Daily Japanese Thread #1954

DJT is a language learning thread designed by and for those studying the Japanese language.

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
djtguide.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=に当てはめる
youtube.com/watch?v=JPUtHX1uik8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZgqXOu34rlQ
fluoridealert.org/studies/brain01/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

何なの?だれがいないんだ?

everyone's at the uni or at work and I'm just a useless neet

at least I can put a lot more energy in my nihongo

bump

Kinda wish I could do a neet year to go full nihongo mode.
Oh well the grass is always greener on the other side isn't it?

バムプ
バンプ
What is bump in jap?

the latter one

bump is ドンッ!! in japanese.
kabedonn became popular recently among japanese girls.

Thanks and バンプ

ok, got it

ぬしと私は 玉子の仲よ
わたしゃ白身できみを抱く

By the way generally バンプ means bump of chicken that is the popular band in Japan.

>その他大勢の常識を天才の俺様に当てはめんじゃねーよ。

I get that Japanese tend to shuffle around parts of speech relatively freely, but it seems to be confusing as to what the direct object really is in this case (I already have an idea on what the sentence translates to via a localization). Also, I don't get 当てはめんじゃねーよ means.

Many foreign anons tend to use バンプ as a direct conversion to kana, contributing to the confusion.

I love that OP pic. But then I've always been an Asuka kinda guy.

What's the small シ mean at the end of ドンッ?

>What is bump in jap?

上げ

コカイン

>粗餐
and another curiosity for my mining deck

eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=に当てはめる
Study particles more.

いい質問ですね~
oh a good question!!
i answer your question seriously.
it isn't the small シ(si) but the small ツ(tsu).
the small ツ pronunciation does not exist in English.this pronunciation is peculiar in east asian.For instance,the small ツ is used in (なっとう) natto which tastes and smells awful.
this point is important to pronounce japanese but likely to be overlooked.

the great teacher named Google told me .^-^

But there is no consonant after ッ. How is it spelled when ends a word?

ありがとうございます!
I have seen っ in the middle of words before, but haven't seen it at then end of a word yet, so this makes sense.
ドンッ

if there is no consonant after the small ツ,japanese will hold the previous vowel's breath.
it is no problem in writing the small ツ after ends a word.
you can see examples of use in japanese reading or manga.

^-^

>tfw girl will never say this to you

Leafs should be permabanned from both DJTs

STOP

止めてください!

From what I've seen, a few Brazilians and Australians are just as bothersome as that disruptive Canadian. Even Americans can be pretty annoying sometimes, not just on DJT but on this board in general.

- 自分の国;
- その国の一番適当な動詞は何?

例えば、「ロシア」なら、「しゃがむ」だ。

放つ

I find Anki quite boring. I'm halfway through Tae Kim's grammar guide and I was thinking of starting Yotsuba after I finish the guide.

Good plan? I probably won't give up Anki completely but I prefer reading.

滅ぶ

I feel like there aren't any Americans who are good at Japanese in this thread. I rarely see an intelligent, knowledgeable post about this language that is accompanied by the stars and stripes

How to be an old lady:
Just fuck up all the vowels.

No problem. In fact, you can start reading Yotsuba on day one if you use the reading pack for the first two volumes. Keeping Anki to a bare minimum is always an option, but you definitely need SRS to compensate for the decades of exposure you didn't have as a non-native.

You can start reading Youtsuba with the reading pack after the Basic Grammar section of Tae Kim desu. I mean, you'll be looking up words and phrases all the time but you should be able to figure out what they are saying even if you can't directly translate it.

I'm working on it user. Just give me another 2 years and I'll burger this thread with fluent Japanese

You're clearly new and making baseless observations on a thread that has been dying for the past few months. There's been plenty of intelligent US posters in the past. Unfortunately now with N6 retards flocking to the /jp/ thread ruining that one, and this thread constantly disappearing due to inactivity, there's no reason for any upper-level learners to bother posting (/jp/ will just ignore it and continue blogposting, and here it will go unnoticed since the thread dies anyways).

>N6
Here's all you have to know for that one.

how do I progress?

Consume harder material.

watch anime and consume nothing but rice and fish

Reminder to drink your daily flouride for max retention.

don't start this again, not until the thread dies down.

>tfw no free flouride in tap water from my goverment

How do you catch water from a waterfall?

By holding your hand out open, not clenching it tight, and letting the water flow in by itself.

オーーーームムムムムムムムムムムムムム

teach me your ways user-師

I don't understand this phrase too well:
ぐだぐだが引き立っちゃいます!
Exhaustion stands out? Repetitiveness stands out? I'm at a loss here, what does this actually mean?

youtube.com/watch?v=JPUtHX1uik8
can't understand shit and that's why I'm poor

Imagine Japanese to be like a really really colossal, unrelenting dildo. Like, not your mom's 14", spiked, ribbed black dildo, oh no sir. This dildo is gargantuan. It is the Ur-Dildo, the Dildo that makes lesser men weep and throw themselves down meekly begging for mercy.

Now, for some reason you kinda want to put that thing inside of you. (It's ok, we don't judge here, this is a safe space.)

The important thing is to relax your sphincter and just let the pain pass as it slides inside. It will hurt, you will cry, you will scream, you will beg to remove that thing from your ass. Your body will involuntarily reach in self-preservation to pull it out. You will complain all over the Internet, looking for ways to ease the experience. But don't give up! Just relax, just relax. Remember to breathe. And day after day, by practicing, by trying over and over and over again (and relaxing!) over time that stern, unyielding, unrelenting dildo will fuck your boypussi nice and smooth. And one day, some glorious distant faraway day, you will find yourself stooped over a light novel, TVO playing in the background, and you will suddenly smirk... Then smile, then giggle, then finally cry tears of laughter at the heavily Osaka-accented story of the 噺家. It will make perfect sense, it will be the greatest joke you've ever heard. You will achieve Satori, and jubilate as you achieve the orgasm of enlightenment, as you now finally understand Japanese... At the expense of your butthole, you will have become one with the dildo.

