I have philosophy exam today

I have philosophy exam today.
Are engineers in your country forced to learn some strange stuff too?

I had to take philosophy exams during my technical career, failed it a couple of times, I had 4 attempts, during the 3rd noticed it was all the same all over again, memorise all questions, I failed again, wrote all 50 questions of the exam for the next try, memorise again all answers, the exam was the fucking same all over again, I got perfect score

yeah
my electives weren't totally retarded like philosophy but they were still retarded

So it was a test of some sort?
On my exam lecturer will give papers with questions and I will need to answer it to him.

>electives
I didn't choose philosophy, it just was in program from the start. Kinda every technical speciality here must have a semester of philosophy.

Yeah it was a test

Not really. You have to choose some bullshit elective courses for a fixed number of credits but they don't have to be full-blown subjects.

I did French A2-B2 because it's actually useful and private language courses are expensive as fuck.

>tfw my uni has no foreign languages except English

Yeas - Introduction to Philosophy + Rhetoric last year. Bioethics this semester, although that's relevant for my field. I enjoyed it.

I'll probably take Biotechnology Law after exams. Sounds interesting.

Yeah, for example I’m going to a medical program but I had to take courses in literature and mythology

most universities used to require that you learnt philosophy, theology and ethics alongside whatever you were learning
the one I went to still had the same system so I did philosophy too despite studying law

We've got "user psychology", so at least it's relevant at least a bit

Doctoral students had to pass a course on Marxism-Leninism before the revolution.

Company management is mandatory for some reason

Two courses on "humanities"

Who did you read in your class? I'm curious who gets taught in Russia. Here, frog shit's pretty popular. Foucault, Baudrillard, Derrida, etc.

I thought anglos would be more focused on analytic philosophy.

Americans aren't anglo

Well, the whole course was 1 semester and was more about philosophy through history.
Starting from ancient China and India, then ancient Greece, then philosophy of middle ages, then renaissance, new time, German classical philosophy, Russian philosophy, modern philosophy and some strange things like Being.
I get all parts except the last one( it's just more philosophy, than history).
I'm not studying in the best uni so please no bulli.

Everyone knows continental philosophy is where it's at, my guy.

y