Russia is ugl-

>Russia is ugl-

-y

>commieblock
>not siberian region

so the sky belongs to russia, huh...

That does look nice. Are there any parts of russia that have weather like washington or england?

Well, the part above it, yeah.
>Washington
Which one and what weather are you talking about?
>England
St. Petersburg.

England and washington state have the same weather. I was just wondering if the country was all really cold or if there were places with moderate weather

The Black Sea coast is very warm

>I was just wondering if the country was all really cold or if there were places with moderate weather

Volgograd is a hellhole. Had a friend that lived there. He moved out the first chance he could. That statue is the only nice thing

Aesthetic images, mr. Kraut
Really nice

I like the crumbling Soviet buildings

Maмaeв Кypгaн was named after some Mongolian guy in high position.
My grandmother's surname was Maмaeв.
Does this mean I was Kingz and shiet?

>crumbling
It's a new one. Crumbling looks almost black

No, but it means your granmother was a man.

It doesn't look very new tbqh

Untill you live in them

>Posts pic
>Looks fine
>Look closer
>Hill isn't maintained properly
>All those houses in the background with uneven paint
>Visible facade rust from lack of recoating paint on some of the larger buildings
Russia isn't 100% ugly, its sorta nice. But its not well done, or maintained properly, and the seams of that dress is rather bad for its image.

I used to live in a commieblock, they are very comfy especially when you have an apartment with a nice window view

I live in one right now. It's not the commie block that's the problem. It's the state of the commie blocks in Volgograd. As you said, they are falling apart, this isn't even a meme, basic things like heating commonly malfunction or aren't there, hot water, enough window light etc..

ok maybe you're right, they are comfy as long as their are well-maintained

This is eastern Germany?

no it's a random commieblock I saved from another thread

pic related is eastern Germany

typical east German plattenbau (literally panel bulding)

same street but with shit weather instead of beautiful summer

what Skyrim mod is that

>Still painted often enough
>That white paint is somewhat even
>Glasses are all visible clean

>tfw shitty derelict third world commie blocks have air conditioning and mine doesn't

Why doesn't every single Russia move there instead of staying in these depression zones?

Frozen depression zones are richer (more industry).

Not enough money I guess. But that place is actually one of the fastest regions of Russia

*fastest growing

It's literally the worst part of russia filled with ahitskins and crime. They work only during summer because there is no work there

Also Norilsk doesn't look that depressing nowadays, most of the buildings got a paint job

No jobs.

isnt that a closed city?

No it's industrial city. It's so industrial the air is toxic there

>hot is gud, cold is bad

Only for foreigners. It barely can be called a city tho. It's a monument of Soviet way of dealing with industry. You have some mineral resource deposit in the middle of nowhere so you build entire city for workers of the future industrial facility. They are called "monogorod"(monocity) since their whole population is dependant on one factory. So Norilsk is more like an outpost for nickel extraction rather than a city

So instead of building proper infastructure, extending a nearby city
And then using commuting shifts
One just... builds a company town? Did that even make sense in the 1930s?

The place must have an amazing feeling of community
>go to supermarket
>everyone works at the same factory and you know it and they know it and you know that they know it

>a nearby city

>nearby city in a middle of nowhere

Are you retarded? Do you understand how big russia is?

just looked it up
too bad its so polluted over there, but even then its way too cold for my taste

If we discuss Norilsk particularly there were and there are still no "nearby towns" it is literally in the middle of nowhere. And yeah, it made a lot of sense when you could just move millions of people as you wish.

Now It's just a place where most of residents don't live there permanently. People go there to work for 4-6 years to save some money because wages there are relatively high.

Overly distorted map. Pic related is more realistic.

No, i think my question is deeper.
Why build a town, inland, without proper railway support.
When you could have made a larger port town, to support similar places in the future?
I mean: The only thing to admire about the fucket up way Soviet handled things, is that if it wanted a cross continental railroad, with supply stops, it was just to do it.

Only 7.

>mercator projection
>more realistic

Cute handwriting

Dudinka is a port town. What is point to build a railway to nowhere?

S-P-A-C-E

I prefer cold weather actually.

Wasn't it the most northern and secluded city ever or something?

>Pic related is more realistic
>posts Mercator

Nigga u what

they have railway to Dudinka
railway to Moscow was planned but it has been canceled after Stalin died

>What is point to build a railway to nowhere?
To actually capitalize on the resource extraction.
And allow for a more diverse workforce, and larger projects.

So Stalin ruined everything, again?

They've built a port near Norilsk and constructed a railroad between them but you just can't build a functioning big city when there is permafrost for literally thousands km's in any direction and therefore any kind of agriculture is impossible. And the closest human settlement is 2000-3000km to the south

How you don't capitalize on instruction when you don't spend fucking trillions on a useless road to nowhere? What is a diverse workflow if all the people do basically one thing. There are can't be any projects there. When the resources will be depleted the town will be abandoned. I hope your job has nothing to do with infrastructure or oh boy, norway should be ready for a railroad to usa

>Norway
>Having non Nazi infrastructure

go to sleep man