That's what learning Japanese is all about.

which part's giving you trouble?

The part where he is broke clearly.

xD

It means ぐだぐだ(という印象)が引き立っちゃいます!
And ぐだぐだ ≒ a mess

>asuka will never call you a バカ

かんしゃくを起こす

Setsuna belongs to Exia, delete this.

Sorry kid, nothing personell.

Say that to me in space not online and see what happens

You don't know what you're getting yourself into, buddy.

what anime girl actually had an impact on your decision to learn nihongo?
I'd never admit it irl of course

I want to become N1 so I can talk about nerdy tank stuff in Japanese

pic related was what got me into VNs, which is the only reason my nip isnt shit

youtube.com/watch?v=ZgqXOu34rlQ
Not anime but, 宇多田. The first time I saw the KH:CoM commercial I instantly fell in love with the song that played during it. When I went to go look it up online I also came across the Japanese version. It was the first time I had heard Japanese; little me thought the way the language sounded was 素晴らしい as fuck.

So, it was a long time ago. I was new to anime. Don't judge me.
Although honestly, I heard the ending song and I liked it. I wanted to listen to it and understand it in Japanese, so I promptly set out to learn Japanese for a week and then gave up for 9 years.

Remember to avoid fluoride in order to optimize reps!
fluoridealert.org/studies/brain01/
頑張って!

Don't worry comrade, I haven't brushed my teeth in 17 years.

I'm not sure /sci/ would be interested in ways to optimize Anki reps and retention rates.

I'm sure they would be interested in discussing the relationship between fluoride and human intelligence. Or are you afraid of trying to argue with people who actually give a fuck about your off-topic shit?

>Or are you afraid of trying to argue with people who actually give a fuck about your off-topic shit?
I don't argue with science deniers. Studies from Harvard hold more weight than shitdicks on /sci/. Also I don't remember you getting mad when whale oil was being regularly discussed here as a way to augment retention rates. To you have a dog in this race? Your aunt work for the local water treatment plan? Calm down, and don't forget to avoid fluoride!

Report and ignore, brothers. Remember, leafs are the australians of the Americas.

Why not go tell them about those studies, then? Exercise also affects learning, but that doesn't mean workout routine discussion is DJT-related.

Actually Americans are the worst posters on Sup Forums. See . You monolingual mutts are useless in language threads.

>but that doesn't mean workout routine discussion is DJT-related.
It is. Any advice we can give people that helps them learn the language is DJT related. A lot of NEETs don't understand the effect staying active has on the brain. It certainly is something that shouldn't be underestimated, same with avoiding fluoride, and making sure you get enough iodine, which affect cognitive functions.

It isn't. Everything that pertains to the human mind is directly or indirectly relevant to learning Japanese, but boards and threads are divided by topics, and this thread happens to be about learning Japanese, not exercising or proper nutritional intake or how to lead a mentally healthy lifestyle or driving tips so you can spend less time stuck in traffic and more time studying Japanese. It's pretty sad that you choose to spend your time trying to derail a learning thread of all things.

More sad that you're spending your time getting butthurt about it

Why wasn't it problematic when whale oil was being memed everyday on here for like a year? Also, most topics have overlap, and not permitting people to discuss anything that overlaps with something else would make for a pretty shitty website. In your world, we couldn't discuss Anki troubleshooting because that is exclusive Sup Forums territory.

>getting butthurt about it
Or even responding to it. He's clearly a troll. Just ignore him.
Here, have a waifu.

>Stop discussing fluoride!
>Here, have a waifu
Holy fuck you people are retarded, and obviously from /jp/.

I would like to but I'm currently trying to learn grammar as I read along (i.e. only study a grammar point when needed) as I don't have much free time as before. Thank you for the link.

椛ちゃんは無視する必要がないんだよ。
ただ日本語で論を提供して上げて、蠢きを楽しんでね。

Ah, but you forget one small detail my young brown friend: I can't speak Japanese.

I'm 25% into core 6k and my grammar is still ass

Leafs must burn

Start reading.

Well it's not going to change with doing Anki.

Better watch more anime

>熱の反動で寒気を覚えたように彼女は震え、しかし凍える際には出ない、甘い声を何度も溢れさせていく。
What does しかし凍える際には出ない mean here?

I'm 100% into 10k for a while now and my grammar is still ass, this is normal, only reading experience and endless googling and pondering of why the fuck does it work like this (though there's often no good explanation in either language) and asking questions in threads like these eventually helps.

Do read tae kim or some other grammar guide though if you still haven't, that should be a start.

I'm not 100% sure but to me it seems that 出ない refers to 甘い声, so perhaps it means that though she's shivering, this sweet voice wouldn't be coming out if she was actually freezing.

I think it's just parsed as 出なくて甘い声, as in a stifled, sweet voice. しかし凍える際には feels like "Moreover, for every time a chill runs through her body." I could be misunderstanding it anyways.

I agree with this fella.

官能小説っぽいなwww
she shivers as if she felt cold in heat recoil,
but she has put out the sweet voice which doesn't come out in freezing many times.

この文章日本人にも前後の文脈がないと意味がはっきりわからないな