Is there much of a difference between Urdu/Hindustani and Punjabi? Are they dialects of the same language?

Is there much of a difference between Urdu/Hindustani and Punjabi? Are they dialects of the same language?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KQEATOCKJ1c
youtube.com/watch?v=ncdLBvFIIco
rmy.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bharat
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

differences in slang and more apparent in super formal speech (thats rarely used) so yeah theyre all basically the same

some people say Punjabi sounds more village/poor/dirty

They are different languages, which is obvious when you will see the writing style of each of them, but due to centuries of exposure, each of them knows all their words and meanings and can understand people speaking them, which makes it seems like they are dialects instead of different languages

As the indian said, they're literally two different languages. Urdu looks more like arabic, hindi looks nothing like arabic.

Arr rook same

Love Pakistani songs

youtube.com/watch?v=KQEATOCKJ1c

>shadman

So true

youtube.com/watch?v=ncdLBvFIIco

Why you poos don't fucking switch to some sort of roman alphabet and forget those fucking runes they are insane. Viets and some other countries already ditched that shit and their culture is still around, so leave this devanagori sri yoga doga to brahmins and religion-obsessed dolts and don't let it make you retarded. You just spend more time reading some random text than people with proper writing systems and that's why you still shit in the streets and have majority illiterate population.

Hindi and Urdu are almost mutually intelligible, Bollywood movies are written in a way that anyone can understand

Punjabi is another language entirely

We have more than 1600+ languages and dialects, got 22 official languages. Hindi isn't the only language here.

I know that and this is insane tbqh I wonder how you even function. Just ditch that all and make people learn one language (Hindi for instance) and remove poo runes replacing them with latin letters. And let all those retards learn other 22 or 1600 or 2845719342837548 language if they have spare time.

I'd film myself publicly shitting in protest if (((they))) introduced 22 oficial languages

the majority of the languages are household/village tongues with some pretty unique features and structure

how are you this degenerate

Devanagari is superior to alphabets though

>all those retards learn other 22 or 1600 or 2845719342837548 language if they have spare time
That's not how it works, you need to know English and your regional language. That's all.

In which way you fucking retard you'll spend 10x more time reading a simple sentence than if it'd be written with latin alphabet.

Urdu/Hindi are more similar. Punjabi is a bit difficult for me to understand.
I'm a native hindi speaker and I can understand around 75-80% of urdu, I only have trouble with some of the perso-arabic words. As for Punjabi, I understand 50%. Although I can't read both their scripts.

Is there a difference between a pile of shit and a pakistani?

Please be nice. This is a no bully zone.

I think Urdu is like Hindi with a lot of extra Persian words, also uses an arabic script for writing

He wasn't asking if Urdu and Hindi are different you dolt. And they're similar, else they wouldn't be called the Hindustani language.

>Shadman

Roman alphabets are retarded. A single letter can make more than one type of sound. Therefore one needs to learn the correct pronunciation for the words written in roman script. Devnagri script don't have any of such kind of problems. You just read the word written in devnagri and you know how to speak it wuth correct pronunciation.

>you'll spend 10x more time reading a simple sentence

Then you are a brinlet. I can read devnagri script faster than roman script.

> Amerimutts, Serbians, Romanians are more horny than horny T*uk
kek

Man we in Moscow for example say "бopдюp" while in St.Petersburg the more common word is "пopeбpик" I won't bother explaining what it means and even with zero clue about Russian you see these are two different words.
Now should we get up and introduce a new fucking language? It'd be retarded, this isn't considered even a dialect but if it was about India some poophead would already come up with a PHD work and speculate these are two different language families (!!!)

What I say is they must have one mandatory language and it could be Hindi or other but something native to the majority and ditch others from official list. If some one has enough time and motivation let em learn whatever language but firstly they must learn Hindi. I don't know, give $20/year to every poo who speaks brilliant hindi it will be 20 billions per year (if applied to all population) but it'll motivate them a lot.

>Roman alphabets are retarded. A single letter can make more than one type of sound. Therefore one needs to learn the correct pronunciation for the words written in roman script. Devnagri script don't have any of such kind of problems
You can introduce dots, tildas and umlauts, perhaps ligatures and it'll remove any ambiguity and will be 1000 times more eficient than eye-breaking yoga sutra runes

>I can read devnagri script faster than roman script.
Because you fucking studied it as your native language. If it was roman by default you'd be even more faster, and think about majority of your people they can't read a word of your language because its retarded script creates a barrier.

Now I understand it is all plotted by higher castes to keep majority down but you must ditch it if you wanna stop street shitting.

I heard the Gypsy language descends from old Indian languages

How much of this wikipedia article can you read?

rmy.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bharat

I was able to understand only one non-english word which was 'barsh' which means year and sounds similar to Hindi word 'Varsh'. It's very forreign language to me.