What's the most meme languages that one can learn?

What's the most meme languages that one can learn?
And yeah, I know that Icelandic is on the list
Celtic languages would be interesting to know, like Breton for example.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mVyXDYp60BE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Irish is actually pretty neat. There is a big movement for it.

Japanese

Nuxálk
Xhosa
Haida
Burušaski

esperanto

Also AFRIKAANS is very nice, and much like Irish it has a very strong movement and culture supporting it.

Cornish mabye

manchu ofc, though you won't be able to speak to anyone with it

Gothic maybe

>all east germanic languages are extinct
why did you have to remind me

Afrikaans isn't even close to a meme language like 6 millions of people speak it as their first language

Euskara

Latin

I am a nerd of Catalan etymology.
I study it a lot. Icelandic and Old Norse too.

Ænglisc

It's still a useless and dying meme language that its speakers are extremely defensive about keeping alive. That being said, I like it a lot and I sympathise with its speakers and their plight. But it is a meme language.

Norn

I don't think you can really learn that.
There is very little written evidence.
There is the Nynorn thing. But it is kind of a reconstruction.

You aren't wrong, just the memeist language that I could think of
But to be fair, you could say the same of Cornish

Basque isn't even among the top 3 meme languages in Spain. Basque is co-official in two Spanish regions, taught in school and actively used. There are radio stations, TV channels, newspapers and cinema in Basque. If you want to learn a meme language from this country, take a look at Mirandese or Extremaduran.

Hittite, Etruscan, Old Persian.
I would add Phoenician too but it is so close to Hebrew that I doubt that if it can be listed similarly

Are you talking real natural languages, conlang used by real people or totally constructed irreal languages like Dothraki?

latin

ah Basque language is a good one. Rare and and a language isolate.
Also reminds me of one of the ultimate meme language, the basque-icelandic pidgin
natural languages

Romansh. And then go around CH asking for officials to only speak with you in that language.

if youre living in the basque country im sure its more important to learn english than basque, maybe even french, the only time you might actually need basque is if youre lost in the countryside of the basque country

PS: 𐌺𐌰𐌿𐍂𐌿𐍃 𐌺𐌽𐌴𐌹𐍆𐍃

>does Sup Forums support gothic characters..?

Learn occitan then...
Unlike catalan you won't be able to do anything with it, and the only people you will talk occitan with will be like-minded people circle-jerking forever.
It used to be a great language for poetry, now it has nearly completely disappeared thanks to the french government.

You don't *need* Basque unless you're applying for a job in the Basque or Navarrese administration. Every person who speaks fluent Basque also speaks native Spanish or French.

It is official in Catalonia too. The aranese variant.
If you learn the Gascon dialect, or directly the aranese one, you might be able to talk to some people in the Vall d'Aran.
Beware, however, that the place has been invaded by manolos the last years. Many of them probably can't even speak Catalan. Much less Aranese

when I lived in Boston I had an old neighbor that could speak Nawa (or Nahuatl don't know if there is a difference), Quechua, and some other language that was from the Amazons in Brazil
I remember that his house looked like that mansion in the beginning Uncharted 4, such a badass dude

Aren't most speakers rather old?

Or dead. That is his point. It is a dying language.

>pic
Þessi hnífur á að vera þungur

Are there neighbourhoods/areas in Britain where people exclusivly speak celtic languages such as cornish?
I know that there are areas in Ireland where people do that, and I guess in Wales you would find such communities too?

Hebrew. Not only it's a conlang memed into the status of an actual language, it sounds like shit and people who aren't Jewish insist on learning it as if it was somehow hip and cultural to know a church language.

>Þessi hnífur á að vera þungur
:P
I attempted to translate "þungur hnífur" to Gothic. It isn't showing? I will attach it as a screenshot.

I unironically want to learn old Anglo but not middle.

I don't know if there are any Welsh-only speakers, but from what I understand most Welsh are proficient with it and a lot prefer to speak it over English especially if they aren't in mixed company. Also for some reason loads of kids' shows in Britain were originally Welsh or made by Welsh companies, so you can see loads of dubs of Fireman Sam and stuff in Welsh. So I would say Wales is by far the healthiest of the Celtic languages, a bit ironic I suppose.
Cornish is a bit of a meme, the only ones who speak it are middle-class English larpers buying summer homes in Port Isaac.

What church uses Hebrew?

The jew church. I'm sure there's a specific name for those, just like there is a specific name for their food, for their hats, for their robes, for their glasses, for their hairs and everything else they can shoehorn their disgusting language with.

>It's still a useless and dying meme language
So is Swedish.
A synagogue.

ah i see! no i saw it, just wasn't getting it
>tfw no special alphabet
wish we would have kept writing in runes

good that they're not completely fucked

Your alphabet is still the best, félagi. :)

Icelandic is pretty meme tbqh, especially consider how similar it is to Old Norse.

A friend of mine knows Old Norse fluently from university study and when he went to Iceland on vacation he trolled the natives with ancient phrases and young people didn't understand a thing, but apparently old people understood him without a problem, and found it pretty funny too.

That's pretty meme-worthy tbqh.

Purifying your language is sick, wish we'd had the bottle to do the same

Esperanto

Well, if the English still spoke like this people would still fear the Albion.

youtube.com/watch?v=mVyXDYp60BE

Serbian.

Can you understand it?

Some, yes. It's closer to Old German than Old Norse though.

t-thanks
I'm thinking of studying it among other things when I go to university this year. Is there much interest in Old Norse in general in Norway?
And yeah that doesn't surprise me, the young people here are fucking morons, at least in the capital area.
Not him, but I understand bits and pieces here and there

I just want to know why academia says I speak a dead language when it has as many speakers as Georgian.

>Is there much interest in Old Norse in general in Norway?

Sure is. I think it's one of the few parts of the humanities at university that still attracts a lot of people desu.

Purification does not necessarily implies archaization though. Even if the Norman invasion never happened, English would still probably come through the sound changes and lose most of its inflection.

>English would still probably come through the sound changes and lose most of its inflection.

Most likely the latter more than the former though. Language tend to become grammatically simpler over time. Who knows why though, because certain languages in the world are still very grammatically inflected(like yours).

Kreskatalian

Well, if languages always evolved towards simplicity, they would never become complex in the first place. Some flexion dies, while some other is being formed as a result of phonetic processes. If IE languages used pospositions instead of prepositions or put the subject after the verb in a sentence, we would probably see a rise of new declension systems, but since there is nothing to form them from, we only see further simplification and analitization.