This is probably better-suited for /his/ but I like you guys more

This is probably better-suited for /his/ but I like you guys more.
Why is Russia such a violent country even today? Especially in regard to the political sphere. There seems to be a tradition of assassination, of killing the current regime and replacing it with your own.
Even in the East, rulers are not killed so often. For example, the Chinese Communists spared many of the Qing rulers.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_Bloodbath
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just a Roman/Byzantine tradition. Don't forget they're the Third Rome.

but user, third rome is a fake concept

Check history of any big European country. After that you will think that we are little puppies. I guarantee.

>Why is Russia such a violent country even today?
GTFO we're pretty chill compared to americans and other 3rd world countries

We and Denmark are one of the most peaceful non-violent countries currently existing, but our history is fucking grim.

This is what inspired Game of Thrones Red Wedding, when the danish king invited most of our noblemen, promised amnesty, locked the doors and beheaded 80-90 of our most important nobles

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_Bloodbath

>Especially in regard to the political sphere. There seems to be a tradition of assassination, of killing the current regime and replacing it with your own.
Nothing wrong with that, better than being a puppet state of israel like the US is, and the people being content with that.

That kind of thing happened in a lot of countries.

>Why is Russia such a violent country even today?
Mostly because they had to deal with Mongol-Tatars while Europe ate popcorn.

>his country only exists because of violent criminal rebellion against lawful government
Look inwards before looking outwards, little seppo.

Put politics aside, for that matter, and look at the hordes of rabid apes and goblins that rampage across your land with impunity.

Russia is not exceptionally violent, not now or historically.

They got their ass beaten by slant eyed manlets

Imagine Japnese doing a Chinese coup, thats the "rusdian" civil war.

Geographical determinism and the legacy of autrocatic Mongol rule, which was largely imitated by the Dukes of Moscow.

I'm taking about political crime, not gangbangers.

*autocratic

>what are all the assassinations (/attempts) against presidents
>what are the Black Panthers
>what are the Weathermen
>what are all the shitskin terrorist attacks
And the list only gets longer.

>I'm taking about political crime, not gangbangers.

>Why is Russia such a violent country even today? Especially in regard to the political sphere.

"Especially" implies that the preceding question was general.

Good point, unlike the US, no Russian heads of state were assasinated since the revolution.

political-wise we have a popular belief that russian folks have "repressed rage" attitude. we're like a boiling kettle, if you know what i mean. very kind and full of forgiveness usually, but very cruel when they crossed the line.

They have a fairly average European history. Even a relatively isolationist, backwards and detached nation like England/Britain had dozens of wars,(mostly with the French inc. one that went on for a hundred years. Muscovy/Kievan Rus/Russia has had to establish dictatorial rule and continually fight their neighbours, like any other major power.

But why not?

This is a normal process in a european colony like Russia

Would you take a Guardian headline as representative of the national interest, too?