BvS made 873 million on a 250 million budget so about 3.5 times its budget and still managed $104 million net profit

GOTG 2 has made over 4 times its budget back but is losing money? What?

Actually I just read that Fast 8 lost $7 million so I know this just bait

well your calculation clearly must be wrong or literally 99% of Hollywood movies all are a net loss in profit and no movie would ever get funded past a 100 million $ budget.

damn you a muffafucking math genius yo

why don't the jews hire you since clearly you understand this shit better than they do

They only get like 30% return in foreign markets
This also

Depends on the San Andreas fault

33% for foreign is wrong. They get over 40% from Europe. Only other markets that matter are China and Japan.

nah

first week studios get like 80 percent

after that they make fifty

why do you think theatres charge so much on food

more like how long until they just start producing solely for the Chinese market more like, seeing as that's what's keeping them afloat.

So do you actually believe Hollywood studios have been creating big blockbuster movies as some form of charity, because there is no way they can ever make money off of them unless they hit the jackpot and make the top 10 highest grossing movies of all time list? Just how fucking stupid are you?

It's just a estimate.

We know that the studio gets 20% of production spendings back from taxes
We can estimate that marketing is 2x the budget
We can estimate that the studio get around 50% of the domestic gross and 1/3 of the foreign gross.

Again, just an estimate.

Aw shit I was just basing off general knowledge but more specifically

>During the first two weeks, generally, the theater owner's expenses - the cost of labor, the electricity to run the popcorn machine, taxes, mortgage, depreciation, new carpets - are deducted from the box-office receipts, then the distributing studio gets 90 percent of the remainder and the theater keeps 10 percent.
>This is a bit out of my area of expertise so I hope others with direct knowledge of theatrical booking will correct anything I say that is wrong but I wanted to correct the idea that as much as 90% of the movie ticket price goes to the studio.

+ profit from toys and video games

That shit made them at least billion dollars

Wait what? You're kidding me right?

You're seriously saying that GoG2 has a 70m loss despite earning 816 million? I don't think that's possible user.

Same with Fate of the Furious

>Beauty and the Beast 1B$
wat
>It's real
WAT

OP's an accounting genius

Hollywood has been bankrupt for a long time.

But your estimate is obviously stupid as shit, so why don't you think before posting your clearly wrong estimate?

See

I don't know why you are surprised. Bitches love that shit and it was one of highest watched trailers in the first 24 hours ever.

Merchandise
This is why Hollywood loves sequels it gives them more chances to sell shit

>1.2 billion for Beauty and the beast

wow, i didn't realize it was this huge.

Shocked me when i checked as well. It felt like there was absolutely no hype for that movie.

That still doesn't explain why they would spend so much money on the movies if they can't make a profit off of them. If it was all about merchandize, Hollywood would never fund movies above 100 million $.

its time to realize hype doesn't transfer to sales, as most people have become immune to it due to all the attempts to force hype.

>it has higher box office than Return of the King, Toy Story 3 and Rogue One
how? seriously how?!

And then Thor beat it so just imagine how much that's going to make

They profit off of them but not the movies themselves
Movies are just 2 hour long ads designed to sell consumers shit. Why do you think WB loves Snyder? MoS was already in the black before it even came out because he sold ad space in the movie. This is why movies are "net loses" and written off as such for tax breaks.
In other words Hollywood is corrupt as fuck

You're talking about a movie every SJW was creaming themselves over because it had feminist icon Emma Watson as Belle along with making LaFou gay and the town being multiracial racial despite being rural France in the medieval. Of course it made a billion dollars.

so did "It", which is surprising, am not expecting that to make that much but horror films have done well lately

even if those numbers are correct, they make a shit ton on merchandising, dvd/blu ray sales, and selling air rights to tv channels or netflix.

hollywood is famous for their shady accounting practices as well.

morally, creatively or financially?

>But your estimate is obviously stupid as shit

Why do you think this? It might be off by a 100m,
but I base it on what I've found when researching it.

People arnt going to the cinema anymore because it's pure shit and easier to watch at home. Kids films get whole families out and buying tickets.

Cinema will die but children's film's will continue forever.

Don't worry m8 you aren't that off
People seem to forget that LoTR and Harry Potter were all (((net loses))) for the studios.

When a film makes over a Billion dollars and reports a financial loss, I'd say it's pretty much over

>

Considering RDJ wasn't in GotG 2, what made them lose so much?

Paid review from the mouse?

I was shocked as well..

Yeah man

Reminder that these numbers are absolutely meaningless marketing figures.

Unless you're a fucking acccountant and audit the companies you can't know whether a movie cost $0 or $100,000,000

It's 100% marketing to release budgets.

its taxes yo, they aren't actually losing money. But you can't tax a net-loss. Current tax law puts all profit-seeking entities in a position where actually making any sort of money means losing a large chunk of that money to taxes.

Also the amount of idiots they sign into "share of the profits" contracts.

I updated it :^)